Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> The cancellation of VIRTs purchasing and other changes to the system of contests

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 30.06.2010, 14:00

Last time edited : 15.10.2010, 15:34

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

The following changes come into force starting from July, 1, 2010:

1. In connection with the program of minimizing of financial and juridical risks the Administration of Virtonomics will not any longer directly buy VIRTs from the players. You will only be able to transfer VIRTs between players and use them to create a trade account on FOREX CLUB.
Our responsibilities in connection with the purchase of June’s applications will be completed.

2. The monthly drawing of 1000 VIRTs among game points buyers is cancelled. There is only the daily drawing left.

3. The prize of the Contest for Directors and the Contest for Presidents has been reduced. The prize of the weekly CD will count 150 points: 5 nominations with the prize of 30 points (18 – first place, 9 – second place, 3 – third place). The main prize of the CP will count 300 VIRTs. However, the total prize of the CPs starting on July, 6, 2010 will not be changed.

4. The launch of new contests for managers, directors and presidents on Anna has been temporarily cancelled.   

• Page:
Message list:  

2.07.2010, 00:58

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

Lilita_Lilita: glad to see you hereWell 

2.07.2010, 04:05

Axaria
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

So, no changes to the changes then? Shame that.

Just rendered the contest useless, I wasn't going to pull any $ out of the game anyway but the challenge isn't all that sweet anymore. Not that the top prize of 150V is that top either, one just gets the 18V regardless of the number of categories one wins at, no? That's what happened to the CM anyway.

The next batch won't even be able to buy a Sawmill for their dusty starter furniture factories.

I spent more money on this game then the prize for excellence is worth. You tell me if it's worth the investment, you made a business game after all Well

Please eliminate me from the CD, don't want any part in it. 

2.07.2010, 20:21

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Good changes except the reduction in contest prizes.

I think it's a good idea to give contests a big prize and there will be people willing to pay for resource to compete. That should help financially. But if we are talking about Virto team making steady money, contests are only a part of a bigger picture. Having a really solid business model is most important.

There are micro-transaction based webgames that are making crazy money. As much as they are "shallow" in itself (theme, depth, etc.), their marketing department is definitely not pushovers. I really hope the Virto team can take a few lessons from these games, and hire an experienced, professional webgame marketing team to help bring this game to another level.

This game, by its nature, SHOULD attract aspiring business students, professionals and owners, who are capable and willing to spend. I wish Virto can really be what it could be. Let's hope.Well 

5.07.2010, 19:12

Last time edited : 5.07.2010, 19:12

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Well, now that you can "win" a lot less virts, the prices of some in-game assets became even more ridiculous. I mean come on, virtual game assets for $1000 ??? Not even Second Life knows such things Very we! As I said before, there is a small amount of players who really pay a 4-digit number to buy assets in this game, but I'd much rather prefer a subscription model though where you buy game assets for virtual money and the virto people earn through the masses. Only 200 subscribers who pay $5 are $1000 as well and that on a constant basis. The only reason I am not playing the subscription realm is because it has almost no active players and is therefore boring to play and I don't think people don't sign up there because it's subscription based, they don't sign up because they want to play on a populated and active realm like me. 

6.07.2010, 03:37

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Chris, they tried the subscription model before both of us signed up, check the archive forum, and that righteously killed a lot of companies, and the long established companies here are those who stuck through this period. That and that there are a lot fewer contests on Mary, it is harder to get precious game points without paying for it.

My suggestion is that increase tenders, but instead of virts, make them points. That way, they cannot be transferred, infer competition among players to keep them active by producing HQ goods, and is a way to get game points without paying for it. That is the same as the no cashing out policy. 

6.07.2010, 04:00

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

I think that many players are willing to buy virtual assets for actual money if and only if they can use those assets to directly compete for game points or Virts. I've spent almost 500 game points on Sawmills but I can't directly use it to compete for any Virts so far. There is no bonuses for being the number 1 producer in Woods or any other assets that require actual money to purchase it. It is hard to buy into the current game model, where one might spend $2000 to buy 50 Sawmills and expect no reward for it.

I really hope that admins and/or the creator(s) are reading all of our comments. The best critics are those that care. We do care! 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> The cancellation of VIRTs purchasing and other changes to the system of contests

• Page: