Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> points - paying vs free

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 5.08.2009, 19:35

Montague
MBA diploma

Is it possible to play this game without spending real-life cash on points?
I do not mean, to compete to become the top dog in the virtual world. Just to be able to play to a 'complete game'.

So what I am asking is this:
1. does there come a time, when in order to progress to any decent level in Virtonomics, you have to buy points.
2. certain industries, such as plantations or mines, seem to be off limit unless bought with points. Can existing mines/plantations be bought from other players for virtual funds?
3. from my limited knowledge it seems that technologies have to be learnt (paid for in points) in order to keep your productivity at a decent level. Does this mean that eventually you get to a stage were you cannot grow your business larger?

I am just trying to get a better understanding of how things work.

PS. I do not find any helpful guide/tutorial out there - is there one?

thanks   

• Page:
Message list:  

5.08.2009, 20:45

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Yes, it is possible to play for free, at all.
Also i can say you that the most top players (like me or FTSE) playing without investments in game or with investments like 1-3 $ . 

5.08.2009, 21:04

Inmarill

1. So-so Well You really can progress without game points, but your qualification will increase really slow.
2. Yes they can be bought for virtual money on enterprise auctions. But they are quite expensive, starting from 5-800 000 000 virtual money. But it isn't a big problem for big player.
3. Techology learning works without game points. You just build a laboratory and start researching.
Even on Olga and Vera realms, which are older, you can find top players who didn't spent a single game point, so you really can play without real-life money investments. 

6.08.2009, 02:47

Montague
MBA diploma

Ahh .. thank you.
I just did not want to get involved with the game, only to find out I cannot progress.
I am with limited funds and will not be able to afford much.

Thanks for the help, guys. 

6.08.2009, 08:35

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Once you started you have 21 days to find out if this game is for you. If you want to pursue it seriously i strongly suggest you benefit from the double-points offer; i did chip in 10 $, got 20 points, converted half into cash and bought a small mine. This gave me a nice head start. I didn't spent game points for qualification or office items.. that will come by itself if you're doing the right thing with your $$'s.

Indeed you can still play the game without game points but its like in real life more $$ = more fun. 

7.08.2009, 21:25

z654123

Montague
Is it possible to play this game without spending real-life cash on points?

It is real. I`m play without real money. Result in my signature Well 

7.08.2009, 23:15

Montague
MBA diploma

Noted.
Thanks. 

10.08.2009, 16:45

alexmely777
Seven years with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion Bronze Finnish Lion Silver Finnish Lion TradeMark (duration 365 turns) MBA diploma

It is cleverer to play with real money. It is not necessary to put much. It is Enough to put in qualification. Without it to wait the result it is necessary very long. But also it is necessary to remember, that the more money you put, the more quickly game bothers. It is necessary to find a golden mean! 

10.08.2009, 23:56

Montague
MBA diploma

as I say before - finance is impossible for me right now.
I will take part with real money when I can afford.
Yes, I understand the advantage. I will see how I can do for now with just playing free. I will try hard. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> points - paying vs free

• Page: