Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Qualification growth

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 6.01.2010, 15:33

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

I have one question if anyone knows answer.

My qualification growth for farms is only  +0.058. My present level is 19 (+5) and i have 30 farms (10 buidings9 and all of them are at 100% eff.). All of them also are making profit.

What influences on qualification growth? Just efficiency or profit also?

• Page:
Message list:  

6.01.2010, 15:46

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Main: you need to have required qualification(all types of it) a little less than your own qualification.
I guess that your first type of required qualification is small. Increase half of your farms and other half - on hollidays. And your qualification growth will be betterWell 

6.01.2010, 15:58

Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion

tnx...i'll try that 

8.01.2010, 17:53

D0M1NAT0R

Privet managers!

Can someone please answer if the profitability of a subdivision affects the qualification growth?

1. Profitability of farms affects stock raising qualification
2. Profitability of labs affects science research qualification
3. Profitability of warehouses affects ???

Thanks in advance,
D0minaT0R 

8.01.2010, 21:04

labs are always making loss so affect the efficiency obviously...warehouse don't affect nothing...about farms i don't know 

9.01.2010, 00:06

Last time edited : 9.01.2010, 00:09

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

D0M1NAT0R
Privet managers!

Do you use some kind of translator? Well

П.С.: ну по крайней мере полгода-год назад влияли прибыльности точно. А щас после реформ - хз... Думается мне что все же влияет. Кстати еще раньше игроки выявляли зависимость, что мол до 300% прибыльности фермы квалификация сильно качается, а свыше этого - уже не тот эффект (дополнительных налогов то бишь) 

10.01.2010, 03:06

D0M1NAT0R

Thanks for your replies!

2 turkbostjan
Sorry but are you 100% sure about your statements?

"labs are always making loss so affect the efficiency obviously"

So the developers want to slow down the players' qualification growth intentionally? Or maybe the profitability of labs do NOT affect the Scince Research Qualification growth? Or maybe labs are NOT ALWAYS making loss? How about selling technologies?

"warehouse don't affect nothing"

So I can sell my products from, say, a farm to a warehouse for higher prices, then sell them from the warehouse to other players for real market prices. So that I have great profitability of the farm, which probably affects the stock raising qualification growth, and great loss of the warehouse, which affects nothing.

It seems to me to be a bit confusing...

Will be pleased to read your opinions, guys. Will give you pluses - let's rise your carma!

Thanks in advance 

10.01.2010, 04:58

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I think turkbostjan had a typo in his statement about labs. They never make a profit so qualification growth is not affected by that. When selling tech and licenses the profit is applied to the research, not the lab.

Warehouse profitability has no affect at all. You can sell to warehouse for inflated prices to increase profitability of other enterprises, this used to be a way to increase qualification growth but with the reform the devs have changed that.

From qualification and qualification growth thread:
"4. There will be much less possibilities of unfair qualification growth;"

Now it seems that using warehouses to increase enterprise profits will only increase turnover and tax.

Regarding factories and animal farms, I'm almost certain profitability will have an effect, but that effect will be very minor. Efficiency, loading rate and having required qualification close to your actual qualification are the main factors. 

10.01.2010, 14:20

D0M1NAT0R

Thanks Fractal!

Also got a question about loading and its effect on the qualification growth.

If a subdivision works with 100% Production load but NOT with Full capacity load, will it affect the qualification growth?

If so, what you think is better and have a minimal negative effect on the qualification growth:

1. To build/buy a subdivision of the size you can load fully, then extend the sub gradually and have some loss due to modernisation expenses

2. To build/buy a subdivision of the size you can't load fully, then increase the load gradually and have no the full load for some time.

Thanks 

10.01.2010, 17:50

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I think 1. would be the ideal way to do it. I know loading has an effect, but I'm not sure how much.
If you keep all enterprises at 100% efficiency, 100% capacity and staff settings at a level to have a qualification requirement within 1-2 points of your actual qualification, you should see some decent growth in your q levels.

Just a side note, I always build subdivisions size 1. If you need them any bigger you can expand them as soon as they are built. This lets you order supplies while it is building instead of having to wait an extra day after its done.

Building and modernisation costs should be the same or very close whether you build a size 1 enterprise then upgrade to size 5, or just build a size 5 straight away.
If you are adding a tech to it, the introduction costs are usually cheaper for smaller enterprises too. 

10.01.2010, 18:04

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

i found that having less equipment and less workers, giving 100% production load, still lets my Q grow quite nicely since the efficiency reform 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Qualification growth

• Page: