Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Are you ready to chip in on a new country?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Voting:  

How much are you willing to donate?

Voting duration:

Start: 16.10.2011, 00:13

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- over 500 billions

- less than 10 billions

- between 10 and 100 billions

- between 100 and 500 billions

- ready to pay real $$

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 16.10.2011, 00:13

Last time edited : 16.10.2011, 00:40

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Being inspired by the similar topic on the russian forum I'd like to ask Mary community:

"Are you ready to chip in on a new country?"

As for me the introduction of a new country is associated with a new challenge and rising interest to the game. The introduction of Norway was the reason of my comeback.

As Diska said administration is ready to discuss this question with players.

What would you say on this issue? Please express your opinion.    

P.S. As for me I'm ready to donate over 100 billions.

P.P.S. Possible first-rate supporters will be awarded with bonuses to qualifications.   

• Page:
Message list:  

16.10.2011, 11:52

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

Hi,

there's only about 110 companies with total worth over 100 billion on Mary,
and (I'm guessing now) only about 50 companies with over 100 billion in cash.

Here you are ignoring us, smaller players, whose whole companies have weight less than 100 billion and haven't yet run out of cities where to sell growing reserves of produced goods - we may not be thrilled watching how 25-or-so richest ones are getting more toys and even more powers added to the overwhelming ones they already possess...

P.S.
I'm just whining because I have no spare billions of money to throw and there's no such option in the voting :-) 

16.10.2011, 14:47

Last time edited : 16.10.2011, 22:35

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Giekas, and why don't you enter Norwegian retail market? Royal Club is just a little bit bigger than you, however he is making over 17 billions turnover in Norway. 

16.10.2011, 22:02

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

As for me I'm also ready to donate  100 billions. 

17.10.2011, 16:03

Last time edited : 17.10.2011, 16:03

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

Here

VLLord
The introduction of Norway was the reason of my comeback.

Even halfneglected companies Ydaf International and KT Resource became active! 

17.10.2011, 18:46

Last time edited : 17.10.2011, 18:50

u0112277
Double corporate chevron Six years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
KT Resource

VLLord
Here
Even halfneglected companies Ydaf International and KT Resource became active!

Thanks for mentioning me, VLLord.Well
If Diska really means it, this will of course draw in many of those inactive players and the game will be more "fun" for every player. I feel administration created Estonia, Finland, Latvia and Lithuania for EVERY new comers to enjoy - the market development index for most retail markets in these countries(every commodity) is E or D. Most of big players do not prefer small size stores as we need to sell as much as we produce to keep up the cost of production so we choose other countries with high volume instead - it has been said that big players dominate entire retail world and I would say, we have to dominate big markets to keep the company run or we die by our own huge cost of production, raw materials, tax, etc.

To administration of Virtonomics, the benefits you will get, as I can think of off hand:
1. The current players(small or big) see more opportunities, their goals or dreams will come true in a more "approachable ways". They will be likely to spend some of real money to reach their business goals.

2. Most companies turnover will become profitable due to the low competition so they live in Virtonomics way longer and even as long as they see their companies grow bigger every turn - this reduces the chance players turn inactive after some time.

3. After my CP, nothing really drove me in unless tender with Virt. I would encourage that after the world is bigger we expect to see more tenders of any kinds with the prize in Virt - range from 1 to 5 Virts.  Frankly speaking if you really noticed it, I see MANY tenders with the prize of +10,+30 qualification grow but rarely or no one joins. This means most players see this kind of prize is not worth the tender investment. Different story with those tender that pays Virt.  Yes, there is really no point to pay for game points in order to win no Virts.  More competition would draw more spending of those who really need to win.

And there are lots of other reasons that encourage you guys to create new markets. Might see from other players.

Bottom line, I am ready to pay real money. Voted. YesHeartGift

Thank you. 

17.10.2011, 19:08

Last time edited : 17.10.2011, 19:09

Ksar
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Silver underwear Estonian silver coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Badge "50 years of Gagarin's flight" Spacesuit astronaut Astronaut helmet
Astronaut boots Santa Claus furcoat Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Best trade mark nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Ksar Corp
m:
Ksar Corp

can add 100-500 billions depends on terms / country despite on my opinion that more countries = less competition = more boring game 

17.10.2011, 19:20

Last time edited : 17.10.2011, 19:21

u0112277
Double corporate chevron Six years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
KT Resource

I agree with Ksar.

I was quite inactive for almost a year and my last forum post created a year ago is still on 2nd page lol .... we should find the ways to drive in more new players. Expose ourselves more.  
Yeah I once promoted Vir in Google Adwords for almost a month but the result was not quite positive. So please try different methods. 

17.10.2011, 19:46

Last time edited : 17.10.2011, 19:58

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

Ksar
can add 100-500 billions depends on terms / country despite on my opinion that more countries = less competition = more boring game

I'd partially agree with you. Just let's compare market development indexes for Norway and Germany:

Electronics: Norway = D..AAA, Germany = E..A
Autos: Norway = D..AAA, Germany = E..A
Grocery: Norway = E..AAA, Germany= E..A

Oslo and Berlin TV retail markets

Analizing these two markets I drove to the conclusion that exactly the Norwegian market looks more competetive. 

17.10.2011, 21:08

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

VLLord
Analizing these two markets I drove to the conclusion that exactly the Norwegian market looks more competetive.

What else can you expect - Norwegian market is a new toy (everyone who's bored wants to have a go), with several times higher retail prices and almost ten times smaller market volume than Germany.

Would the same happen if new country were, let's say, Ukraine - I mean, enormous market volume but probably not so attractive prices as in Norway. 

17.10.2011, 22:04

Last time edited : 17.10.2011, 22:17

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

giekas
VLLord

What else can you expect - Norwegian market is a new toy (everyone who's bored wants to have a go), with several times higher retail prices and almost ten times smaller market volume than Germany.

Would the same happen if new country were, let's say, Ukraine - I mean, enormous market volume but probably not so attractive prices as in Norway.

You're absolutely right, Norwegian retails markets is a new toy, as well as Baltic contest was a new toy several months ago. It's quite borring to play without new toys, that's why I'm ready to pay to get them. 

22.10.2011, 10:15

Last time edited : 22.10.2011, 13:14

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

4 people only are ready to chip in on a new country... this's not enough... let this topic be here, possible someone else will express a desire... 

1.11.2011, 03:22

Melchior2008
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Kuwait retail leader
m:
RoMa Inc.

USA and Brazil would be nice additions Well

I would donate between 10 and 50 billions, but that doesn't feed the game developpers Well 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Are you ready to chip in on a new country?

• Page: