Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Should we get organized?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 31.10.2009, 14:44

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

seems with so many players gone, supply has become somewhat erratic.

eg. for a while, i couldn't find a reasonable supply of dye, so bought a dye factory.  Now, there is an over supply, and i can buy better quality and for much less than my own factory.

for electrical goods, only washing machines and TVs have supplies available.  the rest, except computers, of course, have zero supplies left.

i have only been selling electricals and jewellery, but suspect other groups of products may have the same problem.

there is also the semi finished products and raw material like rubber, glass and machines, of course.

would people like to rationalize our business expansions?  eg.  for electricals, if i concentrate more on making mobile phones, someone can make more GPSes.

that way, we won't all decide to build/expand GPS factories, with no one making mobile phones.

from another thread, if we build/expand too quickly or if the factory becomes too large for our qualification, our efficiency will crash - then so will our business..  

what do you think?

please comment   

• Page:
Message list:  

31.10.2009, 17:11

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

During the realms infancy there would have been a natural progression of production, there were no supplies, so new factories were built to fill the void. As demand increased so did supply.

With the demise of so many companies supply has been disrupted massively at most stages of production for most goods. It has brought about a situation in which the products that were in short supply before the closures now have adequate supplies, while the once plentiful products are becoming increasingly rare.

It is good in a way that it creates opportunity, but also bad in that new factories are being built a little later than needed. This means all the companies that need those goods panic, and virtually all of them build the same factories. Watching the trends will help with this, but due to the human element of the closing companies it will be all but impossible to predict accurately. My suggestion is to look at the future options of any new buildings. If the product can be used in several second or third stage factories it will be a good investment. If there is only one use for the product, maybe make a post in the forum to get a feel for demand or to see if someone else has just built one.

I think coordinating expansion will be most important for the semi products. Most of these factories have high production (units per update) so one factory will be enough to supply several end product factories.
End products will not really need any planning at all, if there is a production surplus the retail market will expand to accomodate it. 

2.11.2009, 06:19

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

I think it's starting to get back "on track" after the big change. I for one am starting to produce raw materials. Or materials that other industries rely on to be successful. I'm not sure what i should start with. Any suggestions or needs? 

2.11.2009, 09:09

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

i can buy all your cheese, bread, canned meat, sausages and leather wares. Currently re-organizing my business and available to discuss other products / setup sponsored, new factories as well.
Just pm me! 

2.11.2009, 12:12

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I need large quantities of most foodstuff and grocery items, and also electronics, clothing, some household goods and some manufactured goods.

I've been forced to raise prices in most stores because I can't get hold of enough goods.

...And thats not even mentioning the semi products that I need. 

3.11.2009, 05:56

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Fractal. I'm working on a deal with VLtrader and i'll probably be able to supply some groceries to you too. If we fail o come to a deal I'll work one with you? I can give you tonnes of groceries. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Should we get organized?

• Page: