Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> New Player: how to start?

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 28.12.2009, 06:00

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

How new players supposed to start to build up an efficient corporation?

I mean, I have an office - smallest - and one store - smallest as well, the office is at 100% eff and the store is only at 64%
It says "Qualification required   1.86 in case of maintaining current subdivision settings" and of course I have qualification 1

How am I supposed to start to build up if even with the most basic setup I cant have a decent efficiency???

ps. staff and office efficiency is 100%  in the store, but the final is only 64%

What can/should I do to achieve 100%? Besides waiting till my qualification grow

regards,   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.12.2009, 08:22

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

check your store's work efficiency link again.
it is possible that your store employees do not have the required Q, which the stores front page do not show)

of course, you need your top manager efficiency up as well. 

28.12.2009, 13:53

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I checked again,  the staff efficiency is 100%, they have higher than required qualification

The bottleneck is as far as I can see top manager efficiency, the question is how can I raise it?

The main problem is "Qualification required   1.86 in case of maintaining current subdivision settings"

What are the main ingredients of "current subdivision settings"?
I have a shop with 10 staff, 1 division, residential area

How can I lower the qualification required, what influence subdivision settings?

regards, 

28.12.2009, 14:47

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Less staff... & pay them less.
Lower your employee Q & reduce staff. 

28.12.2009, 14:59

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Having a store at 64% won't be a problem for too long. It should not take long to get your commerce qualification to 2.

In the meantime make sure your sales are efficient (you should be selling 99-100% of your supplies at a price close to city average. If you are selling 100% try increasing the price or orders slowly). 

28.12.2009, 15:59

Deira

I see, thank you 

31.12.2009, 14:12

Bolka
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

Be careful not to advertise at the very beginning too. This just happened to a new player I coached, she started advertising in many cities and it dragged her main office efficiency to 3-5%. 

31.12.2009, 18:21

coffeeaddict
Seven years with Virtonomics

I started my new character right off with production, and the efficiency problem has been very bad for me. Because I have to manange so many employees (200 for small factory), I don't have enough qualification from start in production or management. My efficiency is between 8 and 1%, although it really doesn't seem to have much of an impact on production besides some thousands of dollar losses. If I raise qualification of office problem gets worse because of top manager and I don't need that worker qualificiation, everyone's at 1.00. And my own qualifications are going up very, very slowly. After about a week they're not even halfway, and I've been having huge profits all along. What should I do for this efficiency thing? I think it's going to become a larger problem as I grow... 

31.12.2009, 19:01

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

good to see you back, coffeeaddict.

production qualification growth is now based on production loading.  if you have a 500 worker factory, 500 machines and 200 workers, that will be about 40% production loading, and your growth will not be as good as if your 500 worker factory only has 200 machines and 200 workers.

looks like you only have 1 office and 1 factory.  i found with my clone that having some sort of diversity helped management growth (go for supermanager - that will get you +2 Q).

i had 1 factory and 1 store - in different cities, so 2 offices.  didn't do any advertising (because that takes more workers), and it was quite easy to keep them at 100% efficiency.  you only need to have 4 of them at 100% for 1 day to get supermanager.

check your admin load for the office.  as VLLord posted in another thread, try to keep that near 100%.  making sure your required equipment and worker Q match for your factory.

for your store, again use the work efficiency link to set the number of store assistants and qualification. 

31.12.2009, 19:13

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

cofeeaddict .. welcome back!

The efficiency is a regulator so that a player can't grow to fast; basically your expansion is always guided/restricted by it and in the early days there's not much to do.  it just takes a while to kick it off. 

31.12.2009, 21:28

coffeeaddict
Seven years with Virtonomics

Ah, I see. Good to be back. The other games just aren't the same.

All my factories are full to capacity with machines and workers. It's too late for supermanager (I was on vacation). Should I be building more factories, so I have a bunch of small ones, or just get one giant factory? Does having a variety of items count?

And, does low efficiency reduce the rate that I gain qualification? Because at the current rate with terrible efficiency I am still making a lot of money. 

1.01.2010, 14:49

ccm_tsang

in the new world, seems it matters not if you have 2 factories of 100 workers or 1 factory with 200 workers, except for the office managing the division(s).  production load at 100% helps qualification growth, as does total number of workers (but not exceeding player's qualification..)

low efficiency affect the production volume and quality.  the only good thing with a Tech 1 Q1 factory is that the quality won't drop any more.  you'd make more products if efficiency is higher, but if you produce something in demand, you can set a pretty decent sale price and make good profit. 

6.01.2010, 10:56.     Subject: Am I stuck already?

yndy_

I've started in late december as well on Lien and I opened some shops and a cowshed and expanded the office in addition to what I had at the beginning. I have 2 problems now:
1. my shops are not selling anything even if prices are at 80% of market.
2. My Top Manager efficiency is at 5.3% in the office and the overall efficency is between 0.2% and 0.4% in all subdivisions.

I am still making some money from the production facility by selling to other players but I am now running out of supply so I'll probably start losing money from tomorrow onwards.

What should I do?

My understanding is that if I increase the management lever with money/points I can get out of the slump but is this the only way to play the game? I am looking for a free-to-play business simulator, if this is not it, I'll look further. 

6.01.2010, 12:05

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

yndy_

I have 2 problems now:
1. my shops are not selling anything even if prices are at 80% of market.
2. My Top Manager efficiency is at 5.3% in the office and the overall efficency is between 0.2% and 0.4% in all subdivisions.

Your stores aren't selling goods because your efficiency is very low. It's better to have 80-100% efficiency.
You've got lots of subdivisions in one region and your top manager couldn't manage them. You need to close some of them.

1. Leave your office and one store, close all other subdivisions.
2. Go company->quests->choose supermanager
   It's not difficult to fulfil it and you'll have bonus +2 in all qualifications for 10 days.
3. Correct your office: there should be 2 workers with qualification 1..2, 2(or more) computers
4. Correct your store: 100m, 3 workers with qualification 2..3, residential area
5. Put extra one office and one store simmilar to your old, order goods
6. Next day you'll get supermanager and then you could increase store size, their quantity, order more goods, put advertising...

yndy_

My understanding is that if I increase the management lever with money/points I can get out of the slump but is this the only way to play the game? I am looking for a free-to-play business simulator, if this is not it, I'll look further.

It's possible to start(and play) without real money. It will take only more time score successes. 

6.01.2010, 14:31

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

It is free to play if you want it to be, but keep in mind that things move slowly in the beginning.
That is why the (often used) option to advance using points/money is there.

If you have the patience it is just a matter of time, if not buying a few points will get you to the better part of the game more quickly. 

14.01.2010, 17:55

Zigas

I opened Poultry farm. Where i can find city average prices of meat? 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> New Player: how to start?

• Page: