Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Finance Calculation - Need Answers please

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 25.06.2020, 07:40

manny4life
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Weihnachtsmann Vietnam retail leader Singapore retail leader Mayor Mayor
Four years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
manny4life Incorporated
m:
Manny4life Ltd.

Hello guys,

I really need your help with this: I believe there is a disconnect with the way the financial reporting is represented. In perspective,

On 24 June 2020, the turn results were
Asset: $4,660,533,630,818
Cash : $3,966,662,144,187

On 25 June 20, the turn results were
Asset: $4,615,907,033,758
Cash : $3,984,138,972,499

Total Revenue: $23,061,949,371
Total COGS    : $  4,784,120,324
Net Profit       : $17,213,766,868

From the above, it shows that Net Asset (including cash) went down (-$44,626,597,060) and although cash went up by $17,476,828,312 the following turn which is the net cash after expenses including taxes, the actual decrease to "Total Asset" was actually -$62,103,425,372 in the overall turn. Converting raw materials into stock shouldn't cause that wide margin (when you factor in the valuation), but when you convert that stock into sale, like in my case, I have almost a 70% GPM & 46.50% NPM, it means on average I sold almost twice the cost price. In perspective, when I sold a unit of product say $1 for $5, the $1 is counted towards COGS and the whatever the net difference after expense and taxes is debited towards cash, in this case, let's say $3.

Yes, although "Raw Materials and Stock" account [as part of the asset account went down by $1], the corresponding cash account went up by $3, which means the asset account should be up by $2. In my own case, I sold $23B and had COGS of $4, after expenses and taxes, I had $17B in cash (referenced upward), granted that COGS in Raw Materials went down by $4B, cash increased which means that asset increases... not decreasing.

Also, inter-company G/L transfers within the same account, in this case the asset account is pretty much not important, because COGS was $4,784,120,324 and I have been seriously bothered how the system thus calculated -$62,103,425,372 or thereabout (considering there was very slight movement between the asset account). So unless Virtonomics is telling me I heavily discounted my products which isn't the case here, there is a problem somewhere.

I would really appreciate a very good explanation because these numbers do not make any sense, and I am at loss for words right now, because it seems like selling inventory and stock and piling it into cash tends to reduce asset which shouldn't be at all. I wish I could upload pics so that it's more visible and it could possibly make more sense. I really appreciate the help.  Thank You!

• Page:
Message list:  

25.06.2020, 08:43

Last time edited : 25.06.2020, 08:46

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

this is about valuation of goods in inventory. has nothing to do with GOGS or other things you mentioned.

the valuation mechanism is not something i understand. let's take a look at the some products and presumed value (realm mary):

$20.47/quality
$2.29/quality
$44.78/quality
$2,443.88/quality

a fish is valued 9 times a salmon. red caviar 55 times delicacies: disproportionate valuation. red caviar Q:30 in your inventory is valued $73,300 while retail price rarely goes above $25,000. asset value of a company drastically increases by producing red caviar and decreases drastically by retailing them. you can read the rest of the story. 

25.06.2020, 12:01

kw2585
Twelve years with Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Taniocha&Tandeta

Wonson
a fish is valued 9 times a salmon. red caviar 55 times delicacies

Hmm, that makes perfect sense... So, where are the values coming from, are these fixed rates? And why on earth isn't the game using a market average rather than this? 

25.06.2020, 16:41

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

the values are not fixed. check-out "Assessed Valuation/Quality" in market analysisproductiongeneral report. the values are re-evaluated everyday.

i don't know how evaluation works. all I know it's not that easy that it may appear to untrained eye. once upon a time, one of those ecstatic moments i felt "boy, you should know everything", i downloaded an essay about value assessment but i have to admit i didn't understand a single word. too complex. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Finance Calculation - Need Answers please

• Page: