Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Tender winning conditions

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 26.12.2009, 06:02

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

It seems a few people think the best way to win tenders is by severely undercutting the city average price while selling goods far above the average quality and/or brand.

Tenders should stimulate the market, not crash it.

That is why I'd like to see some conditions applied to tenders.
I think we definately need a minimum sale price (even if it is 5-10% below average).

I feel it is a little unfair that people crash markets in the 7 days that tenders run for, when other players have spent time researching the promising under-utilised markets then spend even more time developing the market.   

• Page:
Message list:  

26.12.2009, 07:56

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

agree with Fractal (often do, so it seems).  it's unfair for players who didn't enter the tender contests either because they haven't the entry management Q or the required Q for getting the prices even if they do win.

tenders, as Factal said, should stimulate the market.

also think it's crazy that we need management Q5 to enter, but Q10 to get the price.  i've stopped even looking at the tenders til i get Q10 in management. 

26.12.2009, 10:54

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

ccm_tsang

also think it's crazy that we need management Q5 to enter, but Q10 to get the price.  i've stopped even looking at the tenders til i get Q10 in management.

i also think this is stupid rule but this is it 

26.12.2009, 11:21

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

correction re the tender rules - it now says
"To register you need the Management qualification equal to or higher than 10 (not considering awarded bonuses)"

so it is no longer crazy or stupid.  but, not to take away Fractal's original point:

Fractal
It seems a few people think the best way to win tenders is by severely undercutting the city average price while selling goods far above the average quality and/or brand.

Tenders should stimulate the market, not crash it.

That is why I'd like to see some conditions applied to tenders.
I think we definately need a minimum sale price (even if it is 5-10% below average).

I feel it is a little unfair that people crash markets in the 7 days that tenders run for, when other players have spent time researching the promising under-utilised markets then spend even more time developing the market.

it should be necessary to have some minimum sale price so the whole market where tenders are carried out do not suddenly crash.  

some of us with lower than Q10 management do not even look at the tenders, and are clueless when sales and avg prices suddenly plummet.

please, Admin, re-consider and revise the tender rules just like you have for the entry requirement. 

26.12.2009, 14:55

Last time edited : 26.12.2009, 14:56

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

I do not know what more i could say, afterall Price Cap 5%-10% is good.

About that Entry Requirement..... That really make us having to climb a Tall Mountain, which it seems un-reachable.

Yea, i think its kind of unfair. A player participate in the same contest for Manager with me is having a Snowman and I don't even stand a chance to smell it Not so 2bad 

27.12.2009, 11:40

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

If there isn't some sort of change I can't see myself playing the game much longer.

Games should be about fun and enjoyment, this new tender system sacrifices that for greed.

I enjoy looking through the reports and finding opportunities for real growth in markets, but other players have managed to completely destroy markets I have been working on for months in just a day or two. It is taking everything I like about the game and turning it on its head.

I know it is an online game and we have to deal with other players and their actions but this is just ridiculous.

I'm sure the tender system is a great thing in other ways, I've noticed many more players and I'm sure there are more points being purchased. I don't want to see it gone, I just want to see it work with the game to enhance the enjoyment and competitiveness instead of working against it. 

28.12.2009, 18:40

support1
Four years with Virtonomics MBA diploma

We think about this problem on a larger scale. Many players complain about the game being rather monotonous and suggest to bring in to the game a bit of randomness  - such as various natural calamities, which would cause failures in the work of enterprises and will create an element of surprise in the game. So tender is exactly this element of surprise, a cataclysm if You like. Besides that the crisis on the market aroused by the introduction of the tender is temporary and after the end of the tender the market will  gradually come back to its previous state. 

29.12.2009, 12:17

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

OK thats an interesting response.

Whilst its always a bit frustrating to lose a contest to some1 else because a tricky practice, all contestants have the same options to manipulate the market for their winning, so it can't really be called unfair.

Contests are a (rather generous move by the admins!) good way to make things a bit less boring and its getting more interesting now as more players catch up the level 10 requirement and understand how these tenders work.

I' looking forward to a new set of competitions and i hope its not so much related to sawmills next time! 

29.12.2009, 16:49

ccm_tsang

Mike1

Whilst its always a bit frustrating to lose a contest to some1 else because a tricky practice, all contestants have the same options to manipulate the market for their winning, so it can't really be called unfair.

beg to differ, Mike

it may be true that contestants have the same options to manipulate the market - but it IS unfair for players who have NOT entered the contests - maybe because they do not have enough Management Q, or they were just 'too busy' building their business to look at the tenders daily.

i have a store in France that was my Uncle's gift, so had it since Sept 09 real time.  had problems with efficiency before the reform, got it to 100% after the reform, was just feeling the benefits of a growing profitable business, then suddenly the sales volumes plummeted. other sellers (some new ones) were, as Fractal said, selling a LOT under city average with goods of much higher quality and brand than city average.

i don't really think the market 'adjusts' after the tender closes very well.  it takes a long time for prices to move up, one day for it to plummet, and it seems to take even longer for prices to move back up because the newer players try to do the same thing (set prices lower than city average with higher quality and brand goods)

as it is, the tenders favour the 'big black companies' because they:
1) have the necessary qualification to enter
2) have the extra cash to 'lose' in order to win tenders
3) already have the sales volume <like goods in the city>

if tenders and contests is meant to stimulate the market and get more players interested and joining the game, the rules do need to be re-considered so the 'lesser' companies have a chance of winning, and in order for the market to not be turned upside down because of the tenders.  again, newer players will not adjust.  'lesser' companies will eventually lose interest in the tenders because they can't win

newer players have enough problems learning the game and doing well enough to stay in the game.  it will not be useful to have the market become THAT unpredictable that it becomes unprofitable for the business.  the older players have supplies that cost less as well as their own production supplies.  newer players have to buy from the open market, and can't afford to sell at some of the prices that get set by companies during tenders...

imho... 

30.12.2009, 10:38

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

you're right Chris, the tenders are favoring well established and knowledgeable players. My statement was (selfishly) regarding the competition between those.

But even if new players could join it won't help them much because the reasons 2) and 3) from your post. It seems the only tenders achievable by new players would be the best stores 100, 500 and 1000.

Maybe we could come up with some suggestions for tenders which would be suitable for new players? 

30.12.2009, 17:10

m:
Company 2.0

That is a fair and valid point support1. Bringing some unpredictability into the game won't harm anything. What I have seen is more systematic than random though. I'll keep an eye on the trends after a few tenders and see if things improve.

ccm_tsang also has a great point. New players would be likely to lose interest and stop playing long before they are in a position to win any tenders. The competition we had a while back had a section that was restricted based on qualification, wouldn't it be possible to have 1 out of the 5 daily tenders restricted in the same way? Or restricted by assets?

Since Mike brought it up, I'd also like to see another full competition. Sort of a large scale tender that also incorporates production/livestock raising would be much more enjoyable. 

30.12.2009, 19:11

ccm_tsang

perhaps tenders can be restricted for players of the same 'colour'?  then i can play with the red people, and the black dans can have more fun and competition, etc.

something other than commerce and tech would be good too 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Tender winning conditions

• Page: