Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help. -> Livestock - Beginners Guide

Here you can learn from the interaction between experienced businessmen and young entrepreneurs. You are welcome to place your questions related to our business simulation game and get the answers from experienced players

Topic:

Topic created : 17.04.2015, 01:16

Last time edited : 16.11.2015, 22:44

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

LIVESTOCK SUBDIVISION – WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION?

Qualification of course.  As always.  Well

If you have qualification of 1 in livestock, you can have a tech level up to 5 (min requirement by tech level table) and 60 total employees (top 3 table).

If you have qualification of 9 in livestock, you can have a tech level up to 11 (min requirement by tech level table) and 1,620 total employees (top 3 table).  However, each subdivision can only have up to 300 employees (top 1 table).

If you exceed these figures at these qualification levels, your efficiency will start to go down and subdivisions that otherwise would make money can and will freeze up.  Also, office qualification needs to support the operations and the bigger the operation the more office qualification you’ll need.

Qualification tables can be found at Community > Forum > FAQ > Qualification growth. How it works

Did I mention that qualification is the most important thing to understand in the game?  Well

LIVESTOCK SUBDIVISION  – HOW MANY SUBDIVISIONS AND HOW BIG SHOULD THEY BE?

See previous section.

LIVESTOCK SUBDIVISION  – WHERE SHOULD I LOCATE IT?

If you’re going to use the independent supplier of grain (more on that later), you may want to locate somewhat close to it (Russia Far East in Lien and Northern France in Mary).

Besides that, you may want to produce where wages are low, education level is high, taxes are low and export customs duties and transport costs to major markets are low.  Wages, education and taxes can be found at Analytics > Macroeconomics > World Map, Export customs duties can be found at Analytics > Macroeconomics > Transport.

For customs duties, you’ll want to check export tariffs on your finished product, not on the product in the first step in your supply chain (more on that later).

LIVESTOCK SUBDIVISION  – HOW TO BUY THE TECH?

Once your livestock subdivision is built, the first step is to install the correct technology.

To determine the appropriate tech level, see the first section.  

Once you know what tech level you need, go to Analytics > Market Analysis > Technology > Results of License Sales.  Set the Enterprise Type to your subdivision type (for example Sheep Farm), and set Level to the desired tech level.  Click the gray Results of Previous Day’s Trades.  Then Click on the blue link that says Supply near the bottom.  Note the lowest price.  For example, 49,000 in the screen shot below is the lowest price.

Now go to your livestock subdivision and click the Technologies tab.  Then click the gray Buy a License.  Next, set Level to the desired tech level.  Type the low price from the Market Analysis Technology report into the Maximal Price field.  For example, see the 49,000 in the screen shot below.

Choose competitive and leave the Transient checkbox blank.  Lastly, click the gray apply button.  After the next update you’ll receive a message if you win the bidding.  You will not pay more than your bid.

LIVESTOCK SUBDIVISION  – HOW TO HIRE WORKERS?

Once tech is installed, see the first section to understand how many workers you can hire in the subdivision and then hire that number of workers.  

When asked for their salary, set it so that the Expected Level of Staff Qualification equals that level labeled as Required.  You can keep tabbing out of the salary input to see it calculate a new Expected Level of Staff Qualification.  If you go over the Required level, you may not have 100% efficiency due to overload.  If you go under, you may not have 100% efficiency due to underqualified staff.

FEED SUPPLY – WHO DO I PURCHASE FROM?

The independent supplier sells quality 1.00 grain very inexpensively.  The price is stable and supply will never end.  This will most likely be your source of feed supply for your livestock unless you shell out real money or hard won virts for a farm to grow your own grain or soy-bean.  So for new players, plan on buying q1 grain from the independent supplier.

FEED SUPPLY – HOW MUCH DO I PURCHASE?

The following table is for grain feed.  For soy-bean based feed, see the Analytics > Reference section of the game.

Sheep    2.8 grain/sheep
Chicken  7.5 grain/chicken
Pig         16.0 grain/pig
Cow       24.0 grain/cow

FEED SUPPLY – WHEN DO I NEED TO PURCHASE?

You must always have enough feed for the livestock you own or they will get sick (for example, for 5,000 sheep you need 5,000 * 2.8 = 14,000 grain).

Livestock purchases are immediate and feed purchases take one day.  Therefore, you need to begin purchasing the feed needed for the livestock one update prior to buying the livestock.

LIVESTOCK – HOW MANY TO BUY?

You need to know how many animals each worker can support.  For example, for sheep it’s 20 sheep per worker.  So for example if you have maxed qualification at 300 workers and the subdivision can fit 10,000 sheep, only buy 6,000 sheep (300*20).  If you buy more than 6,000 sheep, you’d need more workers and you would go past what your qualification can handle.  

How to know you many animals one workers can handle?  Go to Analytics > Reference and click on the subdivision type in question.  On the Production Specifications table at the bottom, you’ll see a column that says Number of workplaces/Max.animals.  Divide Max. animals by Number of workplaces and you’ll have the # of animals one worker can support.  Again, for sheep it is 20.

LIVESTOCK – WHAT QUALITY TO BUY?

The answer is that you want livestock 2 times the quality of the feed you are buying.  If you are buying quality 1.00 feed, you will want quality 2.00 livestock.  If you have livestock quality greater than 2 times the quality of the feed, the livestock will get sick.

LIVESTOCK – WHO TO BUY FROM?

Basically look for the cheapest supplier in the quality range you want.  And remember, you can mix livestock to get to your target quality.  For example, if your target is q2 sheep, you can buy 100 q 3.0 sheep and 100 q 1.0 sheep and you’ll end up with 200 q2 sheep.

LIVESTOCK – HOW TO MAKE MONEY?

Now that your subdivision in producing an end product (for example, wool from sheep) you need to figure out how to make the most money from it.  I would recommend selling it to yourself and creating an internal supply chain (warning, for brand new players this may be difficult as you’d have to open up a few factories that cost money and that also may overload your current production and office qualification levels).

You want to have a long internal supply chain. Each step adds more quality to the final product. So, using sheep as an example, you could go sheep > wool > fabric > Caps/clothes/poncho/bedsheets/toys. The fabric and caps/clothes/poncho/bedsheet/toys factories will both add more quality so your final product will be more competitive (especially if you train down the salaries in the factories and farm).

If other raw materials are available on the market (the downside to raw materials you don’t produce yourself is you have less control over the supply and price), you could also add them to your fabric to produce suits/dresses/socks.

Anyway, the main idea is to run the factories cheap (low salary in low tax region) and have a long chain to get the most final quality per cost. Lastly, you may need to advertise your final product in the region you're targeting to sell in if you are going to sell retail (do this in the office subdivision in that region). If you wholesale to other players, I wouldn't bother to advertise.

LIVESTOCK – QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS?

If you have “how to?” questions or if you have comments to correct/improve the information provided above, please post them in this thread.  I and others will answer all that we can and I’ll update the above information as needed.

Also, another guide to livestock can be found in the excellent Virtonomics Tutorial by Goto64 starting on page 23.  It contains mainly the same information as above but with more detail in certain areas and less in others.  Sometimes it helps to hear from two points view on the same subject to fully to grasp concepts.  Link is below:

http://issuu.com/denisjouravkov/docs/virtonomics_tutorial

• Page:
Message list:  

17.04.2015, 04:00

Last time edited : 17.04.2015, 04:29

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
Five years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Good work! Topic attached To wink (Also you can add some pictures/screenshots there)

Also one kinda tricky thing about livestock:

To improve your qualification after you reached 20 you have to have produced quality higher than realm's average, depending on realm it be a hard thing to do (For Example on Vera average quality of eggs, cows and other products are higher that 40-50, try to get such quality with 20th qualification). That might be one of the reasons why you qualification growing slow.

To produce higher quality you should work with highest possible technology for your qualification, use very good animals and find food them of very good quality. Like tech = 15, Food = 15, Animals Q = 30.

Also a very helpful thing is an innovation which you can activate in your farm which gives +10% of final quality and choose carefully specialization of the farm. If there is a specialization which gives a bonus to total quality, you should try to work with it. An innovation (+10% total quality) cost point for sizes bigger than 10, but for 10 it cost just casual money, so instead of opening big farm with size of 50, you can open many smaller farms with size of 10. Also small size with allow you to work on higher technology (+1-2) then with size of 50.

In addition to that if you have a villa, you might consider to open ur factories and farms in the city where it is located and activate a bonus for total product quality. And the last thing is to ask governor to activate an agricultural project with gives +5% to total qualify

On Mary and Lien such advices might not be very useful but on Vera and Olga you could face real trouble trying to produce quality higher than average and if for manufacturing you almost always can find another new good with low avarage quality, for livestock it can harder because there are just about 10-12 goods when for manifacturing there are more than 180

All that probably would make ur price cost low, but that a choice you make, nether to produce high quality and improve qualification, or make a good profits and struggle with low qualification grow. On levels after 20 you almost always should swing from independent supplier of food Q1 and animals of Q2 to something higher, probably you should have your own a farm with reasonable size of 500-1000+ (grains for example) to feed your animals and get low price cost and high quality. Sometimes animals of the quality you need are not available on the market, so you should open your own breeding animals farm which going to produce such animals.

Livestock is cheap and interesting game area similar to manifactring which you can try early in game and products of livestock could be used for further manufacturing in future (milk =>  cheese). Good luck playing a happy farm in virtonomics Cheerfully

25.09.2015, 15:24

gberdine
35mm film SLR camera Polaroid Film camera Vintage camera Yellow rose Camping backpack Soccer ball
Toucan Holmes smoking pipe Jubilee cylinder Musket Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
gberdine International

For a new player, it can be more lucrative to sell low quality animals than to try and sell low quality wool or meat. Anyone can make animals less than Q2 which are necessary for players to start new farms. A Tech 1 farm with Q2 animals will produce Q1.30 animals and these will often command a higher price than high quality animals.

An advantage of animal farms is that once they are set up, they require no maintenance. As long as you have a reliable forage supply, you never need to touch the farm except to increase Tech level. Also, as you increase Tech level, you do not require higher quality animals unlike the need for higher quality equipment in other lines of business. Animal farming is low maintenance in terms of your real time. 

12.03.2016, 20:07

BigBadDaddy
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

great stuff guys i have followed what you have said  and have started breeding my sheep and pigs

I want to use the breeding section to increase   my quantity of animals ythat im breeding from
How do i move the bread animais fromn the sale holding pen back into the breeding shed

any help apreciated 

12.03.2016, 20:45

Wonson
Seven years with Virtonomics
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

buy them. 

20.03.2016, 18:51.     Subject: quality of animal produced

BigBadDaddy
Five years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Hi guys

My animal quality in the breeding shed is lvl 2 and the animals that i am breading for sale is 2.1 how do i get the produced animal for sale back down to 2

My tech lvl for the farm is lvl 2

Any ideas would be apreciated 

20.03.2016, 19:15

Last time edited : 20.03.2016, 19:16

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Hi BigDady,

You need to "dilute" the quality by mixing some lower quality animals into it. Calculation is not hard, but this Russian page is a time saver:
http://virtonomica.info/mixer.php ...

i.e, you have a flock of sheep (Q:2.00) and want to increase it to 100 sheep (Q:2.00). Let's suppose there are some Q:1.00 sheep on the market:

So Buy 45 sheep Q:2.1 and 5 sheep Q:1.00 

20.03.2016, 22:09

BigBadDaddy

Hi Wanson

That's good advice which I already use to regulate my breeding flock quality   my question is how do I regulate the production quality so that I can sell Q2.00 sheep to the market instead of the 2.1 that im currently producing to make them perfect buys for new farmers.  do I make my breeding flock lower quality to get a lower quality output sheep? 

20.03.2016, 22:24

Last time edited : 20.03.2016, 22:27

Wonson
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

yes, you either lower the quality of sheep or mix the product in a separate warehouse.
If you want to lower the quality of the sheep to get exactly Q:2.00 output ask Rogue_Cat or G_Money which quality and tech you need to use. I can't recall the numbers. 

21.03.2016, 05:40

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: bachelor Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

create a tech 1 farm and mix the low out output with your 2.1 to get down to 2.0.  Or buy what you need to mix it down. 

21.03.2016, 12:41

Last time edited : 21.03.2016, 13:13

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

You need livestock quality somewhere between Q1.70 and Q1.85 on technology 2 to produce exact Q2.00 livestock. I can't remember the exact quality, but if you play around with the qualities you can easily figure out which is the appropriate quality after a while.
It also depends on the livestock bonus, in some regions they offer a +5% quality bonus, so in these regions you probably need lower quality livestock, to pop out the desired quality. 

21.03.2016, 14:14

BigBadDaddy

many thanks everyone for the imput
getting there lol so much to learn 

List of forums -> Questions and answers. Help.-> Livestock - Beginners Guide

• Page: