Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Info about retail stores..who are the best markets

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 11.11.2011, 09:44

DeimonSalvator
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

Well now i need to ask something more advanced.I have opened 13 stores and in only 5 of them i get a lot of profit and in the other i almost dont sell nothing.   

• Page:
Message list:  

11.11.2011, 12:43

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

use http://virtonomics.com/lien/main/globalreport/marketing/by_trade_at_cities ...

there you have marketing reports for each city on both realms 

12.11.2011, 13:21

DeimonSalvator
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Two years with Virtonomics

look somewhere i readed some concepts i didnt undestand.Satured and unsatured markets i think ,can you explain me what is that? 

12.11.2011, 17:10

Dutchsmurf
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

It isn't that hard really. When you look at the city market for a certain product, at the top of the page, next to the text "Market development index:" you will see a letter. That letter indicates how saturated a market is. An A indicates a very saturated market, E an unsaturated market. The letter links with the graph beneath it, showing you the market share of the biggest sellers, the local sellers and the others. The smaller the share of the local sellers, the more saturated a market is.
One of the ways to find this screen is by going to Game World and then Reports. From there you can pick the product and narrow down the information to country or even city.

So what does this mean for you. There are only so many products the local citizens are willing to buy. If players are covering a big part of the market already, it is hard for a new player to enter that market. That is because you are at a disadvantage brand wise for one. If you enter a saturated market, you have to beat the existing players and that is hard. If you enter an unsaturated market you mainly have to beat the local sellers, which is a lot easier to do.

Also I noticed in many of your shops you have multiple departments (aka, selling many different kinds of products). For smaller shops it is usually best to go for only one kind of products. So either clothing or electronics, but not both. 

12.11.2011, 17:43

DeimonSalvator

1.And if i increase the size of my stores?what then?
2.if in a city Local suppliers are 90% but Number of merchants:18,Number of companies:17 is that market saturated?yeah there are 90% local suppliers but also there are 18 companies...
3.How can i know which product the local citizens are most willing to buy?
4.what is market volume?
thanks in advance 

12.11.2011, 19:17

Dutchsmurf
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

1. If you increase the size of your stores, you will be able to run multiple departments effectively. VLLord posted an indication somewhere, but not sure where. I can look for it later if you want. Do note that with bigger shops you will also need more personal so you will need to watch your qualification to see if you can handle that.

2. If local suppliers are 90% the market is unsaturated. There might be 18 companies, but those are only covering a small part of the market volume. Most of those 18 shops are probably that small, that they don't matter in terms of competitors.

3. see 4

4. Market volume is the amount of products sold in a certain city. On the top of the page you now know how to find, you see the "Market development index" (the letter indicating saturation), Market volume, Number of merchants and Number of companies. As example, the total market volume for alcohol in Germany on the Mary server is 4 909 298. The common/cheap products like food and grocery have a larger market volume than expensive goods like motor-car goods and jewelry. Like the market volume for cars is only 47 687. This means that for every car sold in Germany, 103 bottles of alcohol are sold. Citizens are far as I know don't have a preference of one product over another. They just have a limited need.

Do note that I only started little over a month ago so I'm no expert. When looking for a market to enter, there are a couple things I know you need to consider. In an unsaturated market you are competing with the local suppliers. That means you have to offer the same quality for a lower price, or a better quality for the same price as the local suppliers. By opening a warehouse you can see if the product with the quality you need is available for a suitable price. If yes, this might be a suitable market to enter. If no, don't bother.

If I'm posting anything that is incorrect, I gladly hear so from the more experienced players. 

12.11.2011, 19:40

DeimonSalvator

How can i increase the number of visitors in my store and the reputation?i only have about 120 visitors per week while some other players have about 5000. 

12.11.2011, 23:11

Dutchsmurf

Simple answer, marketing.

Long answer, some districts have more visitors than others. City district has the most visitors. Bigger stores attract more visitors. But most of all marketing. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Info about retail stores..who are the best markets

• Page: