Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Changes to the local suppliers' behavior and a surprise for Anna

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 19.06.2010, 01:27

Last time edited : 15.10.2010, 15:34

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

* there are new rules to the game, boys…

During the update from Tuesday to Wednesday, June 22-23, 2010, the locals of Virtonomics are going to start behaving in a little different way. There are also going to be applied some changes to the Anna realm.

On all realms the algorithm of changing the quality of goods from local suppliers will be changed. From now on on highly marginal markets the quality of local suppliers will grow faster than it used to grow. I have to add that there aren’t too many of such markets (the volume of retail trade in the city there is multiply higher than basic numbers (the product of the market volume in real terms and the price by local suppliers)). Accordingly, from 7208 markets on Vera the hot ones (where the trade volume is 5 times higher than average) count just 127 (the absolute leader is Düsseldorf: the excess for the trade of water scooters there is 9,6), other such markets (but not that intense, higher than 2 basic turnovers) count 1025 more, on Olga – from 6930 markets there are 33 hot markets and 790 intense markets; for Anna the numbers are 12556 / 27 / 187, for Mary – 7245 / 9 / 51, Lien – 9472 / 0 / 0.

For Anna we’ve also prepared a number of surprises.
First of all, next Tuesday independent suppliers will be abolished completely and for all types of goods. It might not influence the market of mining (the level of consuming of independent resources is not higher than 1%, except for Iron ore (5,5%) and Diamonds (7,3%)), still the agricultural market will face significant changes: the part of consuming (for production and retail trade) of independent Grapes – 87%, Grain – 72%, Cacao – 55%, Sugar – 73%, Flowers – 72%.

Computers are going to be the most sensitive to the changes. The number of purchased items here exceeds the number of items sold on the retail market: 106%, not taking into account the 25% of the retail trade which are made up by what players produce. Independent Equipment and Animals are not on high demand.

The part of wood from independent suppliers is not much higher than 15%, which is why this market is not going to face any breakdowns.

The second novelty is the change of the factor of influence on the top manager in the sphere of Production and Extraction. Let’s say for every enterprise working in Production the coefficient becomes 2 times lower, while for enterprises working in Extraction it’s going to become two times higher. Thus, the prospect of the top manager in production is better, and you’ll be able to load the top for increasing the qualification in Extraction without extra mining.

The third piece of news are the auctions which are due next Thursday, on June, 24: the auctions of agricultural holdings and mines of the quality higher than basic (3). The detailed list of lots is to be published before the launch of the auction.

And, finally, there is going to be held an auction of subscriptions for Anna with the use of the Virtonomics money,  which is due on Vera, Olga, Mary and Lien on the same day (June, 24).   

• Page:
Message list:  

19.06.2010, 02:44

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Diska, or if anyone can clarify, by hot and intense, I still don't get it. Is it where markets have completely taken over by players and local suppliers have no say, such that local suppliers raise quality faster, or AAA type markets? 

19.06.2010, 02:50

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

To be honest I have no idea what this is saying! haha. 
Check out this video! We made it for our physics project!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mmcZIpSgA

-globeballa

19.06.2010, 03:18

msmth82

With the independent suppliers vanishing, this would be a great time for someone with lots of cash to stock up huge stockpiles of those items that will become hard to get to help with the transition from independent suppliers to normal player run companies. For grain, I'd be willing to pay double or even triple ( or even more? ) of what the independent suppliers are charging, since there really isn't anything else to buy, so it shouldn't be that hard to make a nice profit 

19.06.2010, 05:01

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Independant suppliers gone? I really hope you can easily get farms and mines without real money on this realm or I forecast its death ;) 

19.06.2010, 05:59

Last time edited : 19.06.2010, 06:28

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I think its a little bit premature to remove the agricultural suppiers, but well, we will see.

I wonder whether we can push up independent suppliers marketshare over 99% or 99,9% temporarily Cheerfully

p.s. Hello Anna, fancy a chit-chat? Cheerfully

p.s.2 Just did some number-cruching and turned out that I need a little bit more farm than all the people have altogether except Craminu on Mary. And its just my grain need for my livestock. Tears
I need about 2K VIRTs for it for Q1. Part of it missing, like the whole part, except 100 I roll! 

19.06.2010, 07:57

Last time edited : 19.06.2010, 08:24

yuga_ninjie
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Belgian chevron Waffle iron Dentist Sandalwood Baobab Sakura Oak
Maple Cedar Elm King of the Fields Golden hook Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Bachelor of Virtonomics MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall
l:
Yuga_ninjie Ltd.
m:
Onion Corporation

Oh my removing independent supplier specially in agriculture will have a great impact in animal farms. (Thus, Mary realms included in abolishment of independent supplier or in Vera realm only?)

I think I like the changes that's going to happen... Very we! 

19.06.2010, 09:05

Last time edited : 19.06.2010, 09:07

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

Hmm so what is the criteria to determine a market as "Hot" or "Intense"?

Also are you guys above talking about independent suppliers on Mary being gone? I don't see it in the top post. Diska only mentioned removal of indies on Anna? It is surprised 

19.06.2010, 10:56

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

please clarify that all 4 novelties only apply to the Anna realm:

For Anna we’ve also prepared a number of surprises.
First of all, next Tuesday independent suppliers will be abolished completely and for all types of goods.

The second novelty is the change of the factor of influence on the top manager in the sphere of Production and Extraction.

The third piece of news are the auctions which are due next Thursday, on June, 24: the auctions of agricultural holdings and mines of the quality higher than basic (3).

And, finally, there is going to be held an auction of subscriptions for Anna with the use of the Virtonomics money,  which is due on Vera, Olga, Mary and Lien on the same day (June, 24).  

so Mary and Lien will not have the top manager change for production and extraction, and retain independent suppliers (for now)

and, if we can live without ind suppliers in Anna, we can subscribe to Anna using virto money on June 24... 

19.06.2010, 11:38

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I think the 4 novelties apply to Anna, but given the fewer amount of players, it wouldn't be as major as something, say, happening on Mary, in which will pretty much implode the foodstuff sector, given that there is a severe reliance on grain for animals, and other items such as minerals and computers. I mean, the amount of grain I go through in a day will require the second smallest farm's production in a single day. Not to mention the amount of sugar, grapes, clay, iron ore, coal and cocao I burn through in a single turn. 

19.06.2010, 12:26

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

No offense Disk but you guys seriously need some english translators. Not just people putting it into english words, but getting the meaning right as a fluent english understander who can explain this stuff so that people can actually understand it. This is a very common complaint in the game and forums as you know. I cant understand what you mean here either like anyone else. This is common in almost every aspect of the game communication be it game laws to tenders to admin posts etc.

Maybe you guys can get a FREE person here one of the game guys to translate this and post it. I have suggested to do this a couple times, however I was just scoffed at by the admin who responded and nothing was done, so the same problem occurs again and again. I am sure a Chrisberlin or Fractal or VLLord could help out with this as well. All very nice, and diplomatic good guys.

"From now on on highly marginal markets the quality of local suppliers will grow faster than it used to grow."
Q1: What is a marginal market???? What does this mean?? What isnt a marginal market?
Q2: What have you done to ensure that this creates a level playing field for new players? If you raise the quality in a market and there isnt a market for new players in that city, you basically kill it for them, they can not compete or even sell there.

(the volume of retail trade in the city there is multiply higher than basic numbers)
Q3: What are the basic numbers?

(the product of the market volume in real terms and the price by local suppliers))
- This has no meaning at all, is not attached to anything, and is therefore just totally confusing and baseless, can you fix this please?

"Accordingly, from 7208 markets on Vera the hot ones (where the trade volume is 5 times higher than average) count just 127 (the absolute leader is Düsseldorf: the excess for the trade of water scooters there is 9,6), other such markets (but not that intense, higher than 2 basic turnovers) count 1025 more, on Olga – from 6930 markets there are 33 hot markets and 790 intense markets; for Anna the numbers are 12556 / 27 / 187, for Mary – 7245 / 9 / 51, Lien – 9472 / 0 / 0."

This one actually makes sense to me, but is not explained very well at all. Here is a proper english translation, to give you an example:

- We are going to adjust the in game retail markets a bit. We will increase the rate at which local suppliers quality grows. We will do this in "Hot" markets and "Medium" markets.
a "Hot market" is one which the trade volume is 5 times higher than average.
a "Medium market" is one which has trade volume twice as high as average.

(Diska you need to tell people what the average is, cause we dont know and cant tell so this info is useless without it)

"Computers are going to be the most sensitive to the changes. The number of purchased items here exceeds the number of items sold on the retail market: 106%, not taking into account the 25% of the retail trade which are made up by what players produce. Independent Equipment and Animals are not on high demand."

Q4: What does this mean?? It doesn't really say anything. Doesn't explain or say anything about change. Is SEEms to say that people buy 106 computers to every one they sell in stores but this is not explained so we are just all left hanging wondering with nothing to go on here. Can you explain this??

"The second novelty is the change of the factor of influence on the top manager in the sphere of Production and Extraction. Let’s say for every enterprise working in Production the coefficient becomes 2 times lower, while for enterprises working in Extraction it’s going to become two times higher. Thus, the prospect of the top manager in production is better, and you’ll be able to load the top for increasing the qualification in Extraction without extra mining."

- This SEEms to say that the Top Manager efficiency will give less production penalty when it is low. But is it saying this? Its not very clear at all. If so, this is a good change and will make the game better reflect reality.

"The third piece of news are the auctions which are due next Thursday, on June, 24: the auctions of agricultural holdings and mines of the quality higher than basic (3). The detailed list of lots is to be published before the launch of the auction."

Q6: Are there regular auctions scheduled for the game? Does Virto just donate a few enterprises here and auction them off? How is this fair to ANYone outside the top ten who will never have the 5-30 Billion in cash it takes to buy one of these? There should be auction catagories maybe introduced for at least SOME of the auctions so that someone outside of the top ten has a chance in shows hell at buying a resource eh? ;) Right now how it is they are just freebie gifts to the top ten only as you know. If this is what you want can you guys at least say so and advertise them as such? Maybe you can say this = "State enterprise auctions (Typically only affordable by the top ten only) A gift by the admins to the top ten asset pool"

I will be in the top ten in a month or two months time and probably wont complain much then, but to have every single state enterprise go only to the top ten seems well, very unfair to say the least. Can you comment on this? 

19.06.2010, 13:54

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

ccm_tsang
please clarify that all 4 novelties only apply to the Anna realm:

Hope this is going to happen on Mary too !!! Stocking my money for it To wink 

FOOD and GROCERY DEPARTEMENT SUPPLIES AVAILABLE: PM ME !!!

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2573983 ... http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556745 ... http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2556744 ...
http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/unit/view/2576270

19.06.2010, 15:36

warfreak

Honorchamp, you know, being concise is golden. Even I got bored at the second paragraph. Short and sweet. 

19.06.2010, 16:04

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

I think this novelties are for Anna only...as far as I understand what is written 

19.06.2010, 18:22

Last time edited : 20.06.2010, 02:24

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

The first post is clear... the change for independant suppliers is only(!) for Anna. I am not playing on Anna, but I was reading the first post including the market share independant suppliers have on that realm and in my opinion this realm is dead with this change unless you can get farms and mining easily without game points. I know there are very few people here who spent hundreads of dollars of real money to buy mines and farms (I spent a few hundread myself) but to come up even with only the current supply people would need to invest 100k of real money to buy enough mines and farms and I highly doubt this is going to happen... at least I am not that rich, haha, or I wouldn't spent my time playing computer games but instead sit in my whirl-pool and chill.

In my opinion the way the system is on Mary now is good, so I hope we will never see independant suppliers gone there. You can get only Q1 from independants, so if you want better quality you have to invest money anyway or play on the subscription realm.

A question to the people playing on Anna, what are the possibilities to get mines and farms there?

I will be in the top ten in a month or two months time and probably wont complain much then, but to have every single state enterprise go only to the top ten seems well, very unfair to say the least. Can you comment on this?

The richer become richer and the poorer become poorer. That's real life. In a computer game programmers have the means to change this, but it doesn't seem to be happening here. All I'm saying is, I wish I could change the world, but they won't give me the source code... 

19.06.2010, 19:40

msmth82

ChrisBerlin82

A question to the people playing on Anna, what are the possibilities to get mines and farms there?

I haven't had a chance to build a farm/mine/plantation yet on Anna since they are very expensive ( eg. $48,000,000 for the smallest farm and 4.8 billion for the largest ), but it appears like you can build as many of those subdivisions as you want, just like you'd build any other subdivision. The way I understand it on Anna, you just have to use game points ( RL money ) to pay your subscription fee, but then after you've done that, everything else can be bought using in-game money that your subdivisions generate.

So as long as the players on Anna have built up enough cash reserves to build *lots* of farms/plantations/mines very quickly, there shouldn't be much of a problem with the independent suppliers disappearing. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Changes to the local suppliers' behavior and a surprise for Anna

• Page: