Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Mary -> Noob question

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 21.04.2010, 17:48

casperbons
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi all,

I'm 26 and starting in economics, found this game about 3 days ago and find it very fantastic for experience.
Now i find out that i have a little difficulties starting up, so i have a few question and any advise would be great Very we!

I have 2 account in both realms; don't know if that's aloud but it's just for trying different tweaking and learning. Think the turns could be faster at the beginning but seeing the big coorporations, probably it isn't favourable when your one of the top players ?

So some of the questions, hope you can help me with this ?

Tried searching in some help starting up but cant find it ? Except of the videos but that explains the structure of my office.

Now after trying a bit i notice that the player market and the local supply market have nifty price difference. If i want to have a new supply of bedroom furniture i pay about 10k to get one and can sell it in my store and being competetive with the local market for 2000 ?? How can i be profitable in this market ?

Started one company with big marketing, saw that was bad idear. But i notiched that i had a lot of customes, to0 much for the store of 100m2 but nobody is buying stuf and every product is below average local market price. This are also supply prices of a automatic supply of 100k. With these purchasing prices i can be competitive but once i have to resupply i probaly stop selling ?

My goal is to have a supply chain from start to end but that would take ages can i do that with multiple accounts ???

Also need help getting efficiency up i have companys of about 50% and one is only 10 % what are the ratios here ?

Can't verify my account because no emails arrive ?

This are just the first questions that came to mind ?

Already many thanks for any help, Casper Pancake

• Page:
Message list:  

21.04.2010, 22:24

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

Now after trying a bit i notice that the player market and the local supply market have nifty price difference. If i want to have a new supply of bedroom furniture i pay about 10k to get one and can sell it in my store and being competetive with the local market for 2000 ?? How can i be profitable in this market ?

In our world there are countries in which better to sell goods and in which better to produce.
Go game world->reports->choose household goods->choose bedroom furniture and look at prices in different cities.
Big differenceSo-so So put your stores in France, Germany...
Also look at average city quality and at quality of your goods. If your quality is higher, you could put higher price for your good.

Started one company with big marketing, saw that was bad idear. But i notiched that i had a lot of customes, to0 much for the store of 100m2 but nobody is buying stuf and every product is below average local market price.

Look after service in your stores and their efficiency. Stores with low efficiency or low service won't be profitable.

This are also supply prices of a automatic supply of 100k. With these purchasing prices i can be competitive but once i have to resupply i probaly stop selling ?

Try find profible city markets. It's possibleSo-so

My goal is to have a supply chain from start to end but that would take ages can i do that with multiple accounts ???

Yes. But several accounts take too much your free timeWell

Also need help getting efficiency up i have companys of about 50% and one is only 10 % what are the ratios here ?

Read: FAQ->Required Qualification. Help and FAQ->The Mother Of All Efficiency Question Thread. Ask questions and put screenshots of your subdivisions with low effciency in the second theard.

P.S. Ask questions in FAQ. 
      Electronics syndicate on Mary. Make your business successful with us!        

22.04.2010, 00:49.     Subject: Thanx

casperbons
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

thanx Vllord for the quick help, today i found the world "reports". Shows the possibilities ;)

Still it's real difficult for a starter because off the high prices in the supply chain. Is it smart to fight the local suppliers with the sales of my stores ? Seeing the reports and comparing prices there is a small market to explore in the stores. I'll keep trying lol

Got one company Start that's number one in the contest ;) lol probably the mine, because efficiency is shit.

To curious what my changes do to wait so long ;) 

22.04.2010, 14:28

VLLord
Eleven years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Golden amphora of Heraklion Golden bed-clothing Standard underwear
m:
Golden Empire

If you want to make full chain then start with jewellery. It is the shortest supply chain.
And put a store in France(or any other rich country). There you'll easily fight with localWell 

23.04.2010, 15:49.     Subject: Dazzled

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Lol now id ont get it anymore ???

In the Mary realm i do food have the company Power assets 4,5m and CRB 2,5m ish started that way production present of my uncle. Power is located in manchester and had eff about 70 average so got more employees for all. By the way got a Mill, bakery, lab, 1 store, warehouse and just bought a pig farm the previous round.
Now i upped all my employees because i wanted to get 100 % eff but my eff went down overall ???
My office was about 70 % so got more empoyees, this turn the requirement gone up to 9 so got new employee now i have 10 the max but the effiency went down to 30 % is that because the requirement gone up ?

This i get a little but than i compare it with my CRB company it had also about 70% eff so got more employees same as with Power company but here my eff went up almost all 100 % except of my cow farm because i didnt have enough stock and some got sick. The most strange thing is that there my office is 100 % and only reguires 1 employee but i have more overall employees than with Power company ??? Now with this CR company i kept all the same little more employees and some equi only for the divisions that weren't 100 % i'll wait what happens.

Now writing notes with my divisions because i had strange expenses i didn't remember.
Lol i didn't know that supplies were for every week ;)

Thankx for the jewelery advise but i dont do that i have chains of jewelery on Lien and there is no eff that rises above 10 %
The eff was about 70 to 80 % but dropped enormous, eff was good but there where noooooo sales. Probably to pour countries ? The mine is in the philippien and have the other company producing jewelry so a 2 account chain ( srry just trying will dismantel one if i get the game) but what i find strange that the eff was about 70 so got more employees overall but the overall eff went to under 10 %.

Company Start has: assets 27m ??? probaby the mine ? eff overall lower as 5
office 50 workplaces 15 employees 13 req
3 jewelery stores one of 500 because of the big lines
one gold mining that has big expenses no production about 40 pieces,onlyhave 375 equipment from the 1000 ?

Company CRB assets 14m eff alover lower than 5 ?
Office 50 workplaces 15 employed eff
Jewelery facory
Lapidary factory
3 stores also all

Please help with some more explanation.
What is the requirement callculation ?
Why doesn't none of my stores sell all are far below local supply ( Lien ) is it because its a poor country ?
It seems that at Mary realm the requirement are correct but at Lien there just crazy how can i require 5 employees in a store but im nt selling shit lol

Im Dazzled 

List of forums -> Mary-> Noob question

• Page: