Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Dead Forum?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 11.08.2009, 03:18

Montague
MBA diploma

I see that people are speaking about this. I agree.
This forum needs some life in it.
I usually wait around 24 hour before being able to get an answer to questions.
Perhaps forum moderators can help us with answers just a little faster - then soon this forum will be active and on it's feet.
We users can then help others who come to ask same questions that we started with.

I am Montague from South Africa. If anyone needs help or want to chat, send me mail.
I am enjoying this game, even if I am very new and still learning.
I think that I am getting the hang of it, because my shops are making profit. I have to fine tune my supply lines - incorporating strategies I am learning as I go along.

It is a pity that most of the advice is on the Russian forums, because even with Google Translator, it is difficult to understand some of these things.   

• Page:
Message list:  

11.08.2009, 09:44

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Just because two other worlds (Vera and Olga) - are older than the Mary. Vera and Olga are russian speaking worlds.
Also - there are many russians in this game, espesially in TOP list, for example, me Well , Fandorin, Amantes, Rashke, FTSE, sokolik777, Wagner, foxnet, diska...
-----
i think, advices are being generate now... by players like you, Montague, and some time liter there will be very usefull advices, like in other worlds. 

11.08.2009, 12:30

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I think most players are in the learning stage at the moment. As more players gain an understanding of the game the knowledge base will increase which means more people will be able to help with questions, so the wait time will decrease.
In the mean time, play learn and help where you can. 

12.08.2009, 02:05

Montague
MBA diploma

Good answers.
And come join in this forum.
Make at least one post/answer per day, this will encourage people to check into forum every day. 

13.08.2009, 14:02

KiGGi
Four years with Virtonomics
m:
KiGGi International

hey montague i think i can give u some advice. i see that ur stores are all in africa. i think it would be good if u switched up a little bit. i usually dont want to have all my stores in the same place. for example get one in like france or england, then another in saudi arabia ( prices are soaring there right now. best place for me to make profit)

btw, i got super manager in just 1 day of playing haha !!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus from both my stores i have revenue of 90k in one game week. i didnt get a profit but its ok as i  spend over 200k supplieng for each store. now i have supplied for long time, i hope to earn 40k profit each from now on. 

13.08.2009, 16:36

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

KiGGi - Congratulations on getting supermanager, it took me a week to learn enough so I could get it but the 7 days was up by then. You are right about having stores in the same city, if they sell the same goods you get a sales penalty which means you will sell less.

I see that your stores are both 100m2. I started with 100m2 for my first store but after 3-4 game weeks the trade hall was too small. Now I start with 500m2 stores...

Your reputation is very low, if you can afford it try advertising for a week or two. Radio is best for a new shop, but outdoor is good if you can't afford radio. Advertising will bring more customers to your store so you may need to increase your order amounts or raise the price.

It is normal to make a loss for a couple of days, but it should turn around and start to be profitable after that. 

13.08.2009, 17:44

KiGGi
m:
KiGGi International

thank you, and ty again for the advice. i have about 188k ( i was expecting 120k yesterday :]) so the radio will be too expensive. however for the first day for both stores i just did net and press, but now im doing net press and outdoor. anyways. for both stores i accually stocked up on goods for prolly 1-2 weeks ( maybe even more depending on how many custemors i get) also i hope to get some meat and milk to sell in my stores or to others from my cowshed.

also, the reason why i got supermanager so fast was cuz i figured out how to play this game after about 7 tries ( 3-4 days about)

plus for new players, to get it, just get 4 offices and get them to 100% 

13.08.2009, 18:52

Montague
MBA diploma

Ok I will try to follow your advice.
I have also had to restart a few times, but I am not restarting again. Now I will play and go bust or win. No other way.

I thought it was bad to move to other countries early, this is why I stay in same region. I will make stores in other place too.

Thanks for the advice. 

13.08.2009, 21:36

KiGGi
m:
KiGGi International

also get stores in different cities. 

14.08.2009, 12:50

m:
Company 2.0

KiGGi - it seems there is better advice from a more experienced player on another thread. He says to expand stores to 1000m2. http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/48/topic/27468/view

Getting supermanager with 4 offices will be of no benefit to you. SM gives you +2 to all qualifications for 10 days, so you need a store (commerce) or a factory/mill (production) or a farm/plantation (agriculture) to gain any real benefit from it.
I got 100% efficiency with 1 office and 3 stores, but I built them on different days and didn't auto stock them so my 7 days was up just as the efficiency went up. My advice is to build 4 small buildings (3 stores + office will be cheapest) as soon as you start.

Advertising is more cost effective when you do the more expensive ones, meaning each $ you spend will raise your reputation more. Doing an expensive one and a cheap one will reduce the cost-effectiveness of the whole ad campaign (less reputation per dollar spent).

Montague - It may be better to expand to other regions instead of adding subdivisions to your start region. Each office can only manage a certain number of subdivisions before losing efficiency - and bigger, higher tech subdivisions will reduce that number.
Of course costs will be a large factor too, wait until you can add an office + at least one other subdivision straight away. 

14.08.2009, 18:27

KiGGi
m:
KiGGi International

ty for the advice :] 
Peace Out,
KiGGi,
KIG Industries

17.08.2009, 07:07

omg 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Dead Forum?

• Page: