Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Renaissance Cotton

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 21.02.2011, 16:02

Last time edited : 6.10.2011, 18:39

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

* How did you manage without it? (John Sloan, 1912)

Time for cotton!
We’ve been talking about it a lot, and it’s finally come true now: new items for sale and production chains based on Cotton.

Cotton, grown on  Agricultural farms, can now be shipped to a Factory of cosmetics components as a material of production   of Cotton cosmetics components with a 25% bonus for quality.

There is a new kind of factories to process Cotton - Cotton-cleaning factory. This factory processes Cotton into Cotton fibre with a by-product - Cotton waste.

Important:  the raw materials for a Cotton-cleaning factory have to be of the quality not lower than 4.In the future Cotton waste are shopped to a Pulp and paper mill for the production of Paper

Cotton fibre is shipped to a Weaving mill to be processed into   Cotton fabric

We plan Cotton fabric to be used for the production of two kinds of retails goods:
Underwear – on the Underwear factory (retail department - Clothes and shoes)
Bed-clothes - on Bed-clothes factory (retail department - Household goods)

The launch of these new items is planned for Tuesday, Feb. 22.
The novelties are for all realms: on Vera, Olga, Anna and Mary we are launching everything mentioned above, on Lien - everything apart from Bed-clothes factory (as it is already there, there will be a new specialization).

Essential oils factory on Mary, Lienand  Anna is being renamed to Factory of cosmetics components so that we have the same name on all our realms.   

• Page:
Message list:  

22.02.2011, 18:44

Last time edited : 22.02.2011, 18:47

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

This is going to impact the game severely. Now, players that needed cotton for their clothing factories won't be able to buy any at all. Othe suppliers are going to keep it to them selves to get a head start on this new product to hopefully be a leading giant. Now, are you suggesting that other player buy their own agricultural farms?

The way I see this, is a money making strategy for you guys. And a HUGE disadvantage to the players that don't spend large sums of money on this game. My factories use 2 million + cotton every day. How the hell am I supposed to keep my business going with no one supplying cotton? My entire empire runs on the clothing industry, and without cotton my company is useless.

Right now I can only wait and hope for someone to put cotton up for sale.. Or I would have to swithc all ym factories to Wool using resources. This is FAR more expensive and time consuming.

Thanks for this..... 

22.02.2011, 19:32

Last time edited : 22.02.2011, 19:36

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

globeballa
This is going to impact the game severely. Now, players that needed cotton for their clothing factories won't be able to buy any at all.

Wait, what? How can you use cotton for clothing factories? Cotton can only be used to make Fabrics. However, many players are using Wool to produce HQ Fabrics instead of cotton because it is abundant and higher quality. Hence, the changes shouldn't affect fabric production on the realm. 

23.02.2011, 03:15

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Kh0i
globeballa
This is going to impact the game severely. Now, players that needed cotton for their clothing factories won't be able to buy any at all.

Wait, what? How can you use cotton for clothing factories? Cotton can only be used to make Fabrics. However, many players are using Wool to produce HQ Fabrics instead of cotton because it is abundant and higher quality. Hence, the changes shouldn't affect fabric production on the realm.

Cotton is used in my weaving mills. I agree that wool is higher quality, but it also costs substantially more than cotton. On top of that, producing wool cost me 550M for just ONE Sheep Farm. 

24.02.2011, 15:27

Yellow_Melon
Four years with Virtonomics

diska

Essential oils factory on Mary, Lienand  Anna is being renamed to Factory of cosmetics components so that we have the same name on all our realms.

Well, I think there should be also another change in the name of a product, since there are two different "cotton fabric" items. First is made from cotton, the second one is the brand-new cotton fabric made from cotton fibre. For instance, the newly introduced product might be called simply textile

1.03.2011, 20:58

dhagonnn
Five years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Also it is almost impossible to find cotton over 4 quality! 

4.03.2011, 10:11

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Single corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

everything is a good idea except 2 production steps for making the cotton fabric AND required minimum quality 4.0 a bit to much of difficulty / playing into the hands of existing oligarchs. 

5.03.2011, 05:25

Last time edited : 5.03.2011, 15:54

v_ray
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Ten years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Neomarketing

Maybe there is nothing bad that creators of the game, entering such innovations, want to inspire gamers to buy virts and earn some money. But the whole idea looks like very limited and useless for majority of players... Even when you buy several farms for cotton growing it will hardly enough only for own production.... and the rest let smoking bamboo?
To my mind, innovations should be more accessible to everyone, not just for a narrow circle of gamers. In this case should be some additional actions that should help to develop new industry and market: f.e. sell off cotton farms at low price (1-3 virts) or something else.
In total all state enterprises should be cheaper, then they would be bought more often and bring more profit. And markets of raw products will be more developed. 

5.03.2011, 23:10

hitaishi
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite World Cuisines, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Shagreen, VII-XV places
l:
Tantra International
m:
Hitaishi Ltd.

Either make innovations and state enterprises cheaper or make tenders more accessible to players. if i have to spend 2000 USD to buy a grain farm...there is something very very wrong there.

There were auctions for enterprises yes. All of them went for 30-40 billion each...even the smallest ones. Whats the point?

I believe they can make winning Virts more accessible to players by segregating competing players based assets rather than owned virts.

Then again this is not the thread to discuss that. Just want to make the point that cost of innovations in the current scheme of things is unfair for players without a 100 gazillion in assets and low qualifications. Having more competition brackets so the new players can compete among themselves will make the game much more enjoyable and challenging for everyone.
A sincere attempt is needed to revamp this era of favoritism towards 'black' companies (no racial pun intended) and paid services. 

8.03.2011, 22:16

Tiara of the participant of Miss Virtonomics-2010 Maecenas of Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Mike1
everything is a good idea except 2 production steps for making the cotton fabric AND required minimum quality 4.0 a bit to much of difficulty / playing into the hands of existing oligarchs.

I think that it is a way to stimulate people to put up money in virts to buy farmsTo wink

hitaishi, For example I play without an investment of money in game. Therefore I can tell that farms are accessible to all who will do a little work, and not just who pays in that for virts.Well 

9.03.2011, 21:09

dhagonnn
Five years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

v_ray
Maybe there is nothing bad that creators of the game, entering such innovations, want to inspire gamers to buy virts and earn some money. But the whole idea looks like very limited and useless for majority of players... Even when you buy several farms for cotton growing it will hardly enough only for own production.... and the rest let smoking bamboo?
To my mind, innovations should be more accessible to everyone, not just for a narrow circle of gamers. In this case should be some additional actions that should help to develop new industry and market: f.e. sell off cotton farms at low price (1-3 virts) or something else.
In total all state enterprises should be cheaper, then they would be bought more often and bring more profit. And markets of raw products will be more developed.

+1 

1.04.2011, 20:48

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

Dear Administration...

I have lost billions in having to open sheep farms to produce cotton at a decent quality level.  I have to constantly buy new sheep due to the lack of quality of forage in my warehouse. This has affected my entire company, as it is based on clothing production. If this loss continues, I'll have to seize all operations on clothing, and move into something else, which will cost me billions more. I don't know if I am the only one being affected by this, but if you are, please speak up and let these people know that their money making strategy isn't working and is making this game much less enjoyable for the majority of players.

I am deeply unimpressed with your decisions as of late, and hope that you wil change them for the better in the near future..

globe. 

2.04.2011, 21:35

Last time edited : 2.04.2011, 21:38

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

Globeballa, i can offer you next exit from this situation: currently i'm selling whole my company (except little number of subdivs). Whole company was profitable, worked on not top techs, but close to top, some subdivs with top techs. All subdivs have trained workers, good trained.
You can buy my subdivs, i'm sure all of it generates profit. For i.e.: food industry + animal farms to supply it (farms with 2.0 animals). At present time food industry generates no bad profits (canned, noodles, sausages, dairy, ice cream..). And i was in the avangard of science in this sector (one of tops), so all this subdivs have good techs. 

9.04.2011, 05:56

globeballa
l:
Investors Corporation

I appreciate that, but I have based my ,company on clothing for so long, and I can't switch just yet 

10.04.2011, 20:14

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Single corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Why don't you just buy some fabric on the market until your own production has catched up? It will be cheaper than sending those poor sheep over the cliff. 

24.05.2011, 02:37

Last time edited : 24.05.2011, 02:40

kazinovski
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"

These days I find cotton as supply for my cotton cleaning fact. more expensive than I can sell my cotton fabrics. And now you tell me how to play? Tears Raw material 2 x costly than semy-product! Absurdly! And when I try to rise price it says prices is behind the limits! Not so 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Renaissance Cotton

• Page: