Multiplayer tycoon game for real business leaders!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Mary -> Independant suppliers

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 14.05.2010, 23:18

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Which independant suppliers are there ?   

• Page:
Message list:  

14.05.2010, 23:37

casperbons
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

grain, sugar, grapes 

15.05.2010, 03:58

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

a lot more actually, iron ore, coal, bauxite and other war materials are available as well, cacao and other farm products as well. The only "raw" product there is no independant supplier of I know of right now is timber. 

15.05.2010, 14:47

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Want to expand so i want to see what i can produce from the independant suppliers so everything has a independant suppliers except of wood ? 

15.05.2010, 14:48

casperb

Can't see it before i buy the factory ;) 

15.05.2010, 14:51

casperb

So chris can i set up a grocery line from the independant supplliers ? Can you check that ;) 

15.05.2010, 15:12

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Yes, you can set up a chain using independent suppliers, however, you will need several stages of production. There are independent suppliers for the following:

Grain
Sugar
Cocoa
Grapes
Cotton
ALL natural resources (oil, coal, iron, etc) EXCEPT Timber

http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/marketing/by_products ...

Check there before opening a business. 

15.05.2010, 15:16

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

casperb
Can't see it before i buy the factory ;)

Build a warehouse to check availability and prices of supplies before investing in a factory.
You can check whatever you need to and then close the warehouse. If the warehouse is closed on the same day it was opened it will have zero costs. 

15.05.2010, 19:34

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You don't need to build anything to check available products and prices.

Just go to http://virtonomics.com/mary/main/globalreport/marketing/by_products ... and you can see which products are available. Sort by Quanity, Quality or Price according to your research needs. Quantity 0 of course means nothing is available. Independant suppliers are found by an unlimited supply, because no player has unlimited supply of course.

You will see when checking this page that you can get some raw materials cheaper than the independant suppliers are. I usually prefer to still use the independant suppliers, because they don't cancel deals on me without warning :p 

15.05.2010, 23:17

casperb

Thankx will setup the grocery chain ;) 

16.05.2010, 16:43

casperb

Chris the link isn't right to look for supply. Just check wine it says in the link plenty of cheap suppliers but they don't sell it on the market. Maby if it's possible to paste a row available in the sheet than it's good but for now i can't rely on it

Tears No grocery chain 

16.05.2010, 19:49

ChrisBerlin82

Hmmm interesting, it seems to show factory output as available no matter how many orders there are. I don't understand why some factories/warehouses show 0 then when they in fact have goods/produce goods. It seems you will have to click all subdivisions to see if actually something is available so you still don't need to build a warehouse to find available goods. 

18.05.2010, 01:11

casperb

Yeh it's a little strange especially with raw materials. That why i never looked at it Very we!
I just build al factories of the chain at once 

18.05.2010, 01:13

casperb

But it's just easy to have at the game world tab. Again 

20.05.2010, 19:23

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

ChrisBerlin82
Hmmm interesting, it seems to show factory output as available no matter how many orders there are. I don't understand why some factories/warehouses show 0 then when they in fact have goods/produce goods. It seems you will have to click all subdivisions to see if actually something is available so you still don't need to build a warehouse to find available goods.

that's why Fractal suggests building a warehouse to check.  then the available supplies are real, and you don't need to check each subdivision to see if goods are available.

As Fractal said, close the warehouse before the next update and you will not be charged for rent.

in fact, if the goods are not plentiful, start ordering from the warehouse while your factory builds, then you're sure some supplies will be available when your factory finishes building.

i bought a few cheap factories in lien.  looks like they just got built, then the player realized there was no supplies for their specialization, and sold the factory.   using the warehouse method before i buy the factory, i know there are supplies if i change the specialization, so got the factories cheap. 

List of forums -> Mary-> Independant suppliers

• Page: