Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> qualification thing

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 14.07.2010, 12:30

rachini
Eleven years with Virtonomics

hello , i am just a new guy trying to make a living in the world of gigantic companies ,

i am running a bakery in Ankara/turkey and in the employees section it says:
"Qualification of employees   4.83 (city average 4.20, required according to the technology 3.63)"

my question is ,after excepting my rich uncle gift of mill/bakery/office/store , is , what does the qualification of the starting employees depend if im hiring from scratch , whats that about the city average and does it change and what does it depend on , i want to know about that last section of  "required according to the technology 3.63" , i thought there were only 2 qualifications , 1 for my employees and the other one for the city average.

thanks all for your anticipated answers Very we!.   

• Page:
Message list:  

14.07.2010, 17:53

Last time edited : 14.07.2010, 17:54

bucew
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Three years with Virtonomics

"required according to the technology 3.63"

the bigger tech lvl in your company, more qualified workers and machinery you need.

City average is education lvl in that city and represents what you get for default salary in that city. Increasing salary increases quality of workers, decreasing it decreases it Very we!

" what does the qualification of the starting employees depend if im hiring from scratch"

depends on city average. 

14.07.2010, 19:00

Buzerius
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

The required employee qualification is determined by your machine qualification (I had some crazy requirements when I had low tech level, but very high quality machines). Of course, the required machine qualification depends on your tech level, but you can go over it to increase the production volume (this is especially useful in offices to increase advertising volume). 

14.07.2010, 20:03

RockWhiter
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

One comment: you can lower a bit the salaries of your employees to spend a little less, especially at the beginning. They only require a qualification of 3.63. If you want to have a security merge you can lower the salaries for your employees to be at 3.83 for instance.

If you hire new employees, they are going to have the same qualification than your actual people as you are going to offer them the same salary, unless you train your workers: in this case the workers will have a higher qualification for the same salary and hiring new employees will decrease the overall qualification, i.e. you will have employees with Q 4.00 for 200$ (trained) but you will hire employees of Q 3.50 for 200$ (not trained) => you would have 100 employees of Q 3.75. 

18.07.2010, 02:15

rachini
Eleven years with Virtonomics

thats cool guys , thanks for the comments and for the notices there . really helped .

i got another question,
if i got high qualification employees , would that be a problem to my manager ? does he need more qualification to sustain numerous high quality employees , would that lower efficiency ?

thanks again. 

18.07.2010, 07:58

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

rachini
thats cool guys , thanks for the comments and for the notices there . really helped .

i got another question,
if i got high qualification employees , would that be a problem to my manager ? does he need more qualification to sustain numerous high quality employees , would that lower efficiency ?

thanks again.

Employees with higher qualification require higher qualification of top manager. If your qualification is enough, then no problem, other way efficiency of your subdivision will go down. Here are some useful tables. 

19.07.2010, 10:00

Last time edited : 19.07.2010, 10:07

rachini1

thanks VLLlord  , i couldnt understand the instructions very well. i think i need a table for stores , as i dont have any factories. yep thats it Very we! 

19.07.2010, 19:33

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

rachini1
thanks VLLlord  , i couldnt understand the instructions very well. i think i need a table for stores , as i dont have any factories. yep thats it Very we!

check out post from noglues5.  http://virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/13/topic/101016/view ...
there is also VLLord's  table http://virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/13/topic/100146/view ...  

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> qualification thing

• Page: