Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Efficiency, efficiency, efficiency....

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 25.10.2011, 08:02

Last time edited : 25.10.2011, 08:19

crueknight

I am pulling my hair trying to figure out how this really works. lul.

So I just started this game about a couple weeks ago (my Uncle's bread company) and my efficiency for all my subdivisions were low averaging about 20-40% eff.

I payed my workers the average salary and as for Equipment and Staff efficiency it always is high up to 100%. It was always the office efficiency that was low, dragging the whole thing down to 30%. The equipment eff, quality, computer eff, staff eff, everything was 100% and running above the average. It's just the Top Manager's eff is 50% and the work eff is at 30%.

Then behold, for some reason I cannot tell, it jumped up less than a week ago to about 100% efficiency. I thought it was some miracle, but then I started getting profits and everything MADE SENSE. To you I was actually starting to profit a bit. It went well for, say 3-4 days and then I even reached lvl 2 Marketing, management and production. My lvl 2 Bakery was finished so I began 3. I even began to train my workers for a couple days.

But shortly after that everything fell to the same old office, dragging everything down to 30%.And I just dont get how it works. How did I even get to 100% efficiency in the first place?

I can't think what I actually did to get it to 100%. Was it reaching lvl 2 management that did it? Was it reaching lvl 2 tech?
And I can't seem to know how it brought it down either. Was it that reaching lvl 2 management made the game "harder"? Was is the technology reaching lvl 2 that made the office inefficient? Was it the staff training that wrecked me?
Did I need to buy points to get my management levels higher?

Can someone enlighten me on how these things works? I didn't find the wiki files too helpful as they aren't very in depth. Maybe there is a hidden tutorial out there that can help me. Or maybe you guys just have a simple answer. Any clue would be appreciated.
Man that 100% store advertising was really good.

Anyhow I'm probably going to start over the second time since I am about to go broke. To you (The first time because I made an error on my set up and accidentally got a random subdivision set up)

• Page:
Message list:  

25.10.2011, 08:06

crueknight

Was this supposed to be in the FAQ forum? If so I apologize. 

25.10.2011, 12:40

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

read the attached topics in the FAQ forum. Getting your arms around the concept of top manager qualifications and the amount of staff you can handle, the quality they can have, the techs you can use, the amount of marketing you can do, ... all of that is based on it.

To get you started: look at your skill in management. Then lookup in the tables there how many office staff you can employ in total, how many you can employ per office and at what level. Try not to exceed these maximums and you should be fine.
If the required amount of office staff is higher than what you can handle, you'll need to lower your marketing budget and/or send some subdivisions on holidays, ... This then subsequentially depends on your skills in those aspects of the game. 

25.10.2011, 22:28

crueknight

I read some of them and they explain how to get efficiency up. The thing is, 90% of my stuff IS 100% eff. It's just the:
-Top manager efficiency 58.00 % (at the moment of update)
-Work efficiency   30.70 % (at the moment of update)

This drags everything down. And I don't understand what made it go up to 100% a few days ago.

This little thing brings all my subdivisions down to near 30%: my mill, my bakery, my factory (which is 8.4% eff), my store, and my office. All low. This also brings advertisement to 11%.
Remember it was at one point ALL GOOD. And my skills points have only gotten higher, I don't see how it could be MY skills points that it suddenly going down. 

26.10.2011, 00:31

Dutchsmurf
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

It looks like your qualification increased at some point. That increase allowed you to manage the staff you had at that moment. But then you started (and put into operation I assume) level 2 and 3 of your bakery. I assume that meant you had more personal than you could handle and as a result your top manager efficiency dropped. To know how many people you can manage as manager, you need to look at the tables linked earlier in this thread. 

26.10.2011, 05:32

crueknight

No I continued my research to bakery to lvl 3. I didn't actually use it.
And I didn't hire any more personnel since the beginning of the game. 

26.10.2011, 14:08

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

did you train your staff or increase their wages?

If you post some screens, we can have a look. 

27.10.2011, 08:14

crueknight

No left their wages to average. And yes it happened just after I started training. Their training is over so I'm not sure if screens will help. So is that it? Training reduces efficiency?

Here is the subdivision screen. Training finished however and it is still lurking around 30%
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/castlehaven/images/5/51/Virtunomics_subs.jpg ...

Here is the Office.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/castlehaven/images/d/de/Virtunomics_office.jpg ...

Here is the Mill.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/castlehaven/images/4/45/Virtunomics_mill.jpg ...

Already bankrupt. Im not planning to restart however until I figure this out. 

27.10.2011, 15:31

Jane84
Witch's brew Bat Head of Frankenstein Witch's hat Ghost Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion Cocktail
Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Broker-Yard Tournament Prizewinner Participant's tiara of Miss Virtonomics 2012 contest Shamanic Mohawk The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Higher qualification of workers requires higher level of Top-Manager skill. Thanks to VLLord, you could find useful information here: http://virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/13/topic/102121/view/page:0 ...  

27.10.2011, 18:45

JustNash
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

well, take a look at your office. You've employed 4 people. But in the brackets besides that, it says you require 8. So what you'd need to do is buy 4 more computers and hire 4 more people.

Second thing you need to pay attention to is the required skill. In your mill for example, your staff has a skill of 8,64 whereas only 3,63 is required. This is causing a drag on your top manager there. Which is why it's only 93,9%. Because, as Jane84 said: higher skilled workers require a higher level of Top-manager skill.

As you already knew though, the main problem is your office efficiency. It is probably best to start over.

Don't be discouraged by the apparent complexity. After a while, it will start to make more sense and you will be glad you've stuck to it during this challenging time.

Good luck! 

27.10.2011, 22:02

crueknight

Ah thanks that helped alot! Very we!

I think I got it now. To you Didn't realize my office had a lack of workers.

And it helps to know that the top manager skill has to match the qualification of workers. Thanks! 

29.10.2011, 18:30

basszje

For new players that messes allmost every time. Maybe a hint for the staff to include this more clearly in the explainations when starting? Had the same problem with my first company Well 

1.11.2011, 17:31

RFHolloway

how do you estimate how many office employees it will take to manage your staff? 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Efficiency, efficiency, efficiency....

• Page: