Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Lien -> Looking for a mentor

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 7.05.2012, 21:08

Last time edited : 7.05.2012, 21:08

aba001

Hi

Norton International is on it's third restart. My rich uncle Charles has left me a soft furniture business in Russia. I have a store, furniture factory, weaver, and lab. I would like to see if anyone is willing to guide me into making this a profitable company with a vision for expansion. In the short term, I would like to be able to produce all the raw goods needed for production, plus be able to sell excess. Beyond that, I would like to branch out the company to other areas as well.

Thanks
Mike Norton
Norton International   

• Page:
Message list:  

7.05.2012, 23:47

JustNash
Twelve years with Virtonomics Jubilee Ten Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!"
One year with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Хасселт Jewelry Loupe Founder of Carcassonne Twelve years with Virtonomics Belgium soccer ball Traskor Swedish standard Viking helmet
Dalahast Deer horns Ingvar Kamprad Order Mathematic teacher Compass Festive glasses Jubilee Ten Silver Ten
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places World Cuisines, VII-XV places World Cuisines, VII-XV places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Sikasso Macedonian Silver amphora Bronze amphora of Heraklion The winner of the Industry Competition The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition
Three years with Virtonomics
l:
Premium Brands
m:
Premium Brands

Hi Mike,

I currently lack the time to be much of a mentor, but I can tell you this:
* read the newbie help files in the FAQ section
* first open up stores, when those start to bring in heaps of cash, venture into production. Commerce is where most of the cash is + production is capital intensive, and capital is something you don't have in the beginning.
* IF you can, pay attention to the starters' quests. Those will bring you some much needed cash.
* later on, when you can afford it, you will be able to create your own vertically integrated production and just retail your own, branded production

Good luck!

Nash 

18.05.2012, 10:28

Ezekielprincetyrus
Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Two years with Virtonomics
l:
4TowersCompany
m:
WorldServicesCorp

Hi, MIke, and welcome to Virtonomics.

My first suggestion to you is to leave your business ops in Mary Realm, join in Lien Realm (it too is free).  The reason I say this is there are about one-half as many players in Lien, yet the total game turnover (the "economy") is almost twice as large as in Mary.

Hence, you have far greater opportunities as a young company to make lots of cash sooner.

Open a 1,000 square foot retail trading store in the city center of a mid-wealthy city.  You can learn the average wealth of cities in the game by using the world map report.  Then, once you have selected a country and a region, it lists the cities in that region.  The higher the wealth, the more money city residents will spend .  BUT, those richer customers demand higher quality goods.

So at first, it is a balance act between buying medium qualty goods at a low enough price that you can mark-up by 50% or more (this is a general goal), and still sell below the city average for that product, if possible.

foodstuffs and groceries are the two best entries to get your retail stores running.

You only need two at first, with one office to oversee them.

try to keep enough retail staff hired at the right training level to maintain a "high" or "very high' rating for your stores.

advertise to get your store's name out there.

look at what the top sellers in some cities you like are selling.  see if those products are available.

a neat trick is to build a warehouse in a city you think you might want to open a retail store, but are not sure.

select a specialization of foodstuffs or groceries

then, click on the supply icon for any product you are thinking of selling.

make sure you sue the filter (upper left corner) and click "1 available unit), this will show only products that still can be bought.

use the arrow key on the qaulity column (near the far right) and select it so it starts at 1.00 and as you scroll down page, the quality gets higher.  compare prices with the quality in similar ranges.  also look at how much product a seller has available.

there are lots of other tricks as well.

keep reading the forums for questions posted by other new players such as yourself, and read the answers given.  you'll get the hang of things soon enough.

good luck wth your new company. 

18.05.2012, 22:16

Titian

Hi Mike

Justnash and Ezekielprincetyrus  have already mentioned a lot of neat tips. But a better way of checking the supply of certain goods is to go to game world -> reports. Now, the first thing you are going to see is 'city retail' in the marketing tab.
Hoover your mouse over marketing and select 'Products'. This lets you check all the offers out there.

Retail is a great way of getting your hands on quick cash - especially on lien.
Ususally I am only producing goods for my own retail stores, but sometimes I am greatly increasing the quality of my production, which means that I sometimes have a larger stock of 'outdated' goods I don't need anymore.
Contact me if you are interested in selling them; there are some geographical segments where you can make some nice money with them.

Also be sure to pay close attention to your qualifications. They are the key to success in this game. There are some nice descriptions about qualification growth and how qualifications work in the FAQ section of the forum. 

List of forums -> Lien-> Looking for a mentor

• Page: