Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Need +1 management !!

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 24.06.2010, 02:47

runelynx
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I just got a mail saying I wont get any prizes in the contest for managers since my management skill is only 9 and it requires 10. Of course its very nice that they point this out to me in the contest rules which are in a section I would never otherwise look at with 24hrs left to go and I rank #1 in 3 of 5 nominations.

I am .10 into lvl 9 of management and it wont even let me use points to upgrade now.

Any thoughts on how to get management up in 1 game turn?   

• Page:
Message list:  

24.06.2010, 02:49

runelynx
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Just to be sure Im not crazy, I just checked under Game World > COntests and verified that no contest "rules" are given anywhere....    admins, it might be nice for this to be covered since this is where people go to check the contest status and not under My Earnings......    otherwise it seems a little shady. 

24.06.2010, 02:57

Last time edited : 24.06.2010, 03:04

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

As I said in another thread:

Also, to anyone who is participating in Contest for Managers: Have a few points ready! You may not be able to get 10 levels in time. (Some say it's close to impossible unless you have near perfect settings from get-go)

You can buy the points or do some surveys/registrations in "Sponsor Pays" program to get some points: http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/user/privat/persondata/payment/plan ...

It takes about 5 minutes to do enough surveys from 3rd party sponsor sites and get a few points. I hope you can get them in time.Here 

24.06.2010, 05:44

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Do it now, next turn is to late and you will miss 18 virts ~ gamepoints it will cost you 2 points to upgrade 

FOOD and GROCERY DEPARTEMENT SUPPLIES AVAILABLE !!!

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2573983
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556745 http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556744
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2576270

24.06.2010, 06:59

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

contest rules

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/common/main_page/income/rules/ ...

or, as pointed out, my earnings->contest rules.

runelynx

I am .10 into lvl 9 of management and it wont even let me use points to upgrade now.

Any thoughts on how to get management up in 1 game turn?

you need 2 points for each level from levels 10 to 19, 1 point from 1 to 9

as suggested, do some sponsor ads soon.  prizes are now in points, not virts.  if you don't get management 10, you'll still 'win' and get the awards, just not the prizes.

good luck 

24.06.2010, 22:02

runelynx

Tsang, I realize that now... but that is not clear until the day before the contest expires! It would be nice for a courtesy mail up-front letting new players know they should go there and review the rules.
OR put the rules together with the contest rankings so its obvious. It's just a suggestion from a new player... do with it as you wish.

Luckily I got another game point by placing furniture... so I put mgmt to 10.  My contest says:

Approximate real date of the contest completion: 25 June 2010

So I should still have time, right??? It's tonight's update that closes my contests? Top of the class in 3 of 5!! Whoohooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PS buy my milk (: 

25.06.2010, 01:02

Rejax

You could have given me the top in brand marketing, then both of us will be top in 2 of 5 Well 

25.06.2010, 01:54

runelynx

You'll still get top points for that contest I think... as long as it gives me first prize in one of my other 2 categories, per the rule:

9.A player can only get one prize in points. In case he/she wins in two or more nominations the player gets the biggest prize; as for the left points, they are returned to the budget. However, in this case the player is awarded with all badges he/she has won; 

25.06.2010, 10:33

Last time edited : 25.06.2010, 10:34

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

runelynx
Tsang, I realize that now... but that is not clear until the day before the contest expires! It would be nice for a courtesy mail up-front letting new players know they should go there and review the rules.
OR put the rules together with the contest rankings so its obvious. It's just a suggestion from a new player... do with it as you wish.

Luckily I got another game point by placing furniture... so I put mgmt to 10.  My contest says:

Approximate real date of the contest completion: 25 June 2010

So I should still have time, right??? It's tonight's update that closes my contests? Top of the class in 3 of 5!! Whoohooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PS buy my milk (:
runelynx  if you are referring to my role as moderator, we are just players like anyone else with some extra buttons to move threads, etc.  we just help with the forum when we can.

you can certainly put a suggestion up in the suggestion thread that may help new future players.  i did have enough Q (just) for my CM in Lien, so didn't get a pm and don't know if that is new feature to at least remind you before it's too late.

re CM:  notice you already have 3 badges for the CM, so it's finished today.  just checked the winner's list and you have your 18 points.  congrats Well  Rejax missed out, unfortunately 

25.06.2010, 12:28

Rejax

I only got 9 points, so I take it that the rules does not filter out players who did not reach lvl 10 Management when deciding the winner of the nominations.

How is best to use my 9 points? 

25.06.2010, 18:22

noglues5
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Eleven years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Overall of the doctor of science Magical bonsai Laboratory assistant’s overall
Eleven years with Virtonomics
l:
Wave company
m:
Wave company

ccm_tsang
runelynx  if you are referring to my role as moderator, we are just players like anyone else with some extra buttons to move threads, etc.  we just help with the forum when we can.
Never could understand why people muddle up the moderators with the adminsCheerfully

Rejax
If you ask this, it is best to do nothingWell
Wait though, would be up to the first billion in your assets. To that time you will already know how to use them best wayYes 

26.06.2010, 00:26

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Rejax
I only got 9 points, so I take it that the rules does not filter out players who did not reach lvl 10 Management when deciding the winner of the nominations.

Best to buy a banner to make a ad for your comapny and put it in your signature, it really helps.

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/101101/view ...  

26.06.2010, 08:57

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

How can people buy a banner with points? Points can't be transferred between accounts.

@Rejax - The winners of nominations are the ones with highest ranking, management qualification only has a bearing on the prize. Under 10 you get the award badges, 10 or over you get the award badges and points.

I agree with noglues5. Don't look for something to spend your points on, wait until you find something you want that needs points. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Need +1 management !!

• Page: