Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Number of active players

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 22.10.2009, 19:13

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

If U are active please write something so we know how many of us is keeping pace with the game Well   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.10.2009, 19:17

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

ccm_tsang: Currently, there is penalty on overall efficiency if you have to many enterprises, and penalty for higher tech level vs qualification. At least the former will be replaced with a limit on total amount of workers soon. According to the link "work efficiency" efficiency will drop 40-60% in most my enterprises and i't ll need > 100 game points or possibly double that  to maintain status quo (vs closing down 50% of farms & factories) . I have 2 companies, 6 points and 160 days left.

(2 x) 55'000 factory workers after the reform require Q22 and 6500 farm workers requiring Q19; combined production of (all) these generate 350-400 Million in retail sales.

new efficiency regulation (not yet implemented) see here,Stage 1 = work efficiency link in every subdivision: http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/29/topic/27745/view ...

Science and mining seem to benefit from the reform but the new worker quantity penalty for farming & production is gonna be a hammer. 

29.10.2009, 19:41

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

okay, so number of active players will, unless there is some change SOON, drop to close to insignificant when most players finish their current lot of clicks and bought virts (probably before the model change).  for successful players like Mike1, it may be the efficiency killer - can't see ANY player wanting to spend > 100 game points to stay in the game when only 15 will count each time.  others, including myself, will go when the clicks count down.

like many others, i've turned to creating own supply chain. have on the whole managed that except for raw materials, but then it feels more like a solo game than a multi player one, let alone massive multi..

i'm quite close to meeting the challenge to become somewhat successful, using a total supply chain model.  this solo thing keeps up, i may as well go back to king.com which led me here in the first place...  

yep.  it's sad 

30.10.2009, 14:28

wred5
m:
rest

I have started to play on mary recently.
I believe my company will bring me profit.
But now there is unprofitable.

Thanks for correcting my mistakes. 

30.10.2009, 19:23

sawasawa

I've got to agree with ccm_tsang.

Due to lack of reliable suppliers it's easier to rely on own supply chains.
It's interesting balancing everything from materials to final products, but it's also easy to sell the products in retail. The retail market seems to accept price rises as well as absorbing everything that gets produced (at least in my small area).
It makes it easier to be successful and its just a question of optimising and avoiding expanding too large since that will result in a drop of efficiency as described by Mike1.

So at the moment I'm just setting personal goals and trying to achieve them.
The next one is to change the colour of my signature banner Very we! 

3.11.2009, 21:00

Last time edited : 3.11.2009, 21:00

alexmely777
Seven years with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion Bronze Finnish Lion Silver Finnish Lion TradeMark (duration 365 turns) MBA diploma

I play. While game interesting.Well 

4.11.2009, 12:04

Mindwerkz
Five years with Virtonomics

Im here for 105 more rounds 

4.11.2009, 15:37

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

hi mindwerkz,

how did you got 105 updates left??? i though the maximum updates is 90??? 

4.11.2009, 16:00

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i have 150 of them Well had 180 

4.11.2009, 17:11

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

90 is the max for any new points spent.

180 was the max given for points spent before P2P. 

5.11.2009, 03:15

Mindwerkz

yeppers, I had like 130 or something, with 20 unspent points so I should be one of the last people turning out the lights. 

5.11.2009, 15:43

Last time edited : 5.11.2009, 15:48

yuga_ninjie
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

i see so i can spent 15points per day, is that right??? and i would be add to my 43updates??? i can't spend game points because i'm not sure if it would be added to my game updates... 

5.11.2009, 16:12

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

15 game points would give you the maximum 90 days banked.

If you have 43 days left you will be at the maximum 90 days after spending 8 points, and you'd only get 5 days from the 8th point instead of the usual 6 days.
If you wait until tomorrow then spend 8 points you'll still be up to 90.

Spending 15 game points every ~3 months (90 days) is the most economical way to play.

No matter how many points you spend you won't get above 90 days banked, that is why anything that costs more than 15 points is virtually obsolete. 

8.11.2009, 10:31.     Subject: tee hee

artillery77

Ahhh....convuluted pricing schemes and the confusion they cause.  It's why software engineers and accountants go to different schools. 

10.11.2009, 04:02

Mindwerkz

though it looks like were holding steady is anyone planning on buying MORE points than they have now or just let them run out. 

10.11.2009, 05:26

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

I'm buying more for sure. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Number of active players

• Page: