Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> List of Companies that "legally" cheat

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 27.03.2021, 08:05

MajDiesel
Italy retail leader Power Plants Leader Double corporate chevron Production: bachelor Leader of the retail trade of Sri Lanka The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Philippines retail leader Brunei retail leader Freezer Washer Fitness Tycoon Latvia retail leader Estonia retail leader
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
MajDiesel Ltd.
m:
Diesel LLC

Ladies and Gentlemen:
There are a few players that have learned to abuse the system and "legally" cheat players. How they do it is start a contract price for an item, and then over a period of time, keep raising the the price gradually until over time, an item like soy sauce is costing over $400,000
The system has somewhat of a built in protection: When you "sign" a contract with another company, there is a default option that will automatically cancel a contract if the price is increased by 10% or more. Players can change the default, (to include setting an absolute $ price that breaks the contract rather than a percentage), but my guess is not many players change the default. So to bypass this default, the scamming company raises the price by 8 or 9% each update which doesn't trigger the auto-cancel.  Some see this practice as fair and it is the fault of the company they are ripping off for not paying more attention to their business. I disagree. So, to help others that think this practice is BS, I am starting this list.

On the MARY realm, Monarch company, owned by BeriyaL has a long track record of this. He has even bought warehouses with existing contracts and used those to contracts to bilk customers who are actively trying to avoid him.

On the LIEN realm, AleksStar company, owned by Hannyk was just caught doing this to member of our corporation.

Feel free to add to this list. Please don't use this to try and settle vendettas.  Both of the examples I have included are verified offenders.

• Page:
Message list:  

8.04.2021, 00:32.     Subject: First "Raising the Price"; now- "Lowering the Quality" (aka: Bait and Switch)

MajDiesel
Italy retail leader Power Plants Leader Double corporate chevron Production: bachelor Leader of the retail trade of Sri Lanka The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Philippines retail leader Brunei retail leader Freezer Washer Fitness Tycoon Latvia retail leader Estonia retail leader
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
MajDiesel Ltd.
m:
Diesel LLC

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Reading another player's post today I learned about another "legal" tactic that is just as despicable as the price jacking scheme outlined above. The shady company starts selling medium to high quality goods below market value, and then when they accumulate enough contacts,  they swap out the supply with lower quality goods. This in some ways is even more insidious because at least with the price gouging scheme, victims have some protection because the program default cancels contacts if the price increase is more than 10%. However the default does not automatically set a quality minimum. I have a feeling I have been burned by this a couple of times in the past few months but shrugged it off as an unintentional decline in quality. Rest assured, I will be following this much closer in the future.
If you have been ripped off by a con-artist using this method, feel free to broadcast their name here and provide the details. I am still hoping that admin will make the needed adjustments to adjust the blackmailing process to allow preventing purchases FROM these crooks in addition to blocking sales TO them.
Diesel 

17.09.2021, 13:40

JohnSherman
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Washer The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
m:
VDG-COMP

Reporting leechers seems a good approach - I support listing cases and offenders. For fairness and validation, I suggest claims of profiteering should be backed with
 1) sharing a link to the respective sales offer(s) and
 2) a personal message to the manager of the company in question. 
VDG-COMP

17.09.2021, 13:42.     Subject: ...

JohnSherman
The winner of the contest of directors in the nomination 'IT-standard' Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Washer The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics
m:
VDG-COMP

Let's start collecting. 
VDG-COMP

21.02.2022, 01:35

SunshineExtreme
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
SunshineExtreme Incorporated

I did that when I was starting out, as I didn't know how the game worked yet. (Specifically, I would raise by 4%, knowing the lowest percentage block was 5%.) I'd like to publicly apologize for that behavior.

Nowadays, I'm mostly selling in stores, not to other players. If I am selling to players, I'm keeping prices reasonable. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> List of Companies that "legally" cheat

• Page: