Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Advertisement board: buy, sell, and advertise! -> About Lending, Banking, and Loans in Virto.

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 9.06.2010, 13:33

Last time edited : 11.10.2012, 15:59

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hello all players. I started a bank on Mary where I was lending out to players. I send all the information of my plan to the admins and I recieved 100% approval from them. Diska was not made aware of this decision at first by the admins and I sent him my information for my bank, as well as my approval. I ran my bank for about a week and made a couple succesful loans. Upon further review of this addition to the game in this fashion, Diska has informed me that the admins have made a decision that loans or any kind of player lending on Virto is not at this point going to be allowed. Here is his email.

>> Unfortunately, I have to admit that our support team have misled you. Any banking activity is strictly forbidden in the game. This restriction can be explained in a very simple way: for the beginners making money itself is already one of the most interesting things. The very essence of the game is in understanding all the tricks the system has and earn money. And when you offer loans to these players, you actually kill the whole game process. The practice of forbidding giving money to new players is used in all games; it would greatly harm the gameplay and the business oriented part of our project.
>>
>> The forum thread you created was deleted.

I will appeal this decision based on the face that lending is a big part of business and the entire experience of business. I am not sure what kind of success I will have with this appeal but in case it is not successful, I thank all of you guys who have been receptive to my idea and thank you for your support. Well Maybe one day this possibility will be added to this great game.

Happy business!   

• Page:
Message list:  

7.09.2010, 09:09

deathincarn

u have my support honorchamp. although i partly agree with the email, it would ruin the game for new players if they where able to borrow money. however i think that secured loans should be allowed (loans where the value of the loan is secured by a asset, hence if the lender doesnt pay the lendee back, that asset can be taken as payment) 

8.09.2010, 22:04

TradeEmpire
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I agree with admins. As you are always bound to success in this game, getting a loan is making the game way to easy. Although there are loans in real life, qualifying for a loan of this magnitude (millions) is nearly impossible. 

10.10.2012, 19:07.     Subject: Parade-ground Cleans

nosmottOtheds

Moderator Jane84 has deleted this message  

List of forums -> Advertisement board: buy, sell, and advertise!-> About Lending, Banking, and Loans in Virto.

• Page: