Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Advertisement board: buy, sell, and advertise! -> Potatoes

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 14.05.2016, 07:52

barthodo
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi all,

i need 5000 - 10000 Potatoes / day.
QL 2 onwards.
Max. price: 150-200$ per piece

I want to produce fries (not for re-sale!)   

• Page:
Message list:  

23.05.2016, 15:11

barthodo
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Question:

For some goods there are "independent supplier" with QL 1.00 (which i guess is the "server-player" itself?).
Why is this only available for some goods and e.g. not for Potatoes?

The Potatoes sector looks like a big monopol....
The offered potatoes are that over-prized (no max price here??), that nobody can (re-)sell them or produce other goods out of it without huge loss.

for me it's not normal that one  potato should cost > 4.000 $ !
Since there is no raw matieral needed, this is just ripping off other players. 

28.05.2016, 14:31

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

It's not a monopoly, many players have farms. I will harvest 100-200 million potatoes per virto-year, but my farm (which was a pretty good deal) cost me $2 600 000 000 000 and I do want to make profit from it. What would be a good price for you? I expect to produce Q10+ potatoes.. 

30.05.2016, 11:01

barthodo

My problem is that i can  only buy Potatoes  > 3.500$ per piece for my Fries plant.

The indicative price for Fries is @ 200$ (in Germany).
So the max selling price (from my plant) should be around that correct?

Due to this abnormal Potato price i have prime costs of  ~ 21.000$ per Fries piece.
If i now offer the Fries for e.g. 22.000 or 25.000$ it's nearly impossible to sell them.
Further to this, if there is any customer it will never do "Purchase volume" <-- because max. Price was exceeded?
There is a "Order volumne" but "Purchase volumne" remains on 0 (over several updates)

So as said:
It would be nice to have ~  5000 Potatoes / day.
Then my plant will be on 100% work efficiency.

It needs 5 potatoes for 1 fries output.
So the cost should be above 100-200$ per piece?
Otherwise i don't see a chance to be able to be productive and to be able to sell the produced Fries!?

I'm quite new to this game...
Maybe you can support me to find the correct purchasing price for potatoes, and how i can find out the max price for selling the fries?
22.000 or 25.000 are currently not working 

30.05.2016, 11:32

peterke
Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Thirteen years With Virtonomics Pearl shell Sandalwood Sicilian olive Italy Gold Italy retail leader
Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Belgium soccer ball Croatia soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Shock-worker of Virtonomics Chemistry Teacher
History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Literature teacher Mathematic teacher High-precision microcircuit High-precision microcircuit "Point and shoot"
"Point and shoot" SLR camera Wine barrel Chewing gum Chewing gum Chewing gum Chewing gum Chewing gum
Chewing gum Chewing gum Chewing gum King of the Fields Citronom Fishing spoon Fishing spoon Ladybug
Watering can Brazil retail leader Gold SIM Kindergarten's Leader Power Plants Leader Silver Ten Silver Ten Golden hook
Angola retail leader Double corporate chevron Denmark retail leader Poland retail leader Honeycomb Leader of the retail trade of Sri Lanka King of the gas station Haloween pumpkin
Haloween pumpkin Vampire Mask Frankenstein Mask Frankenstein Mask Witch Mask Witch Mask The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places
The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places
Merchant Medal III level Calipers Hammer Merit for the Uzbekistan of level III Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state
Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state Нead of state USA retail leader
Mexico retail leader Russian ball Ball of Costa Rica Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina Ball of Argentina German ball
Argentina retail leader Cuba retail leader Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Greece retail leader Venesuella best retail Tenderman Freezer
Washer Restaurateur Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Medicaster Netherlands retail leader Retail Elite
Fitness Tycoon Fishing Pro Latvia retail leader Uzbekistan retail leader Princely mansion United Kingdom retail leader Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Forest tycoon
Planter Landowner Miner Helmet Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor
Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor Governor
Governor Spain retail leader Turkey retail leader Saudi Arabia retail leader South Africa retail leader Germany retail leader France retail leader World's retail leader
m:
Global Industries

It's to early to make fries.
The very first Potatoe harvest starts in july. Thats only 3 days from now.
Can you wait 3 days? 

30.05.2016, 11:34

barthodo

yes, i can.

And then the Potato prices will dramatically decrease?

Is this every virto-year the same?
Is there only a specific time frame where it makes sense to produce fries? 

30.05.2016, 11:58

HauntedMonkey
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

The solution is to earn some game points through competitions and buy a potato farm, and then capture the fries market which no one is in because potatoes are not on sale in the open market, not ideal but is the truth Well 

30.05.2016, 12:03

barthodo

For sure, this is a possibility.
I hoped, that there will be a "independent supplier" with Quality 1.00 for potatoes.
But it seems, that this market is not in competition yet.

But why i can't sell my Fries for 22.000 or 25.000 if i have prime costs of 21.000?
The Purchase Volume remains always on 0 an all customers.

Have i exceed any max. price for Fries (that servers blocks this selling)?
Where can i find the max price?

And is there any max price for potatoes? 

30.05.2016, 13:36

Konstantinopel
Nine years with Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
m:
Things N Stuff Wordwide

barthodo, new agricultural farms, over 77.000 ha, will produce potatoes in three days.

Potatoes are a new product in the game.

Patience! 

30.05.2016, 14:08

barthodo

Ok, i wasn't aware about that!
I will wait 3 days :-)

But how could it be, that some are already selling potatoes? :-)

Thanks to all for your help! :-)
Really appreciated it. 

2.06.2016, 15:05

Konstantinopel
Nine years with Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
m:
Things N Stuff Wordwide

Total potatoe production: about 500 000 000
average quality: 8.43 

3.06.2016, 08:59

Last time edited : 3.06.2016, 09:01

barthodo

What is your price per piece?

Currently i have a supplier who is filling up my stock with Qualitity 7 for 8.59$ per piece.

--Edit --

I'm in "Mary"-World.... 

List of forums -> Advertisement board: buy, sell, and advertise!-> Potatoes

• Page: