Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> What Do I Do in the First Few Turns?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 12.07.2010, 10:28

jklunder

Hi Guys,

I've had to restart twice now.  I can't seem to understand how this game goes.

My first turn, everything is 0% efficiency.  Then, the next turn, it goes to 100% efficiency.  If I try to train my workers, research, etc. my revenues actually go down.

Does anyone have a list of essential things I must do to get my business going in the first few turns?

On the other hand, will it run itself?

I know that I get special privileges my first few turns.  Therefore, I wouldn't want to squander it?

Thanks for the advice,

Joe Klunder   

• Page:
Message list:  

12.07.2010, 10:46

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

Your company should be retail focused at the beginning.
Advertise your store(s), buy some cheap products to sell. http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2592525 ...

If you want to be manufacturing focused then visit the Relief Fund for Producers. http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/12/topic/100495/view ...

Need more help? Be my partner, I need many new companies to manufacture raw materials. 

12.07.2010, 14:24

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

jklunder

Does anyone have a list of essential things I must do to get my business going in the first few turns?

Strive for 100% efficiency in all subdivisions. After you have made a change to your subdivision (hiring more workers etc.), click "Work Efficiency" link to see a forecast of its efficiency. The link updates every 15 minutes or so.

And then follow Kh0i's and my advice I posted earlier and do some retails. 

12.07.2010, 19:34

RockWhiter
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi jklunder!

The first days are not the easy ones.
Try not to invest too much at the beginning, for instance you don't need to train your workers for the moment. Just adjust the salaries to meet the requirements.

Concerning your factory, try to find a steady supplier, or look at the 2nd link given by Khoi and it will work alone. If you want to expand it, check the link and ask to have access to the equipment of the Relief Fund, it is cheap and with good quality. Production gives you a regular income everyday.

Concerning your stores, you're going to need to check the prices and the suppliers everyday, especially at the beginning. If you advertise, begin with press if your revenues are low, and change to outdoor as soon as you have enough profit.

I was looking at the clothing market in your region: it is not really bright... I don't know if you could find good supplies but the average prices for the products are not really high: it can be difficult for you to find cheap supplies or to make any profit... If you have access to clothes, I would suggest to look at the report (Game Word>Reports) and find a city where the prices are higher. You would have to open a new office and a new store (there is no good city in your area).

If you have problem finding suppliers for the food, I don't have a big production myself but I can help one store with cakes, eggs and meat. They are not specially cheap but at least this is something. PM me if you want some.

As said in another thread, doing the quests is a good way to earn some qualification and money. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> What Do I Do in the First Few Turns?

• Page: