Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Tenders

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 22.11.2016, 13:27

hitaishi
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

I seriously think that after thge VIRT reform, there needs to be a certain change in the tendering system. Maybe adding more tiers to the tender qualification? I think the current system seriously lacks on one variable : providing a fair competing ground for all players regardless of their size. Today tenders are a function of assets...bigger players are impossible to compete with for mid-tier or low tier players.

Effectively what thats causing is...the rich is getting richer, the poor is hopeless and the mid tier guys have nothing to do...Once you leave amateur league you are screwed.

This is just my 2 cents, plz take it with a grain of salt.   

• Page:
Message list:  

22.11.2016, 21:25

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Tenders aren't about assets, they are about qualifications and knowledge about the system.

But what you say is quite true, the chance to win anything is quite minimal once you passed the amateur stage.

In the past I easily would throw in 15-20B in a tender just for hyper overpriced high quality supplies and technologies, and nearly every time I succeeded with winning VIRTs. But then I was able to use the stock market as a reference for how much I would invest and the chances of winning anything. Now it's just purely the economical value of a point and the slow return of investment for that specific point. 

23.11.2016, 01:32

RisticM
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Sunrise Corporation

I agree, its impossible to compete with top players. Your only hope is that they will decided not take a part in some tender.
Like you said, there should be some mid group for players with 30-40(45) qualification, even if the prize would be 0.5 point with 4 tenders daily Well. Now the problem here is that it would reduce the points purchasing, and i am pretty sure that is not something developers would be happy. 

25.11.2016, 23:12

Cwalen
Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

Qualifications and tech rather than assets, though assets don't harm.

It's a problem for game designers, positive feedback loops.

On one hand, companies have to see improvement or it just feels pointless.
On the other hand established players end up with stupid amounts of power which can discourage newer players.

Maybe a yearly cap on the number of tenders you can win? Simple to code. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Tenders

• Page: