Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> raw material ripoffs

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 16.09.2009, 12:19

archmage
Four years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics

I am setting up some Metallurgy Factory which will be producing steel for my companies because the massive increase in price and lack of supply. But i have found that i will be not getting a very good deal because raw materials will cost me 150.24 which will probably put the price of Q1 steel at $160-170 which is incredible over priced.

Now I’m not sure what the exact details are, but I see a couple possible situations:

1. People with lots of money are buying up the cheap offers and posting them at much higher prices

2. There is just a lack of production (which is unlikely) and because of this the people with the mines are just trying to make so extra cash

For people who have no access to the coal and iron ore markets:

Iron ore
Lowest price - $15 by lark40 limited
Lowest available price - $72.43 by K&K Corp, 19 631 279 available!!!!!!!! Really?

Coal
Lowest price - $12 by Gianco
Lowest available price - $68 by Turk Incorporated, 99 076 available

Iron
Lowest price - $54.04 by Gianco
Lowest available price - $200 by Marsupium Inc, 40 345 available

It is easy to get around this in other products but I am not in a situation where I can spend $20 to make 2 mines just to get a fair deal. So I hope that some of you reading this own mines and can help make this a much better situation.   

• Page:
Message list:  

16.09.2009, 12:55

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

how much coal and iron ore do you need? 

16.09.2009, 16:04

archmage
Four years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics

i will need 12,000 coal and iron ore (every day) starting tomorrow and then 24,000 coal and iron ore (every day) in 5 days time, but that could easily rise to 60,000 depending on the demand for steel. 

17.09.2009, 11:57

Last time edited : 17.09.2009, 12:19

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Some last turns (3-4) i have not bought just one piece of coal or iron ore (turkbostjan can proove). Market will be changed in nearest future, by miners and speculants (to cheaper prices).
My warehouse with coal and iron ore - is not restorable.

Also, you have an alternative - buy natural resources from independent supplier (first metallurgists in Mary-world bought from independent) 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> raw material ripoffs

• Page: