Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Hm Question, Please answer

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Voting:  

Can we still compete with #1 Company

Voting duration:

Start: 6.07.2009, 00:07

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yes

- No

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 6.07.2009, 00:07

JustynS

Ok, lets take a look at the 2 biggest companies.... How do new players have a chance to compete with them>?   

• Page:
Message list:  

6.07.2009, 01:14

Four years with Virtonomics MBA diploma

what do you mean?

ive only started few weeks ago To you

so yes you can still compete with the bigger companies.  if you couldent.  how can small buisness in the real world manage against big companies?

there is still plenty of customers left to be served, just takes time to build your little empire.

be patient

craminu 

6.07.2009, 05:41

Last time edited : 6.07.2009, 06:12

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Ask this question on the Vera server, where the leader (JDS, diska) has assets average 1.000.000.000.000 $ and some industries have more than 20th level of technologies and some players' Top Manager has 100-300 points of each qualification 

17.07.2009, 19:39

sam35

I just started aroud two weeks but the server down time make me very difficult to manage my company, I usually only play during weekdays so I pretty much leave it alone during weekend. It is a long road before I can catch up. 

26.07.2009, 17:30

levjxrf
Nine years with Virtonomics

All at once wish to get in leaders!!!!!!!!!! 

29.07.2009, 12:52

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

indeed, you can just do it like Craminu, pay in 7000 USD and you'll get 14'000 game points = 70 Billion asset value within just a few weeks... but be careful it will cost you double after the double-bonus period! 

29.07.2009, 13:56

Mike1
indeed, you can just do it like Craminu, pay in 7000 USD and you'll get 14'000 game points = 70 Billion asset value within just a few weeks... but be careful it will cost you double after the double-bonus period!

lol.  well the stupid mines and farms cost points To you 

29.07.2009, 15:07

Mike1
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
m:
Mico Inc

Whilst it may be kind of a turn-off to realize that its almost impossible to become Nr 1 in asset value in this game, its just like in the real world.   Few will close down their business because they can't be Bill Gates. Truth is,  you'll need them big guys because they help keeping the markets on the move and making stuff available at better prices.

Be competitive and creative, find niche markets and opportunities and make a good living, thats is what this game can teach you.  With a bit of patience you will be soon able to spend a few millions every day recklessly; you can't buy Ferraris and open harems but there's plenty of fun in mary world! 

29.07.2009, 16:11

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Assets' volume is not indicator. Assets are virtual sometimes..
For example look to my assets by time:

17 March 03 = 47 718 393 340.89$
10 March 03 = 48 636 800 573.77$
3 March 03 = 45 326 167 029.14$
24 February 03 = 38 244 222 931.28$

Is that mean that i have lost something at last turn? I don't think so, because there is thing called Asset Structure. My structure looks like this:

Technologies 37 095 409 695.00$ (77.74 %)
Cash assets 3 472 326 419.98$ (7.28 %)
Raw materials and stored goods 3 391 474 612.93$ (7.11 %)
Equipment and technics 2 838 730 996.60$ (5.95 %)
Buildings 568 997 289.60$ (1.19 %)
Lands 335 853 772.80$ (0.70 %)
Brand 15 600 553.98$ (0.03 %)

Well, we can see, that the biggest asset is Technologies - virtual asset... 

29.07.2009, 17:07

Inmarill

Wow, 37 billions of technologies assets Well I wonder how much techs have you invented. 

29.07.2009, 18:50

ya my assets goes down also. but i think that have something todo with the mines loosing some at each turn Well

29.07.2009, 20:02

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

craminu
ya my assets goes down also. but i think that have something todo with the mines loosing some at each turn Well.

Products of mines etc may have 5 - 50 times retail/cash value if they're sold on the market ( near independent supplier price) and their revenue can be increased to cover your expansion cost.

Seems to me the game has its own values: you'll pay 300 million for machines but "Equipment and technics" won't add that amount. 

12.08.2009, 23:48

KiGGi
m:
KiGGi International

on one of my tries,, on the second day i had over 10 mill assets. i used all money to built structers. it was a big mess tho. i got bankrupt. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Hm Question, Please answer

• Page: