Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Confused: How Do I Get Started

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 9.07.2010, 11:48

jklunder

Hi Guys,

I'm still a little frustrated, as it's not clear to me how to begin mastering this game.

I got my gift from my rich uncle (one million dollars in cash and a sausage factory).

What do I do now?

Should I research?  Should I hire more employees?  How do I start earning money?  Etc.

I've looked at the video tutorials; however, they don't seem that helpful.

Thanks for the consideration,

Joe   

• Page:
Message list:  

9.07.2010, 14:35

Last time edited : 9.07.2010, 20:37

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hello. I advice you to keep selling food and grocery items in your stores. Find stable supplies for them, and gave them a good price taking into consideration of local market condition. They should start generating steady income very soon.

Tip: There are two ways you can find the market reports on retail goods.
1, From the navigation bar at top, go to "Game world" > "Reports", and specify the city and goods
2, Under the "Trade Hall" tab in your stores, click the item icon to check the local reports for this product.

As you just started, completing the 1st level quests should be a top priority, as they reward you much needed cash. Check the quests from the navigation bar at top, "Company" > "Quests". Do remember you can only start a quest twice, so try to do "mock" quests first (meeting quest requirements without actually starting them) before you actually start them.

You have a lab so it is wise to start a research project. When you start you can only do research projects of technology level 2. Choosing an appropriate project to research involves some investigation and planning work, it's best not to be overwhelmed with it yet. For now just pick a project for factories that make electronics, or research level 2 tech for your own sausage factory.

Unless it's a store, always hire the required number of employees with required level of qualification. The game uses a Qualification and Efficiency system to discourage/punish over-expansion. So until you have a vague idea of how the system works, better to be conservative when it comes to expanding/hiring more staff.

PS: Please post your questions on the FAQ forum 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Confused: How Do I Get Started

• Page: