Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Xio scripts and game logic

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 7.06.2016, 06:45

HauntedMonkey
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hey I know this may be a boring topic for experienced players, but I have installed a Xio script and its telling me to hire a crazy amount of employees at my offices, increase their salaries and install better equipment. My offices are running at 100% efficiency as it is although some of them have the scale icon next to them to indicate that efficiency could be increased. Seems illogical that 100% isnt efficient enough. I am assuming its telling me this because increasing these things will enable me to increase qualification growth for management correct?

I think I have that correct but please tell me otherwise. I guess my main question then is what is the meta logic behind hiring employees that I dont need, with qualifications and equipment far beyond the requirements. Seems like  a waste of money and therefore shouldnt equate to increased qualification level. Or am I crazy? Well   

• Page:
Message list:  

7.06.2016, 07:16

HauntedMonkey
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

hmm the more and more I'm reading what they want me to do the more annoyed im getting. What they want me to do does not make sense from a business stand point and yet this is a business simulator. I'm reading other posts about Xio scripts too, theyre telling me to do all the crazy things indicated to increase qualification, even if it drives me bankrupt!! I'm really not seeing the real world logic here... Does anybody else feel the same way?? 

7.06.2016, 12:08

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

The script will tell you how to get max growth, you don't have to listen to it however.

I've not loaded this game in a computer browser in a while so if it's updated Idk. If you don't care about qualification growth you can ignore the suggestions as long as they are over the requirements given by the game and under your financial abilities.

Afaik xio only suggests your max worker/machinery quality based on your worker count technology equipment with your qualification and either/both quality of workers/machinery. 

7.06.2016, 15:05

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

HM, at first I thought the same thing.  Qualification in the game does not resemble real life in detail.  However, at its core it's saying the more experience you have the better you will be.  That does ring true.  So, qualification in detail is a rules based game that does not perfectly mirror real life. I have actually really come to enjoy it and think the game would be less enjoyable without it. 

7.06.2016, 16:32

Last time edited : 7.06.2016, 16:36

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

HauntedMonkey think about it this way: to learn more about how to manage your business and to be able to manage a big business you should expand. It does make some sense if you think about it this way.

If in real life you open a small store you can't learn how to manage a huge retail chain by managing just one store, you should expand step by step to learn about managing bigger scale business.

No one said that you have to do all these things which Xio script tells you to do. If you have 100% efficiency you are good with your current scale of business. You need higher qualification only if you planning to expand. Some players are happy with a certain qualification and they don't bother to load top1 and top3 at max capacity, for commerce 40-50 is quite enough. Although for production/livestock and other Q like this having higher Q is more beneficial because it allows to get a better techs.

Qualification is not very realistic (somewhat realistic anyway,  depends on how you think about it) but without it and without need of constant expansion game would not have a long term goals and old players wouldn't feel satisfy when they spent 2-3 years on improving qualification if it wouldn't give them some bonuses. It is still a game and fun game play is often more important then simulation. Qualification is like skills of a player in RPGs, to improve "sword fight skill" you should fight tougher enemies with a better sword. In many games you can't keep killing lvl 1 mobs with a lvl 1 sword all the time to improve a skill, you should "expand" and go bigger. We can argue a lot of about this game mechanic but i feel that this is fine, pure simulation should not have qualifications, i can agree with that, but qualification brings RPG feeling to this game and i like it. Well 

8.06.2016, 03:16

HauntedMonkey

Yea you guys are right, I guess I was just a bit shocked when it told me to do such crazy things, and you're totally right that those scripts don't necesarily need to be followed. And I do quite like the rpg style too. Freak out averted :p 

10.06.2016, 16:53

Agustaeous
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Three years with Virtonomics

Without Qualifications the game would become very boring fast.  Think about how fast people would control markets. 

10.06.2016, 21:48

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

That's not completely true ;) players like me would control the market in many sectors but remember many other more important variables come into pay.

For instance if no qualifications was a setup one might hire 30q workers without loss of efficiency but w/o required tech you'll be still producing garbage quality To you

Equally someone could boom into the market and go bankrupt (target Canada is a excellent example). While qualifications makes the game more or less equal for all it's hardly realistic as it prevents many real world issues.

Players like Mike (and others) and I have the mental ability of dominating this game w/o issues w/o qualifications, but I just simply don't have the time for the upkeep, and that's one main factor even with the brains and ability if you don't have the time (paid services are not fully automatic) your empire will fail. If the qualifications where nuked out of existence for paid resources I'd be loving it, and would encourage me to buy more.

Imo qualification is not really a issue past 25 for most players unless you're hiring over 100k workers... 

13.06.2016, 15:56

Agustaeous
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
Three years with Virtonomics

You are correct.  You need to look at ALL variables.  The most important being time available for play, and qualifications. I stand corrected  :-) 

12.09.2016, 18:03

hitaishi
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

jeka_igla
Qualification is like skills of a player in RPGs, to improve "sword fight skill" you should fight tougher enemies with a better sword. In many games you can't keep killing lvl 1 mobs with a lvl 1 sword all the time to improve a skill, you should "expand" and go bigger.

On that note...can we have the sword fighting skill here? Sometimes i really wish I could punch a guy..... 

13.09.2016, 15:12

Last time edited : 14.09.2016, 01:57

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Single corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

HauntedMonkey: if you offer decent quality and pricing anything you produce and offer will eventually be bought by other players. With that approach, maximising your qualification will also maximise your income,  wholesale finance your expansion and qualification growth. Just like buying expensive goods for restaurants or auto repair centers leaves small margins but provides for steady q-growth.

1000 office workers managing a farm with 10 cattle = 100% efficiency  ...  thats where the human touch kicks in and make economical and efficiency relative.

hitaishi

On that note...can we have the sword fighting skill here? Sometimes i really wish I could punch a guy.....

yet another thing the game may teach: being upset and/or losing temper isn't efficient because energy is spent without any return, unless sword-fighting skill is accompanied with a *ego* ranking. Now you could get a frog or boots in the gift shop and rid of emotions by sending out the gift (i sometimes wonder why i am not having a whole collection of these on my profile I roll!).

gamerz300

Imo qualification is not really a issue past 25 for most players unless you're hiring over 100k workers...
i disagree.. i have over 5 Million workers in factories yet always welcome the next qualification level to add a few more. In between, things can get a little boring in the production division. 

14.09.2016, 00:22

Wuvil
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

gamerz300

I have to strongly disagree here... I dont see how it is ever possible to have enough factory workers.  
Tech starts being fine at that point, but even 1 million workers would not be able to even supply one good store with enough goods.. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Xio scripts and game logic

• Page: