Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Mary -> WANTED: Negotiated Contracts for Clothes, Electronics and Jewellery!

Announce your offers, look for new business partners in our business simulation game

Topic:

Topic created : 11.02.2010, 08:16

agq1981
MBA diploma

If you have well priced clothes & shoes, electronics and/or jewellery forsale and would like to discuss business, send me a message.

Happy to negotiate purchase volumes for the right price!

Cheers,

Andy   

• Page:
Message list:  

11.02.2010, 15:18

archmage
Four years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics

I think everyone needs suppliers for those industries 

12.02.2010, 08:59

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I cringe when I see new players going for jewelery. They have a tendency to treat it as a volume business.

This is a big part of the reason jewelery factories are always readily available on the building market. 

16.02.2010, 01:15

Argazzmos
Six years with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Argo

Fractal
I cringe when I see new players going for jewelery. They have a tendency to treat it as a volume business.

This is a big part of the reason jewelery factories are always readily available on the building market.

Fully agree with you Well I am to started with a jewellery, but i have a huge experience in other businesses (I am played on Russian realms before Mary), so i can easy avoid bankruptcy Well 

16.02.2010, 12:23

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
m:
Company 2.0

Avoiding bankruptcy is the easy part, not crashing the market is the difficult part.
Inexperienced players can't seem to do either very well with jewelery. 

18.02.2010, 21:29

Ablemit
Nine years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Nine years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I can sell Clothes and Jewelry 

18.02.2010, 22:55

wirusaz

Fractal
Avoiding bankruptcy is the easy part, not crashing the market is the difficult part.
Inexperienced players can't seem to do either very well with jewelery.

What do you mean by crashing the market? 

20.02.2010, 09:10

m:
Company 2.0

Generally (not always) new players sell massively under the city average price. This drags the city average lower which means players reduce prices to keep sales levels.

People automatically think jewelery is a good industry, when in fact it is terrible for beginners.
The raw materials are expensive and the market volumes are low. Retail prices are high but once you factor in the costs and sales quantity, the figures do not look so good anymore.
I can almost guarantee that you will make more money with foodstuff or grocery, consider the following:

1 factory, smallest size will produce:
20 brilliants
30,000 bread

Worldwide retail average prices (Mary):
28.58 for bread
24,997 for brilliants

Revenues at worldwide average:
857,400 for bread
499,940 for brilliants

Lapidary factory costs more than double what a bakery does to build.
Flour is cheap and easy to produce and you can make it yourself, gold and diamonds come from mines which require points or billions of dollars to buy.
Food is easy to sell (worldwide market is huge) and has 10+ items you can sell in a 1 department store whereas jewelery has 4 items. 

List of forums -> Mary-> WANTED: Negotiated Contracts for Clothes, Electronics and Jewellery!

• Page: