Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Efficiency reform - your opinion?

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Voting:  

What do you think about the new efficiency reform?

Voting duration:

Start: 19.12.2009, 17:09

End date: 26.12.2009, 17:09

Voting is finished
i am really pissed off

i am somewhat upset

its ok

i love it

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic created : 19.12.2009, 17:09

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

The new efficiency regulation is effective now and has great effect on our businesses.  Personally, i think the new parameters are to high and a big penalty for the players who play since a while, especially as most of the current users who went trough the P2P and back have paid currency to keep playing. I agree that there is things to do and change to keep the game interesting, but this heavy limitations are not a wise move and may once again have negative effect on the popularity of virtonomics.

This game should reflect natural way of business, but it remains heavily regulated and i think that such a business environment is not practiced in real life .. except maybe in North Korea. I'd rather have my business wiped out by an earthquake or a meteorite than being forced to trash 50% or more of my company by governmental regulation.   

• Page:
Message list:  

19.12.2009, 17:16

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

is this another way to 'encourage' us to spend virts on Q? 

19.12.2009, 17:29

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

This reform has "bad" effect first of all on big black companies. But it's a chance for smaller companies to catch up bigger.
All my subdivisions work at 100% and qualification is growing realy fast... 

19.12.2009, 18:25

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

so we black companies will shut down some enterprises and things will go on Well hope so 

20.12.2009, 03:16

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

My qualification is growing slowly, but for most areas it is high enough to cope with my current employees.

I prepared as best I could for the reform, but it is only because of my awards that I surviving.

The slow growth of my qualification is troubling though, snowman melts in less than a month and there is no way qualification will grow enough naturally to compensate.

Is growth calculated on pre-bonus or final qualification levels? 

20.12.2009, 04:40

eVVe
Six years with Virtonomics

Lolz.... This is terrible.

Well, i only played this for about 1 week real life. Everything was smooths until the 5th days from 6mil cash to -200+k, 6th days i stop all purchasing contract. sell all my Material at discounted rate..... finally now i have some positive cash balance.

Closing down allot of my enterprise, 1 thing i noticed, it is impossible for a new player to start a retail. With only 1 sub division the retail only work at maybe less than 5% efficiency.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the retail 5% is my friend told me & ask for my help. Personally i do not know how to help him. 

20.12.2009, 07:00

cocabom
Eight years with Virtonomics

Seriously I don't like this new reform.. I cannot cover all my losses everyday and don't know what to do now.. I just trying close any enterprise.. 

20.12.2009, 07:50

archmage
Five years with Virtonomics

I think it's good because it makes the game more realistic because before it was like you had a top manager for each company and now the top manager is controlling the entire company which makes it much more realistic. 

20.12.2009, 08:54

Mindwerkz
Five years with Virtonomics

I havent quite decided yet what I think.  My vote will be in tomorrow after I have done some tweaking. 

20.12.2009, 09:04

Argazzmos
Six years with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Argo

I am preparing to reform two weeks, and now i can say, that i perform good Well
Reform is good, but it hate highly-concentrated production(10 15k factories in the same town) 

20.12.2009, 14:50

Cojones33

Point 1

I think I understand your intentions, and if I am correct this as a noble concepts wortrh applauding. you tried to make the playing field more even to give small companies a chance to build up from scratch.  

The cycnincal may suggest that you just want us to spend Real Life money buying manager Qualification points to support your business.

The truth lies somewhere inbetween I assume.

Point 2

I am still focussing my attention on ANNA. I could not buy points for that even if | wanted to. I am sure you realised that when you implemented the changes.

Point 3

This is the perspective from my own selfish side.

I have spent a considerable amount odf time develeopping a company able to support manufacture of its own machine tolls at a tech level required for my factories. Prior to the reforms, it was producing at a quality level of 2.55, so i had achieved my intention and running the operation pretty well.  I was getting ready to look at tech 3.  

Reforms in place, I find that quality has dropped to 1.30.  Not withstanding the fact that my machines at the business runs at the correct level  for production.  

This whole pattern applies throughout all my companies.  

I would suggest that this is a little harsh.

Point 4

Deviating away from the changes, but whilst  I am on a roll Very we!

Economies of Scale:  how does that simple concept fit into the game.

For the benefit of those who have not heard this term before, I will quote wikipedia (as they are so much better than me at expressing it):

Economies of scale, in microeconomics, are the cost advantages that a business obtains due to expansion. They are factors that cause a producer’s average cost per unit to fall as scale is increased.

Arbitarily, this would suggest a factory of a larger size should produce more goods per head , than  a smaller one.  This does not happen at all in this model, infact we are penalised the larger the factory size.  I am talking about output here, not factory/employess efficiencies.

There if a factory of 500ppl produces 100 units, a factory of 5000ppl should theoretically produce 1200 units, not 1000 as effected in this game.

Sorry for writing an essay.  My opinon is that this reform is a little harsh. only the big companies seem to be doing well as i spend all my money on buying Mchines frombigger comapnies at huge prices. 

20.12.2009, 15:19

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

Economy of scale in your definition refers to cost advantages, not production advantages.

It is already in the game, larger factories have a lower cost per item (assuming all other factors are equal). 

20.12.2009, 16:54

kavidyan
Silver Finnish Lion MBA diploma

Wow... Fractal, looks like you are doing well. I'm certainly not loving this reform as my factories efficiency still below 50% and retail below 10% for now. Done some tweaking and hopefully will get back to full swing soon. I just hope my cash reserve will last long enough. Eyes in a heap 

21.12.2009, 15:21

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Double corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

ok after the usual yelling,  shouting and kicking ass of my office managers (i've got some italian blood ..) they worked overnight, fixed and adapted:  the efficiency regulation doesn't look to bad after all, in fact some look even better than before and i'd move my vote to "its ok".

Everyone still having headache with their business, read trough the posts here on the board and do the fixes! 

21.12.2009, 15:43

m:
Company 2.0

kavidyan - It is like I said in other posts. I did what I could to prepare, then had my butt saved by awards.
Livestock raising is the only area that I'm really having problems with, but production is not far above the problem zone.

I agree with Mike, some things are actually better since the reform, and there are solutions to most of the dramas (or partial solutions).
I've particularly found ccm_tsang's posts helpful. Applying his advice (and there are some other honourable mentions too) should have your company on the way to positive cash flow again.

It will take a little time but once you get it sorted things won't seem half as bad as you first thought (just look at Mike - smaller companies should be in a better position than him overall too). 

21.12.2009, 19:32

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics

thankyou, Fractal - but i'm a her Well

my stores have really benefitted from the Q/E reform.  could just not get my 10 000m store to 100% E before the reform, now it's happy and very profitable (for me).

a word of caution about holidays: took one of my factories back from holidays today - it 'cost' .45 production Q.
when i sent them on hols, the first few factories dropped by .4, then dropped more rapidly later.  i'm just hoping that bringing them back from hols has the same calculation factor - first few to bring back from hols cost more, later ones progressively costing less production Q.  

doesn't look like my qualification is 'growing naturally' to up to 50th level in 1/2 real year because growth is 0.123.

at this rate, will grow less than 2 levels before Jan18, 3 short of the snowman.  i'm just hoping that bringing them back from holidays will help my qualification grow more quickly, otherwise my company will stagnate. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Efficiency reform - your opinion?

• Page: