Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> need some insights

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 9.08.2010, 22:58

ogimini
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

I have a few questions, that i seem not to get a clear answer in the forum, other probably there are but dunno how acurrated is the info present at thsi time in the forum since game is developing fast.

Wages-.

Do you adjust salay or train?

In case you adjust salary u do it every turn?

How wages afect the waulity and the qtty output of the goods beeing made in case of the factorys?

Do you pay acroding to the city average or the tech requirement? And whats the big diferences?

Tech

Do researh or buy techs?

Game options

Options like busines parteners and others, are not available, or are ony available to paying gamers?

Advertising.

Do you use it or not?

If yes, witch is the best way to do?
´
And it wil only inbcrease ur own products brand right?

How long and how much cost to raise a point in brand rate?

Equipement.

How does the qwuality of teh equiupemte afects qality and output in a factary?

And in the other tupe of units?

Ty and hope to get some juice answers

• Page:
Message list:  

16.08.2010, 16:03

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

1. Adjust salary until it gets high, then train so you can reduce the salary to a decent level.

3. As long as wage level is high enough to get staff qualification to required level any higher will make no difference.

Tech

Buy techs if you think it is worthwhile and you can afford it. You should also get a couple of labs researching once you get a bit of cash behind you.

Game options

Business partners must be made via communication with other players. PM's or a thread on the forum are a good place to start.

Advertising

1 & 2. Yes, always spend less than you earn. This means you should start off small and build up.

3. Office advertising increases branding on your products, Store advertising increases reputation and attracts more shoppers.

4. Brand growth varies with the population in the city you advertise in. It is safe to ignore office advertising for a while, store advertising is much more beneficial - especially in the early stages of the game.

Equipment

1. If quality is below what is required your output will suffer. Equipment quality above what is required will make no difference but can make it cheaper to upgrade later. The only downside to this is high quality equipment will have a higher staff qualification requirement.

2. All production buildings will have the same effects (farms, mines, etc).
Labs with lower than required equipment will need longer to research than labs with required equipment quality. 

24.08.2010, 04:07

ogimini
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

Ty for the answers

i think imade teh mistake of selling my labs.. but as techs are not available i need to invent themNot so

do i need to invent all of the lacking ones in a product or i just start after the higest one i have?

Is it a goiod idea to sell the ones lower that i own becouse i dont need it?

So business parteners isnt realy a game feature right? Juts becouse i see a button on some buildings... 

24.08.2010, 23:19

Last time edited : 25.08.2010, 07:08

RockWhiter
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You don´t need to invent all the previous technologies and you can start with the one you bought. But the wiki says that:
"Research speed depends on the following items: is the technology world-wide known? is it available for sale? what about the previous technological level? how did you get this technolgy - purchased or invented? what about your "Science research" qualification level?"

So your speed is affected by the tech you already self-invented. I don't think anyone made an analysis of the influence of those factors on the research speed; I would say it's up to you.

To have a better idea I invented 7 levels of tech (outwear, from 2 to 8) in 79 weeks.
But for my pig farms I began researching from lvl 4. In comparison:
I invented tech lvl 4, 5, 6, 7 of outwear factory in: 44 weeks
I invented tech lvl 4, 5, 6, 7 of pig farms in: 56 weeks (the difference is bigger for lvl 4 than for lvl 7)

Nevertheless self-invented lvl of tech are not the only factor on the speed.

Concerning the sale of tech, they are immaterial so the difference with a good (material) is that you are going to "share" your knowledge, no giving it away. That means that you are keeping your tech when you sold it and as long as it is on the market and that someone wants to buy it, you can sell it (at my lvl, I sold some tech 13 times). 

26.08.2010, 13:12

Biesas
Eight years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Biesas Limited

i keep tech, lab and do some researsh, but 70% i buying. don't wanna sell this, maybe in future this will be usable.
i am noob in this game, but i think adverticening is a good choise, spend there big money and you will get huge reward, how fast this depend from market (here i talk about stores adverticening). and this is very usefull option in director contest. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> need some insights

• Page: