Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> How to earn points??

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 11.10.2010, 11:11

acer20
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

hi all,

I saw the name 'Virtonomics' and i became curious to try it just once. And after one month I can say that i am loving the game experience. But there is one or two points on which i need some clarification and guidance by older players, moderators, and admins :

1. HOW DO YOU EARN POINTS IN THIS GAME?? I saw some enterprises which can be purchased only by these game points?? How do you earn them?

2. I saw myself being in the Contest for managers and now I found myself in contest for directors. Are the players enrolled automatically in these contests?? If yes, how can one compete against people who are producing high value(in terms of value/product) such as jewelery etc.  I see i can't Not so  because i am producing only bread and other food items....

3. Last but not the least, I find very irritating that there is no information given about the prices of the enterprises. One has to labor about around the process of building a new one until the last step when it is shown. I find it a grave nuisance.

• Page:
Message list:  

11.10.2010, 12:39

JuleBCN

You can win points in contests: http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/common/main_page/income/rules/ ... and in some tenders. And yes, you're automatically registered in the Contests (this info can also be found in the link above). 

13.10.2010, 16:00

acer20
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Thanks to admin for replying to questions of a newbieWell but is there any way to convert the virtual money that we have(not virts.) to convert into points??

And is there a page in the game which can list the cost of establishment of all enterprises? I think it is much needed.

Also, if any veteran players can guide this newbie..... when do i diversify into other industries??
For now i am only producing bread, pasta and protein shakes only , which i find are earning me less than needed for contest for directors, the others earning many times over. Do i need to diversify right now?? Or should i raise production of existing items i am producing??? 

14.10.2010, 12:51

u0112277
Double corporate chevron Six years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition The best player of the qualification for the quarterly Industry Competition
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
KT Resource

acer20
Thanks to admin for replying to questions of a newbieWell but is there any way to convert the virtual money that we have(not virts.) to convert into points??
If I am not mistaken, there is no in-game tools that allows players to convert virtual money into points. Unless any players want to send virts to you as the compliments of helping them buying something on enterprise market/auction, which is rarely happen because players who have virts can turn it into billions by just selling 1 villa.  BTW if you have lots of money, you may visit the enterprise market and find some good store or warehouse deal(sell below assets) that can better your situation.

acer20
And is there a page in the game which can list the cost of establishment of all enterprises? I think it is much needed.
What is the specific reasons for the need of the cost of all enterprises? If you can not make enough profit to manage the company, you may try to find the new target market - use gameworld--->report and you should find the right place for  your products.  You may need to use the company report to see what your company is spending most on.

acer20
Also, if any veteran players can guide this newbie..... when do i diversify into other industries??
For now i am only producing bread, pasta and protein shakes only , which i find are earning me less than needed for contest for directors, the others earning many times over. Do i need to diversify right now?? Or should i raise production of existing items i am producing???
I assume you mean you are changing to new new and more profitable business?  You will need to build new factories, hire new employees....you need to spend more and more.  In fact anyone can grow by 1 product.
We just need to find the right market with low competition. Don't forget to do research because at the end of the day, quality matters. 

14.10.2010, 21:33

acer20

@ u0112277

Thanks for clearing some of my doubts
Unless any players want to send virts to you as the compliments of helping them buying something on enterprise market/auction

Is that possible? How can i help other players to buy something on enterprise market? Is there any other way besides purchase of points, winning tenders to get points. I recently got 1 point when i upgraded my office. Does players get more of those points. If so, i would like to save them to buy farmland(to grow silk), or a timber yard.

I am earning decent amount i think Well(revenue~ $4m and profit~ $ 1m) but i need to earn more if i want to win the CD.
I assume you mean you are changing to new new and more profitable business?  You will need to build new factories, hire new employees....you need to spend more and more.  In fact anyone can grow by 1 product.
We just need to find the right market with low competition. Don't forget to do research because at the end of the day, quality matters.

Yes but it is only due to my desire for better growth of my company. I have in fact located around 5 or 6 avenues which are looking bright to invest into. So, that is why i am eager to start new industries. That's where i feel the list of pricing to establish new industry comes in. Saves a bit of time to decide as one has to take into account product, product price, raw materials, promising markets, transports, taxes etc.

And as you have mentioned research i am a bit curious. Should i start right now or wait for my funds to go up to a particular amount, say $ 30 m or 40 m?? I have achieved level 7 in management and all my enterprises are at 100% eff. 

14.10.2010, 22:08

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

@ acer20 you should have played on Mary.

1. Mary has the Relief Fund for newbies
2. There are more opportunities for growth on Mary
3. More players = more competitions, which means more fun 

14.10.2010, 23:25

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Kh0i
@ acer20 you should have played on Mary.

1. Mary has the Relief Fund for newbies
2. There are more opportunities for growth on Mary
3. More players = more competitions, which means more fun
Yes 

15.10.2010, 12:58

acer20

@ Kh0i : Well, i have started on lien and I wish to make it goodWell. Besides playing on two realms will distract me, and growth will stagnate i think. So i am focusing on lien realm only. Who knows, may be i will be among the group that start the relief fund for newbies on lienVery we!

@ VLLord : I don't know how many times players have said you this but let me say once again - THANK YOUVery we!. Your advices and posts on forum have helped me a great deal to grow Yes. Do you have a blog or something, if yes could you put the links of your posts such as the one explaining the qualification, which was an eye-opener for me as it helped me to understand some of the game concepts if not all. It is information like these which makes game much more fun and enjoyable as well as educates on concepts of market and economics. Are you on lien too?? If yes I would like to learn more from you.
           Thanks for sharing your knowledge with others. 

15.10.2010, 16:19

Last time edited : 15.10.2010, 16:19

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

acer20
@ Kh0i : Well, i have started on lien and I wish to make it goodWell. Besides playing on two realms will distract me, and growth will stagnate i think. So i am focusing on lien realm only. Who knows, may be i will be among the group that start the relief fund for newbies on lienVery we!

@ VLLord : I don't know how many times players have said you this but let me say once again - THANK YOUVery we!. Your advices and posts on forum have helped me a great deal to grow Yes. Do you have a blog or something, if yes could you put the links of your posts such as the one explaining the qualification, which was an eye-opener for me as it helped me to understand some of the game concepts if not all. It is information like these which makes game much more fun and enjoyable as well as educates on concepts of market and economics. Are you on lien too?? If yes I would like to learn more from you.
           Thanks for sharing your knowledge with others.

- Do you have a blog
Not so Forum is enough=)
- Are you on lien too??
Not so
- If yes I would like to learn more from you.
You may ask any general questionsWell 

16.10.2010, 22:38

acer20

@ VLLord : Would you mind if i ask you some questions and doubts by sending a PM to you?? 

16.10.2010, 23:31

VLLord
m:
Golden Empire

acer20
@ VLLord : Would you mind if i ask you some questions and doubts by sending a PM to you??

VLLord
You may ask any general questionsWell
Yes 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> How to earn points??

• Page: