Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Archive -> A suggestion on the business model

Promotions, partnerships, buying and selling businesses, products and services from business game entrepreneurs Virtonomics. Archive Forum.

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 1.12.2009, 00:40

Last time edited : 1.12.2009, 00:43

ArkaAP
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover

I am new to the game. Probably this was discussed a lot, but I'd like all the same to share my opinion.
This seem a very interesting game, and well mantained.
It is a shame that the more than 500.000 player publicized on the main page are there no more.
I won't play this game cause I do not believe it is worth the price asked, and I am not a young student withouth money either (I play other game online and I pay for them cause they ask  a reasonable fee).
The game is good, but more than 96 Euro/year is a lot of money for it!!
I suggest who is in charge here to check out other more profitable business model which work very well for web-game. Once and for all check the model of Hattrick (www.hattrick.org).
The choosed to guarantee a completely free game for all player assuring that these non-paying player could play,enjoy and also be competitive in the game.
They also offered a "supporter" package for people who like to play in order to have a better experience for the game. This package does not give who buy it serious advantages on the game but it certainly guarantee a better gaming experience. The package sell for 30 euro/year which is a very reasonable request.
If you buy it you have better graphics, no ads, more statistics than the other player, some automated tool (other player have not them but they can do the same thing in a manual way), some intersting social function (like ads, logo, press release....) and so on....

I would definitively play between 20 to 40 Euro year in order to play this game and have such a package.

finally let's do some math:

you had 500000 player (had you or not????) and I believe 20% of them would buy such a package this is 100.000 player, let's say you sell it for 20 Euro, this is 2 Milion Euro/year

now you have 2000 (?) player (going down) which pay 100 Euro....this is 200.000 Euro/year!!! (now....I bet 1 year from now you will have less than 1000 player and so on....)

Hope this was interesting, my trial period end in a few days....I will mantain this link and check in a while if who is in charge regained some wisdom and switched back the business model to a more acceptable one.

regards!   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.12.2009, 09:44

artillery77
Fourteen years with Virtonomics

Went on the player rankings.  They drop to 1 after 80 players.  The rankings stop at 397 players, most being 0's.  The 0's and 1's likely being free trial players.  Of the 80, most are still on their remaining points.  Assuming 50 stay and play, that's 5,000 EU a year, billed in small increments from around the world.  There's no way the venue can be profitable at this level.  I'm not sure how many were on a few months ago, but the ad revenue and piece revenue alone likely made it more.  It's been interesting to watch.  Who knows, a few months ago it probably could have sold for 500K-$1.5M.  Now...$250. 

List of forums -> Archive-> A suggestion on the business model

• Page: