Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Energy production and ecology

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 25.11.2013, 16:31

Last time edited : 11.08.2014, 15:50

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

On Tuesday, November 26, 2013, in Virtonomics, there will be introduced one more, to be exact even two spheres of activity which were presented only indirectly before - energetics and ecology.

1. Coal power plants

New unit type will be introduced: power plants with coal specialization only for now.

Equipment: coal power unit consisting of steam turbine, boiler, heatexchange equipment and coal mill (5 new products total at 4 new plants).

Coal power plants accept Coal of quality not lower than 1.25.

For control over mentioned units, new qualification type is introduced - Power industry.

By the principle of work, the power plant will be similar to usual plant, but with several fundamental differences the most important from which — the fact, that the produced electric power (measured in MWh) isn't usual stored product. The policy of sale of the electric power is defined by the energy grid, in which a power plant is included by its owner. In the first release five sales-policies are provided:

1 . World power grid: the produced energy is purchased by the independent dealer at the price equal to 25% from "world" price of electricity (now it is equal $100 / MWh). Thus, the first power plants will have the guaranteed unlimited sales at the price of $25 for MWh.

2 . Regional power grid: the produced energy is purchased by the region at the price not above the current "world" price, the regional auction of energy suppliers takes place each update, the energy not sold in update is purchased by the independent dealer at the price of 15% from "world".

3 . City power grid: the produced energy is purchased by the city at the price not above the regional price, the city auction of energy suppliers takes place each update, the energy not sold in update is purchased by the independent dealer at the price of 15% from "world".

4 . Corporate power grid: the produced energy is purchased by the enterprises, which are in this region and belonging to corporation, which the owner of power plant is a member of. Deliveries of energy take place only if selling price doesn't exceed regional tariffs. The not-sold energy irrevocably disappears in update.

5 . Private power network: the produced energy is purchased by the enterprises, which are located in this city and belonging to the owner of power plant. Deliveries of energy take place only if selling price doesn't exceed regional tariffs. The not-sold energy irrevocably disappears in update.

Besides, the mechanism of technological levels will work differently for power plants. Growth of technologies won't increase power unit capacity, but will save fuel (coal) — 5% of economy for each new level by an accruing result (0.95 in degree). And low-quality fuel will reduce the production capacity of power plant.

Multiplication of technological level by efficiency will characterize degree of ecological safety of station (some analog of products quality). The higher this indicator is, the more safe the station is concerning harmful atmospheric emissions.

2. Auction of energy

Nothing difficult. At first the private and corporate power networks delivering energy directly to the enterprises are processed. Then the cities are calculated. If there are the power plants offering energy to the city at the price below, than the region, the city buys energy from them, preferring cheaper offers, and in case of equality of the price — to larger power plants. Then by the same principle regions are processed. The world market is not to be calculated — it is always ready to purchase the remaining energy: at power plants of a world power grid at the price of 25% from the base price, at power plants of regional and city power grids — at the price of 15% from basic.

Once in virto-year, together with all other changes of salaries, taxes, etc., the world price for the electric power will change also. Principle is simple: few players go in for energy production — the price grows. It is a lot of players — the price aspires to trends set by players.

Besides, once in virto-year ecologists re-estimate the recommendations and requirements for levels of ecological safety of power plants of realm.

3. Ecology and new mayor/governor's projects

Environmental problems will be presented by four most painful for modern mankind problems: garbage, pollution from motor transport, industrial drains and emissions in the atmosphere from power plants. Each update in each city and in each region, there will be estimated degree of environmental problems on these four categories. Influence of adverse ecology will be expressed in rise in price of municipal and regional special projects, and also in negative dynamics by number of inhabitants in the cities. And, on the contrary, in completely safe on ecology regions birth rate and a standard of living will increase.

Ecology won't affect the current expenditure of mayors and governors, the cost of projects only.

For control over an ecological situation, mayors will have four new projects.

City program of garbage utilization will allow to lower significantly the level of the environmental problems connected with garbage.
Traffic intersection will allow to cut down for 50% transportation expenses of the enterprises in the city (products delivery within this city) and will lower level of the environmental problems connected with motor transport.
Treatment facilities will allow to lower significantly the level of environmental problems connected with industrial drains.
Environmental monitoring of power plants will allow to lower significantly the level of environmental problems connected with atmospheric emissions from power plants of the city. Thus, the city will refuse to buy the electric power from those power plants of a city power grid, which level of ecological safety is less than value recommended by ecologists.

For control over an ecological situation governors will have two new projects.

Ecological police will allow to lower level of the environmental problems connected with garbage, motor transport and industrial drains, in all cities of the region. However, expenses of the region on ecology will increase for 15%. Besides, all additional subsidies will be directed for ecological needs to municipal budgets of the problematic cities, if those are provided by the regional budget.
Environmental monitoring of power plants will allow to lower significantly the level of environmental problems connected with atmospheric emissions from power plants of the region. However, the region will refuse to buy the electric power from those power plants of a regional power grid, which level of ecological safety is less than value recommended by ecologists.

Besides, Governor's Councils of all regions will be added with 50 the voices reserved for owners of power plants of the region. Votes will be distributed in proportion to quantity of the electric power sold in update and adjusted for a share of players in energy distribution (for example, if players produce only 10% of energy consumed by production of the region, then for power engineers 5 voices in Council are allocated only).

In addition, daily within the current week (on November 26-29) Coal mines with discounts will be exposed on the market of the state enterprises!
The offer is limited!   

• Page:
Message list:  

28.11.2013, 01:55

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

Continuing on what Mo said, I have noticed that when you use the 'conduct geographical research' option in mines to replenish the existing the mines, the reserve increase is lesser than creating a new mine.

So when you're going to renew the resources, imo it's a better option to build a new mine. The difference is not that big (big or small is a very subjective term in this case, depends on person to person) but a bauxite quarry of level 2 base resources with a complexity of 5 and with 10 points spent on them, there's a difference of 3 million ores/mine. If you create a new one, you get over 13 million, if you replenish an existing mine with 10 points, you get just over 10 million. I think the idea of using the 'conduct geographical research' option was for smaller companies who had less than 5 points but still wanted to replenish some resources.
I may be wrong though. 

30.11.2013, 22:43

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

- will existing qualification bonuses be applied to power plants?
- what are the Top1 and Top 3 for power plants? 

1.12.2013, 20:25

Last time edited : 4.12.2013, 09:40

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Three years with Virtonomics

Yes, bonuses will be applied. But if I'm not wrong, "sponsor-president" and anniversary stars only are changed to give bonus to new qualification.
Udp. I didn't expect that, but found CM and CD "suits" for services giving +1 and +3 also.
Tops are estimated by players, so we have to wait. Well 

4.12.2013, 08:37

Last time edited : 5.12.2013, 09:00

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

* EDITED - All calculations in this post were wrong, scratch all of these.

After a long and tedious session of "change-and-check-that-link each 15 minutes", I guess I've found the TOP1 and TOP3 values for energy plants.

First, I hired the max number of workers at my testing plant and reduced their skill to minimal. The TOP3 alert didn't trigger, so I wasn't hitting the max.

Then, I've put 200 workers and their skill at 1.23 and it seems to go perfectly that way. (At 1.24 the efficiency was at 99.80%.)

After that, I began fooling around with my calculator and looks like the numbers fit in.

It seems to be a 2.15 multiplier of factories' values. (Or a 7.5% more than for mines, whatever you prefer as reference.)

So, my estimation of TOP3 would be:

Lvl1 = 860
Lvl2 = 2150
Lvl3 = 3870

Well, and now, if you don't mind, I'm off to sleep.

If anyone feels in the mood to check if the numbers are right, I would be grateful and it would be mostly welcome. And if anyone feels extremely grateful about this, VIRT donations to my Mary account are welcome too. To you 

4.12.2013, 21:01

Last time edited : 5.12.2013, 01:04

XiozZe
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Oxellic

And then I come in to say your calculations are wrong Rogue...

First of all, spoken in general mathematics, it's impossible to calculate the top3 and top1 values in one power plant, and because you have two variables (the top3 and the top1) and only one equation (your efficiency output).
Edit: Woops! It is impossible to calculate the top3 with one plant, but not because of this reason!

Second, I want to check this one:
Rogue_Cat
First, I hired the max number of workers at my testing plant and reduced their skill to minimal. The TOP3 alert didn't trigger, so I wasn't hitting the max.
With minimal, you mean a skill of '1', '0'? Doesn't matter though, both of them don't work, because you will hit the top1 value first, much earlier than the top 3 value, even on a qualification of '0.01'. The top3 of the factories is 400. If you have a factory qualification of 1, and you put in 400 employees with qualification almost 0 (salary 1$), then you will get efficiency problems, because top1 is overloaded. (Calculate it, workers = 400, skill = 0.01 will give a required top1 of 1.32)

And as last:
Rogue_Cat
Then, I've put 200 workers and their skill at 1.23 and it seems to go perfectly that way. (At 1.24 the efficiency was at 99.80%.)
This isn't the right way to calculate either, because top3 is underloaded and so, top1 is overloaded. That means, top3 could have a 40% load and top1 a 250% load, for example.

So I think you have to do a second research, because the top1 as well as the top3 values aren't trustworthy. I haven't give it a try by myself, but I expect a top3 of either 400, 600 or 800. 

5.12.2013, 01:58

Last time edited : 5.12.2013, 07:03

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

XiozZe

This isn't the right way to calculate either, because top3 is underloaded and so, top1 is overloaded. That means, top3 could have a 40% load and top1 a 250% load, for example.

So I think you have to do a second research, because the top1 as well as the top3 values aren't trustworthy. I haven't give it a try by myself, but I expect a top3 of either 400, 600 or 800.

Oh man, I fully forgot about the compensation part. That's right, I would have to upgrade it and test it again. Apologizing for the voter, I owe a +1 now. To you But yeah, I guess I'm not too far from the right number.

OK, I'll have to fix the calculator, and try to check this again at a time when brain is working at 100%. 

5.12.2013, 08:52

Last time edited : 5.12.2013, 08:54

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

OK, finally, after more tedious testings, and making use of my test account in Lien, looks like I finally got another hypothesis (I'm starting to like that word a lot).

This was partially the result of blind guessing, but I got the same proportional value while testing several facilities with workers at qualification 3.00, so the compensation thing didn't interfere. The tests were done with:
-A medical center with 25 of 100 workers at skill 3.00, TOP qualification at 1.
-A mine with 800 of 2000 workers at skill 3.00, TOP qualification at 2.
-And the annoying power plant, first with 200 workers at skill 3.00, TOP qualification at 1.

So, I was getting the same efficiency at the medical center and the mine: 85.70% efficiency, but not at the power plant (74.20%). Each one used a different TOP qualification value, but the required TOP qualification was constant, both in the checking and in my calculator. If I managed to get the same efficiency value by reducing the number of workers at the power plant while keeping skill at 3.00, I would get the number that (in theory) would be a 25% of the TOP3 value.

After two blind attemps, To you I got the desired result with 150 workers, skill 3.00, 85.70% efficiency. So, if they share the same principle than all other facilities, the TOP3 value should be 600. That value of 150 seems to fit the calculator formula too.

I am a bit drained of brain juice right now, Eyes in a heap but if I've made no new mistakes, THIS should be the correct value for the power plant TOPs. I'm glad that I will have no need for upgrading the power plant now too. Again, off to bed. I guess I'm going to stop posting so much stuff at once for a while. Pancake 

5.12.2013, 09:57

Last time edited : 5.12.2013, 09:57

Mike1
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Forest tycoon Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Jane84
Yes, bonuses will be applied. But if I'm not wrong, "sponsor-president" and anniversary stars only are changed to give bonus to new qualification.
Udp. I didn't expect that, but found CM and CD "suits" for services giving +1 and +3 also.

i only get +2 though i have between 29 and 40 bonuses, depending on the qualification type 

5.12.2013, 10:10

Last time edited : 5.12.2013, 10:10

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

Rogue_Cat
OK, finally, after more tedious testings, and making use of my test account in Lien, looks like I finally got another hypothesis (I'm starting to like that word a lot).

Dear RC

- as i recall, qualification level 1 usually doesn't allow q3 3.00 workers
- i can only find normal power plants, how to make an annoying one?

i will contribute my actual data in 2-3 days 

5.12.2013, 16:54

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Mike1

Dear RC

- as i recall, qualification level 1 usually doesn't allow q3 3.00 workers

i will contribute my actual data in 2-3 days

That was the point, overloading both TOP1 and TOP3 to get the same "shortage" in several facilities in order to find out the proportion between overload and compensation. We already know the TOP1 and TOP3 for medical centers and mines, so I continued from there.

It's annoying when you don't get the expected results at first attemp, Very we! and also when you have that place empty with no use yet. So, until we have equipment for installing there and coal for burning, all of them will be annoying power plants. And wait until we have to struggle with the pollution problem too...

Keep us informed, I can't do anything else with my current resources. To you 

5.12.2013, 19:48

Desolation72724
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Bjorn Enterprises

I have the necessary resources, including raw materials for producing the equipment but i don't want to make smt of level 2 -.-
I'll wait until i research tech 5 maybe 6 and then give it a shot 

5.12.2013, 22:12

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

Mike1
I roll!

Some critic points Rogue:

Rogue_Cat
-A medical center with 25 of 100 workers at skill 3.00, TOP qualification at 1.
-A mine with 800 of 2000 workers at skill 3.00, TOP qualification at 2.
-And the annoying power plant, first with 200 workers at skill 3.00, TOP qualification at 1.

Rogue_Cat
That was the point, overloading both TOP1 and TOP3 to get the same "shortage" in several facilities in order to find out the proportion between overload and compensation.

Top3 of the medical center is 100, so top3 is not overloaded.
Top3 of the mine is 2000, so top3 is not overloaded.
Why would the power plant's top3 be overloaded?

The top3 values are not in the right proportion, medical center got a 1/4 top3 load and the mine a 2/5 load.
So the top1 values wouldn't be in the right proportion either...

Two different qualifications (Level 1 for medical centers and Level 2 for mines) doesn't really make the comparison easier. But that's just a minor thing.

Rogue_Cat
I got the same proportional value while testing several facilities with workers at qualification 3.00, so the compensation thing didn't interfere.

I don't really get why the same qualification would prevent and the compensation thing. The same qualification leads to an easier comparison between the amounts of employees, but not really much more... 

5.12.2013, 22:59

Rogue_Cat
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Sorry, I meant overloading TOP1 and not letting the lack of TOP3 load compensate it. The thing was having all of the three facilities working at exactly the same efficiency after overloading TOP1 while avoiding the TOP3 lack of load. I brainfarted back there...

The proportion of workers/total workers is not the same at each level. At level 1 it is a 25% of max, at level 2 it's a 40%, at level 3 it's a 50%... As the qualification increases, the higher amount of workers can be handled while suffering the same efficiency percentage loss. That's why I check the mine too, even when it was a level higher. The TOP1 requirement was simply doubled in that case (calculator value), but the efficiency percentage remained the same.

I guess I relied a lot on the calculator, but the important value in these cases was the TOP efficiency percentage. At least, I think I got it that way because of them... Mike will confirm if I'm wrong about all this in a few days. Let's hope I don't have to make even more changes... Eyes in a heap 

6.12.2013, 01:19

XiozZe
m:
Oxellic

So basically what your saying is with qualification 1, every subdivision has an efficiency of 85.70% if the skill is 3 and the employees a quarter of the maximum defined by top3, no matter what subdivision that is.

If this statement is true, then the top3 value for power plants is indeed 600.
Good job! 

6.12.2013, 06:53

Mike1
m:
Mico Inc

my first, unverified result for top3: production top3 x 1.5 less 1 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Energy production and ecology

• Page: