Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Virt Is Becoming Stale

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 3.08.2021, 07:43

Gamblar
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Belgian chevron Ancient manuscript Moai statue Sandalwood Baobab Baobab Sakura Sakura
Oak Oak Maple Maple Cedar Cedar Elm The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard'
Triple corporate chevron The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination The winner of the Leaders Contest in the "Fuel Rivers" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Four years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Leader in technologies
m:
Get After It

As someone who has played for some time and over new accounts through the past 10 years, I have to say, the game is becoming quite stale.  There are a few hardcore people, and then there is nothing.  

1. In 2021, we have had the Construction Brigade and absolutely nothing else.
2. We got the infamous "icons" update where it appeared only icon art was changed.
3. The bugs... I'll only say I just bought an Incinerator today and the Technology tab is stuck on "Method does not exist"...

Is there still development going on or should we just look elsewhere for sims?

I'd love to hear thoughts from you big fish (Mike, Luis, PeterK, SchmatkoA, Omahen, etc.)

Regards,
-G

• Page:
Message list:  

7.08.2021, 21:10

Last time edited : 10.08.2021, 11:20

MacNab24
The winner of the Industry Competition in the "Virtostandard of fuel" nomination Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Four years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
MacNab Inc.

Well, I'm not one of the 'big fish', but here's my opinion on the current state of the game. I've given this comment a lot of thought, so please only respond to its contents - let's not make this personal.

I've been playing off- and online business simulation games, and for me, Virtonomics is still one of the best out there. It is complex, with lots of products, materials, resources and markets. The web format does not bother me, and the pace - overnight updates - suits me just fine. I'm not particularly fond of mobile games where you need to keep an eye on your businesses all the time. The user interface is dated - and the new one does not look promising - but I can accept that because the game mechanics are good (same reason why I still like to play Patrician).

However, the major issue with this game is the complete lack of interaction between the developers and the community. We have no idea what they are working on or why they are working on something. It also makes me wonder if these guys might just pull the plug on this game without any kind of advance notice to players.

This gives me the feeling that the devs do not really care about this game. Compare that to the Czech guy behind SimCompanies (a much simpler simulation game) - it is clear this guy cares deeply about his game, works hard on it and has managed to create a very active player community.

So why do these devs not communicate with us? Is it because they do not feel comfortable communicating in English? For you Russian players: do they communicate with you more on the Russian forums? It cannot be that hard to find a couple of motivated moderators for the English forum, now can it? I would love to hear from them, who they are and what their design is for this game. 

11.08.2021, 13:50

Last time edited : 11.08.2021, 13:51

ChrisTekk
Egypt retail leader Belgium Retail Leader Italy retail leader Shock-worker of Virtonomics Kindergarten's Leader Power Plants Leader Double corporate chevron Science: master
Agriculture: bachelor The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Greece retail leader Brunei retail leader
Tenderman Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Freezer Washer Restaurateur Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Medicaster Top Technologist
Retail Elite Fitness Tycoon Five years with Virtonomics Latvia retail leader Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Finland retail leader Governor Spain retail leader United Arab Emirates retail leader Saudi Arabia retail leader Mali retail leader Kuwait retail leader France retail leader
World's retail leader Leader in technologies
m:
EcoTech SE

Technically, my humble observation: there is a slow but steady stream of updates - a port underway from a outdated UI (platform) to a new UI platform (and engine), one that supports "any device". It involves changes and required adaptations, some are great, others appear ugly, or sometimes ok only at second sight. And of course it always involves bugs and troubleshooting. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Virt Is Becoming Stale

• Page: