Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Starter's mistake...

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 14.10.2011, 01:51

crueknight

Hey I just got started today. Accidentally clicked Random Business as an inheritance from my uncle. So I not got a Mill, a Cosmetics Factory, and a Store with random sorts.

Since I didn't pick the Bread Production line, I think that's why I get a... cosmetics factory instead of let's say, a bakery?

I've played eRepublik a while back and it's a lot simpler. You own one company and specialize in one thing. So I am unsure how I am to run these subdivisions with the least amount of complications.

Is there any profit from developing with the mentioned subdivisions, or should I rid of some of the facilities? Just not sure if ALL the facilities should be working together as a production line or producing different things are effective.   

• Page:
Message list:  

14.10.2011, 02:39

Last time edited : 14.10.2011, 02:54

crueknight

Ah I was able to restart the game. A very convenient feature. To you

Now I've started my bakery with much more ease. I need to learn how the whole chain works though.

Hey just curious, how many credits are equivalent to one USD if you were to withdraw in-game credits for RL cash? 
-Crue Knight
http://castlehaven.forumer.com

14.10.2011, 15:57

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

crueknight
Hey just curious, how many credits are equivalent to one USD if you were to withdraw in-game credits for RL cash?

$1 = 1 game point = 5 million of game cash.

You can convert $$ into the game cash here: My office -> Qualification. Or construct a barn and sell it through the auction (this way you'll get much more game cash).

In case of restart you get the half of spent points back. 

19.10.2011, 19:13.     Subject: Starting in Retail v. Production

IQof20
Two years with Virtonomics

Just something to consider CrueKnight as I myself started a few months ago and monkeyed around w/ the supply chain and still am getting mine in order, but found that retail was a much more controllable environment when the game is moving well along.  It may be different of course at certain points in the game cycle, but there are many producers in many areas making it silly in some respects to focus on production of your own goods vs. selling someone elses.

From my experience, watching the Marketing & Advertising | City Market | Local Suppliers, is the FIRST THING to check when moving into retail.  In most cities there is at least one product that is not fully exploited by retail with local providers having a large % of the market.  If you can provide goods into that market at the same quality/price then you will quickly capture a chunk of this.  

Also advertising becomes a critical part of retail so never EVER stop advertising as it pays off the very next week.  The faster you spend to boost your store's reputation > 200 the better off you'll be.  Also, don't stick w/ the smallest stores but go at least to a size of 1000.  

In most cities if you just focus on advertising and supplying products w/ the highest margins, then you can start moving into non-retail areas more quickly.

Just my own experience, but thought it might help a fellow newcomer. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Starter's mistake...

• Page: