Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics" -> Summertime building-2015

Discussions on our virtual business game, your ideas and game mechanics

Topic:

Topic created : 7.08.2015, 18:07

Last time edited : 20.10.2015, 19:13

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

*Builders of new cities having lunch at work

Today we launch a constriction team event; it is fourth event of such kind where you can build a new city!
This time action will be on all realms – Vera, Olga, Mary and Lien!
Although this is not only different thing from past years, this time a political party has an opportunity to crease the whole new country!

GENERAL RULES
To build a new city a player should pay certain amount of money which depends on the city’s location and its population.
BASE COST is a price for a city with population from 50 to 250 thousand people. For bigger cities you should pay an ADDITIONAL COST, for each 50 000 over 250 000. (It does not mean you can build a real city with hither population then in real life, it means that big cities cost more. As a reference of city’s population we accept links from Wikipedia).
As an exception you can build smaller city if it has cultural, sport or another kind of fame in real life.
Countries are separated in 3 different price categories which depend on size of retail, development of service and country’s current population.

BASE COST (ADDITIONAL COST) for cities on the MARY realm
1st category. 4000 billion for 250 k people (+400 billion for each additional 50 k people):
United Arab Emirates
Kuwait
United States of America
Netherlands
Germany
Saudi Arabia
France
Argentina
United Kingdom
Spain
Mexico
Turkey

2nd category. 2000 billion (+200 billion):
Finland
Norway
Greece
Venezuela
Lithuania
Cuba
Republic of South Africa

3rd category. 1000 billion (+100 billion):
Latvia
Estonia
Uzbekistan
Cote d`Ivoire
Nigeria
Guinea
Mali

BASE COST (ADDITIONAL COST) for cities on the LIEN realm
1st category. 4000 billion for 250 k people (+400 billion for each additional 50 k people):
United States of America
Japan
Netherlands
Thailand
Korea
Argentina
Mexico
China

2nd category. 2000 billion (+200 billion):
Latvia
Estonia
Norway
Venezuela
Greece
Philippines
Russia

3rd category. 1000 billion (+100 billion):
Lithuania
Cuba
Malaysia
Uzbekistan
Kazakhstan
Indonesia
Vietnam

ADDITIONAL RULES
  • City will be built on one realm, where a founder paid
  • Only cities which exits in real life can be added
  • Donation can be accepted only from one person, a founder of the city
  • Money will be taken manually after final confirmation from administration
  • Founder of a city will receive an unique award with city’s cost of arms without bonuses
  • Founder can ask for a mayor position in the city if he wants
  • Founder will have 50% discount on all point property in the city (mines, farms, villas, etc) build there before September 30. To get property with discount founder should write a personal message to diska. Founder should have all required amount (points) on his account (with a discount) and then money will be taken and property will be given.
  • Characteristics of the new city will be determined by administration. Founder can propose to add there a resource. It is possible to add a resource which exists in this city (and its reasonable surroundings) in real life. For 3rd category countries it is possible to add 1 new resource. For 2nd category its 2 and for 1st category you can add up to 4 different resources.
  • Applications are accepted until September 30th
  • Administration have a right to decline building a city until money were taken from a player

Example
To build a new city in Greece with population of 320 K people we need:
2000 billion – Basic cost for 250 k people for counties of 2nd category
400 – Additional cost for 100 k people (rounded to the highest number)
Total of 2400 billion
The founder will get an award with cost of arms of the created city and if he/she would like to, mayor’s chair.
For a country of 2nd category it is possible to add two new resources – for instance olives and fish. Founder can build unlimited number of point property with these resources with 50% discount until September 30th.

“BUILDING” NEW COUNTRIES
This year we decided to add a new feature of much bigger scale which is building/creating new countries.
We have to mention that we don’t expecting from someone to build India or China. This opportunity targeted on small countries and states to create more presidential positions and to add more interesting places to do business in.

GENERAL RULES
  • The major and the only one payment for a new country should be done by spending points. The cost depend on population of a new country:
    - up to 100 000 people – 300 points
    - from 100 000 to 500 000 people – 500 points
    - from 500 000 to 1 000 000 people – 1000 points
    - more then 1 000 000 people 1000 points +250 points for each millions of people (small adjustments are possible)
  • Building can be done by a group of people in the same political party. In that case money could be taken from each (or certain) members.
  • Half of points invested in country could be spend on buying new point property in this country.
  • Mayor/Governor/Presidential seats will be distributed between party members according to the application of the party’s leader.
  • Basic cost including 5% bonus to the quality of goods produced in the new country (Make it realistic, for example milk only in small Alps countries, etc). This bonus can get only countries with population of 500 000 people and more.
  • Resourses. The majority of small countries can’t brag about rich resources but many of them have some life, bananas are growing and fish playing around. Therefore in countries which have population from 100 000 one resource can be found, in countries with more then 500 000 people – two resources and in countries with more than 1 million people – 3 different resources. Resourses can get only countries with population of 100 000 people and more.
  • Awards. Party’s leader (or another person if party’s leader agrees) will get an award of a country discoverer and awards for each city in the country without bonuses.
  • New country will have a minimum one city (the official capital) and all cities with population more then 50 000 people. Additional payments for those cities ARE NOT NEEDED.

EXAMPLE OF A NEW COUNTRY
To build a new country – Cyprus with population of 858 000 people you going to need 1000 points.
- It includes building of four cities:
Limassol (101,000)
Ctrovolos (67,900)
Nicosia (55,000)
Larnaka (51,000)

- Party’s leader can determine where to invest half of points spent on country (on what property). For example you can take 250 points villa in the capital.
- This country might get a permanent quality bonus to goods produced there, for example +5% quality for famous Cypriot wine
- Two recourses can be added, let’s say it would be Fruits and Fish
- All party members will have a 50% discount on all fruit farms and fish bases in the country until September 30th (Thru the application from party’s leader)

All additional conditions can be discussed in private manner. If you have a question, write a private message to diska.   

• Page:
Message list:  

7.08.2015, 18:37

Last time edited : 7.08.2015, 18:39

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

Awesome initiative Diska! +100!

Too bad there aren't enough Portuguese players to pay 3250 points :'( 

7.08.2015, 18:41

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Great! It would be fun if someone sponsors Belgium, since they have great beer!To you

Only a shame about the costs, I guess only the veterans can afford to sponsor a city/country. 

7.08.2015, 21:06

Last time edited : 7.08.2015, 21:06

Sulaco
Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Week of perfect Service The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
l:
Weyland-Yutani Corporation
n:
EDEN Corporation
m:
Weyland-Yutani Corporation

This is awesome Very we!

Just need 3244 more points to build my country 
"Building better worlds"

7.08.2015, 22:38

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

As it says in topic,
We have to mention that we don’t expecting from someone to build India or China
so buildings countries is for Monaco, Malta, etc. Portugal and Belgium may (and probably will) be added for free in future

Concentrate on cities guys, 50% discount on point property is a great bonus Cheerfully 

7.08.2015, 23:39

Last time edited : 7.08.2015, 23:57

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

$230.- for Andorra, well I'll think about it To you But I don't think Andorra is big enough to contain any natural resourceVery we!

50% discount on point property is great, it's already worth it if you want a 40+ points property in a poor country. So starting a city might be quite lucrative indeed.

Would it also be possible to allow co-sponsors for a particular city you like to start? I can imagine that some people are willing to partially help funding someone's city, especially in the richer countries. 

8.08.2015, 08:24

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

Switzerland, 3.000 points? Italy, 16.000? Portugal, 3.500? Vatican City? Naa, too small for 300 points...

Donation can be accepted only from one person, a founder of the city

Too much for a single player. To you 63 billion are not enough for a city.

Applications are accepted until September 31th

If this were a permanent feature instead of having a deadline, I'm sure everyone would love it. 

8.08.2015, 16:24

Last time edited : 8.08.2015, 16:25

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Yea... I'm out.

Too expensive, get very little out.

I got more from my little payout in the other competition then I could ever with this one...

Edit: just for Canada and major cities I'm looking at prob half my years wages... 

10.08.2015, 21:07

Seawerst
Merit for the Italy of level III Nine years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
Nine years with Virtonomics The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods
m:
Infotech2003

Just to be sure I understand well, since this post is a translation. In the example they give a 2400 billion city in Greece so it's $2 400 000 000 000 ?
So only at most 20 people in Mary can pay that? and like 15 in Lien 

10.08.2015, 21:43

TyStuFF

Yes, it's awfully expensiveTo you

It's only an interesting option for people who has some cash and points laying around, to get point property at a discounted rate. I guess only a few can afford building a city in the most expensive regions, but I don't expect that to happen quite quickly.

Maybe interesting to know:
If for some reason you don't want corn just in Mexico or USA, they can implement it in a city you start in another country where it's available in the real world as well. 

11.08.2015, 03:15

Last time edited : 11.08.2015, 03:22

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

So only at most 20 people in Mary can pay that? and like 15 in Lien
Yes

Wouldn't it be ridiculous if anyone could build his own city? Sure it's expensive

24 cities were buit last year on Vera and Olga, and there are much more rich players then here. Alhought TOP players of Mary and Lien can make even more money due to lower competition, so prices for cities might have been even higher then now

If 5-10 people build cities on Mary and Lien we can expect Summertime building-2016 and everyone will have a chance to earn 1 trillion until then.

I am building a city in Cuba (Vera realm) and i had to collect money the whole year Cheerfully 

11.08.2015, 20:10

Last time edited : 11.08.2015, 20:10

mihero
Seven years with Virtonomics Macedonian common amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I understand that... although in my opinion doing an event like that just to just 30 people seems like a waste of time. I would rather prefer that the administration will work either in improving the game or doing events that anyone can really participate. 

12.08.2015, 13:02

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

I just noticed a huge flaw in this event...

You have till Sept 30 to submit the cities application but you also only have till Sept 30 to use and abuse the 50% off bonus...

Further more the cities cost a range of 1-4 trillion base. Logically speaking a company should/would not risk such amounts unless it's guaranteed to make money in under ten years. My question is will a city which you have no say as to how it's set up, make you said money in ten game years?

Answer: not likely. So why invest?

Same thing with new countries. Actually they have edited the op since my post about Canada costing about half my salary irl...

500 points 250 could be used for paid services, 2 natural resources unlimited cities with min 50k people (10 cities).

Is it worth it?
250 points starting the country
250 points for paid properties
Gold for 500 points will give 15,300+- trillion at base quality 1 complexity 5. This means you are paying 30.6 million per person in that city at good price of 9000 ea unit.
Even with the added 50% off buying enterprises it's not really worth it.

All this is, is big players flashing their money if they wanted XD 

12.08.2015, 14:05

TyStuFF

gamerz300
So why invest?
It's only worth the investment if you want to buy state enterprises you're already planning to buy anyway.
For example you have 20 points, and want to buy a 40 points farm or something. You could buy VIRTs from the stock market to get the shortage, which would cost you 1.000B, that's basically the cheapest possible city; Or you buy the cheapest city and get your point property for just 20 points.

Besides, if you're being realistic there isn't any point property which is actually worth it, compared to current stock market prices for VIRTs. There are a lot of things valued odd, so this is one of it once again.

Also I don't think this is a "big players flashing their money" event. I play this game for less than a half year, and I'm seriously considering to build a city. It would be a serious challenge financially, but I'm sure I can handle it.

But I agree about starting countries, that it isn't very likely it's worth the money. In the cheapest possible country, they can't add any resources, so basically you only can get "useless" villa's. Bigger countries with resources is for people who actually invest regularly amounts of real cash into the game.

If anyone wants to help with crowd funding a city in a rich country, you may always send me a message. Even if you only want to sponsor 5-10% of the total price, by throwing some under priced goods or something, might make a huge difference. Another retail place to make some billions every month is always nice To you 

12.08.2015, 19:55

giekas
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Bronze amphora Common amphora of Heraklion
Thirteen years With Virtonomics Macedonian Silver amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Silver bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian standard coin
l:
20E12
m:
i.G33K

TyStuFF
...You could buy VIRTs from the stock market...

I can't find a link to this stock market in current edition of menus - please help Oops! 

12.08.2015, 20:09

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

giekas
TyStuFF
...You could buy VIRTs from the stock market...

I can't find a link to this stock market in current edition of menus - please help Oops!

Acess the VIRT link on your profile pic, name and cash. Check the bottom of the page. Enjoy. 

List of forums -> Main forum of the online business game "Virtonomics"-> Summertime building-2015

• Page: