Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> Partnership on Manganese Mine

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 27.11.2015, 05:39

JakeCT
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Four years with Virtonomics

I'm about to purchase a large Manganese mine to replace my existing one.

I'm looking for people to invest points into this mine.  I will be putting in 35 points or more.  Anyone else wants in they have to put in at least 5 points, I will manage the mine and you will get a minimum of 1,915,000 units of manganese (not all at once), the amount will increase by 383,000 units per point.  The more points involved, the more units of manganese you will get.

The mine will be at least Q3.5 and tech 13, I expect an output above Q7.4 to start.  As tech increases so will the output quality.

PM me if interested, I make the purchase in 4 days so all points will need to be transferred by then.   

• Page:
Message list:  

27.11.2015, 05:43

JakeCT
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods

FYI,  Expected purchase price per unit is about $21.00 

28.11.2015, 00:32

anton_s
Oak Maple Cedar Elm Founder of Khon Kaen Founder of Yunfu Founder of Bintulu Founder of Kluang
Santa Claus Santa Claus Sinterklaas Tovlis babua Founder of Angeles Founder of Surat Thani Physics teacher Literature teacher
Festive glasses High-quality horn Jubilee Ten Founder of Sukabumi Founder of Ipoh city V sign Pacific Bastille Key
Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Bastille Key Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Buffalo
Wild beehive Wild beehive Wild beehive Wild beehive Beekeeping Face Mask Beekeeping Face Mask Merchant wallet Merchant coat
Merchant pants Merchant boots Merchant hat Haloween pumpkin The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Circular saw
European cap Egyptian nemes Field glasses General's cap Tanker helmet Sailor cap Infantry helmet Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
TESLA Group

Why do you need manganese if it is from an independent supplier?
My opinion, the market is not enough bauxite and copper. Im ready to invest in these mines! 

28.11.2015, 01:46

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Manganese is a bad investment in any case; It's mainly used for specializations of products with a minor quality bonus, but in all cases it screws up the average quality of all needed consumables and it would lose it's purpose.

I'm wondering what you are planning to use it for anyway? I expect it's probably more cost efficient to spent points on other resources.

And what Anton mentioned: There is a lot of demand for bauxite and copper; If you have a similar offer for these resources, I'm quite sure people are willing to invest one or more points for a % of a mine. 

28.11.2015, 04:45

JakeCT

OK thanks for the feedback, let me think about this a bit. 

28.11.2015, 18:06

JakeCT

Opened a new thread for those interested in Bauxite & Copper:  

http://virtonomics.com/lien/forum/forum_new/102/topic/105286/view ...

...Same basic structure of the deal. 

2.12.2015, 19:23

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

TyStuFF
Manganese is a bad investment in any case; It's mainly used for specializations of products with a minor quality bonus, but in all cases it screws up the average quality of all needed consumables and it would lose it's purpose.

Not sure this is true.  I tried production with and with out q1 manganese where the manganese would lower the average input quality by a greater percentage than the bonus it adds to output.  My output final output was still higher with the manganese.  I'll do some more testing. 

15.12.2015, 23:01

Last time edited : 15.12.2015, 23:15

JakeCT

Thanks for the feedback.

I decided to run test to see what the differences were, I used my Metallurgical Factory to make steel to come up with the answers.

All of this was done w/ Tech 19 at the same Steel Plant.

Various Steel Quality Outputs
Steel Type
Iron Q
Coal Q
Manganese Q
Chrome Q
Silica Q
Output Volume
Output Q
Steel (+0.0%)
n/a
n/a
n/a
Alloy Steel HGS(+20.0%)
Alloy Steel HGS(+20.0%)
Alloy Steel G(+10.0%)
n/a
n/a
Alloy Steel G(+10.0%)
n/a
n/a

15.12.2015, 23:46

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Quality is fun, but not really valuable if you approach in an economical way.

Also this test doesn't consider other relevant scenarios, like:
-Simple steel, produced from even higher quality iron and coal mines = Higher quality input materials and end product.
-Villa: 10 points which gives 2% quality bonus to all mines and factories in the region, this basically accumulates quality over the whole production chain.
Size 1 factories: Business boosters for some cash, giving you 10% quality bonus.
Size 3+ factories: Business boosters for points (2 points +14%, 3 points +16%). Size 2 is not really worth the effort, since it's just 10% bonus for a point, which you can achieve for cash with size 1 as well.

You would get Q21.17 steel, if you use the basic steel specialization, with a 10 point villa, and a 10% booster. And then I don't even take in consideration the 2% bonus you get on the mining from the villa. 

16.12.2015, 04:59

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

But how much would those Q7 resources cost in points? How large would those mines have to be to get the ore cost to a reasonable level? Personally I don't find Q21 steel commercially viable for any product.. 

List of forums -> Lien-> Partnership on Manganese Mine

• Page: