Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Changes to the list of Independent Suppliers

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 19.01.2011, 18:37

Last time edited : 11.03.2011, 16:14

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

* Independent suppliers are like Black Holes...

We are reducing the number of independent suppliers

Starting from Feb. 1, 2011 we are cancelling the part of Independent suppliers for Goods and Resources.

We are not planning to further cancel more Independent suppliers in the near future.

The process is going to include two stages:

1. The cancellation of non primary resources (Livestock and Equipment).
Equipment and Livestock of the 1st quality from the Independent suppliers were necessary on the first stages of development of new realms. Today on Lien and Mary the technological level in all fields does not require this kind of equipment, and the availability of these supplier shampers the development of Mechanical Engineering and Livestock sector. In addition, Computers obtained via Independent suppliers have been used for retail rather than for office equipping. Therefore, we have made a decision to cancel this kind of goods from the Independent suppliers.

2. Complete cancellation of the resources fromI ndependent suppliers.

This applies to Cotton on all realms, and Wood on Lien (there’s one wood supplier for all realms). On Lien there’s now a second stage of sales for Sawmills, and we plan the same campaign joined with an auction for virtual money for Agricultural farms specializing in Cotton).
Starting from the date of the announcement and up to the complete cancellation of the suppliers there are the restrictions for the amount to order.
Below are the dates and the list of the suppliers to be cancelled:

On Mary:

From Feb. 1:
( Hamburg, price 500, quality 1)
( Le Havre, price 500, quality 1)
(London, price 1000, quality 1)
(London, price 500, quality 1)
(LeHavre, price 500, quality 1)
(London, price 1000, quality 1)
(LeHavre, price 50, quality 1)
(LeHavre, price 200, quality 1)
(London, price 300, quality 1)
(LeHavre, price 200, quality 1)

The following restrictions are to be introduced for the resources from Independent suppliers (the approximate cancellation date is Feb. 15, 2011):

( Conakry, price 1, quality 1) - there’s a limit of 500 000

On Lien:

From Feb. 1:
( Shanghai, price 500, quality 1)
( Shanghai, price 1000, quality 1)
( Shanghai, price 1000, quality 1)
(Shanghai, price 50, quality 1)
(Shanghai, price 200, quality 1)
(Shanghai, price 300, quality 1)
(Shanghai, price 200, quality 1)
(Hanoi, price 5, quality 1) (there’s a limit of 500 000)

The following restrictions are to be introduced for the resources from Independent suppliers (the approximate cancellation date is Feb. 15, 2011):
(Almaty, price 1, quality 1) - there’s a limit of 500 000   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.02.2011, 17:20

bobleponge

hello

And now how to handle animal farms without high quality grain, as there are no more animals of quality 1 available???

or did I miss something? 

1.02.2011, 18:50

Ralf
Three years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Santa Claus boots MBA diploma
l:
KarstadtQuelle AG

bobleponge
hello
And now how to handle animal farms without high quality grain, as there are no more animals of quality 1 available???
or did I miss something?
Buy corn farm or breeding of animals as no more 2. 

1.02.2011, 21:37

bobleponge

Ralf
bobleponge
hello
or did I miss something?

yes ty. this I knew... but kind of boring....

Why is the new situation best? 

3.02.2011, 02:00

AleenaT
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
l:
AlTCorporation
m:
AleenaT Limited

Ralf

Hm, how to breed q2 cows if the lowest q available is over 3? 

3.02.2011, 12:13

Ralf
l:
KarstadtQuelle AG

We can always agree =) 

9.02.2011, 18:09

billum
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Billum BV

AleenaT
Ralf

Hm, how to breed q2 cows if the lowest q available is over 3?

Breeding a lower q of animals from higher quality takes some time. I am using a q1 farm and buy my own newborns to reduce the quality of the breeding cows. 

13.02.2011, 01:00

laurent77400
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Père Noël Tovlis babua Physics teacher "Point and shoot" Chewing gum Compass Compass
Festive glasses Festive glasses Festive glasses V sign V sign Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key
Triple corporate chevron
m:
L. International

The problem is :
1 -> Cows cost a lot of money to buy.
2 -> So we must produce our own cows.
3 -> But to produce cows, we need grain !
4 -> Grain cost too much money !
5 -> So we must produce our own grain.
6 -> But to produce grain, we must pay !!!

So, I you don't want to pay, you must pay cows a big price, it's not so cool !!! 

13.02.2011, 12:23

Ralf
l:
KarstadtQuelle AG

laurent77400
The problem is :
1 -> Cows cost a lot of money to buy.
2 -> So we must produce our own cows.
3 -> But to produce cows, we need grain !
4 -> Grain cost too much money !
5 -> So we must produce our own grain.
6 -> But to produce grain, we must pay !!!

So, I you don't want to pay, you must pay cows a big price, it's not so cool !!!

Looking for someone, for me personally, not much has changed .... Over time, the market will lower quality animals at affordable prices ..... Only patience patience .... 

22.02.2011, 18:48

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

This is going to impact the game severely. Now, players that needed cotton for their clothing factories won't be able to buy any at all. Othe suppliers are going to keep it to them selves to get a head start on this new product to hopefully be a leading giant. Now, are you suggesting that other player buy their own agricultural farms?

The way I see this, is a money making strategy for you guys. And a HUGE disadvantage to the players that don't spend large sums of money on this game. My factories use 2 million + cotton every day. How the hell am I supposed to keep my business going with no one supplying cotton? My entire empire runs on the clothing industry, and without cotton my company is useless.

Right now I can only wait and hope for someone to put cotton up for sale..

I'm not sure why you have decided to change all this. All I know is that it is crap. 

22.02.2011, 18:50

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

And not to mention, that if I want decent quality wool, I'll have to fork up 600 Million for just ONE sheep farm. Really. You guys are unbelievable. 

25.02.2011, 16:46

gemini_india

Indpendent suppliers should be provided for every material that is only produced from state owned enterprises. Most users do not have access to spices or oranges.

There are only 2 suppliers of spices on the realm mary.
There are no suppliers for rice on the realm lien.
Etc.

This is highly unfair to players who do not have enough funds to buy state owned enterprises. 
Gemini and Corp.

26.02.2011, 14:45

Arrigus

This is highly restrictive to new and smaller players.  At first I thought it would not affect the game much, but it has already affected my units and turned them completely unprofitable.  I had no choice but to put some up for sale and close some down, causing a ripple effect all through my units starting with farms, factories and finally stores.  The only way I can survive in the game is to become smaller and produce less items.  The big guys don't care they can just buy what ever they want, but it is all the new and smaller players starting out that will have a tough time with the game and leave.  

Having q1 grain and cotton with unlimited supply doesn't hurt the game and anyone who uses them has a hard time competing with the bigger players who have higher quality, gaining market share, winning virts, etc...  It's an easy way for new players to start off and experiment as to what works and what doesn't within the game.

If you want to actually make the game better, how about giving us the ability to organize our units by country, city, size, and item produced.  This would make things so much easier and make the game more fun.

Arrigus 

26.02.2011, 17:36

Arrigus

ooops, sorry meant to say livestock instead of grain. 

8.03.2011, 22:22

Tiara of the participant of Miss Virtonomics-2010 Maecenas of Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Ralf

Looking for someone, for me personally, not much has changed .... Over time, the market will lower quality animals at affordable prices ..... Only patience patience ....

I'm agree with Ralf.To wink Besides you can always address for the help - write to players - I think they will sell animals more cheaplyYes 

15.03.2011, 13:18

laurent77400
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Père Noël Tovlis babua Physics teacher "Point and shoot" Chewing gum Compass Compass
Festive glasses Festive glasses Festive glasses V sign V sign Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key
Triple corporate chevron
m:
L. International

Incredible !!!

Now, how can I buy q1 sheeps to produce my whool ?

The only sheeps we can buy are quality 4. And to feed q4 sheep the quality of grain we need is too expensive.
I just want q1 sheeps.

And another question :
If there is no more indépendants suppliers, it means that the number of sheeps in the game can not increase, it will be always the same, because you need sheep to produce sheep. So the price will always increase too, beacause sheeps will be very rare in a few time !!! 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Changes to the list of Independent Suppliers

• Page: