Create your dream company in the global economic game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Archive -> Mistake

Promotions, partnerships, buying and selling businesses, products and services from business game entrepreneurs Virtonomics. Archive Forum.

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 19.10.2009, 14:51

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

I think you made huge mistake with this paying...there is almost nobody here today Not so i can't believe this is happening

Not so   

• Page:
Message list:  

19.10.2009, 21:05.     Subject: Mistake and dissapointment

sawasawa

Yes - today a lot of accounts seem to have just dissipated.

For those players/addicts of us who have chosen to stick around we are losing our suppliers and customers.

Others have predicted what the outcome could be, I hope not......
...but without competition how can the economy flourish....  

SAWASAWA 

19.10.2009, 21:49

NLBANK
Four years with Virtonomics

I agree, you cant be sure if your customer or suplier are there tomorrow.I play this only because I have around 100 day after that it is goodbye then. 

20.10.2009, 01:00

Ian68
Ten years with Virtonomics

Well the developers can't say that they were not warned.

Congratulations on destroying the market for your product! 

20.10.2009, 01:36

Streamyflipper

My company is clossed as well. Sorry for the people that where takinging product from me.

I dont have money to play it .

Maybe in the future when the remove the payment option.

See you later..

grzz
Rick

Streamyflipper 

20.10.2009, 05:22

Last time edited : 20.10.2009, 05:26

headgear14
Four years with Virtonomics

turkbostjan & sawasawa, i'm one of you guys customer. but it seems i only have 5 days after i wrote this message.
hope to see you guys in more incredible time and incredible places..
thanks for all the supplies and support Well

add my facebook: ilham gemilang
thank you

-ilhamgemilang-
InspireCorporation

(i feels sad when it comes to the missing of people who have played this game and love it soooo much.. Tears

20.10.2009, 05:30

balser

My company died today and I supplied almost 20% of the sweets and candy... haha 

20.10.2009, 21:16

Fizzymilkshake
Seven years with Virtonomics

And the developers/admin have been surprisingly quiet over this recently.  I think they might just be starting to realise they've killed their game.  Too bad, we did try telling them! 

26.10.2009, 12:22

dioniss1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
m:
Shuma Inc

Fizzymilkshake
And the developers/admin have been surprisingly quiet over this recently.  I think they might just be starting to realise they've killed their game.  Too bad, we did try telling them!

Funny one Well

I am just passing by. Wanted to see how things are working for the people who choice to stay and pay.
Its sad ... very sad. 

26.10.2009, 21:14

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

yes, it's very sad... Not so 

27.10.2009, 04:28

kavidyan
Silver Finnish Lion MBA diploma

Well... most of my suppliers gone. And now I have to start building factories to fill the void. I don't want to upset my customers and yet maintain the earlier quality. This is so bad... Not so 

12.11.2009, 13:08

Joshuawhelan

It isn't too bad; I paid a total of like 65p ($1) through my paypal at first, and now the little message thingy is gone telling me I have 14 days left, so I'm guessing it isn't too expensive. To you 

23.11.2009, 04:29

YanKoe
Thirteen years With Virtonomics
m:
Yks Industries

tbh... using 5 game points per month is sufficient to play and I can't understand how can anybody think that is THAT expensive to play a game they like. How many cokes or anything can you buy with this enormous money allowing you to play a whole month???
We have to understand it costs money to maintain servers online, internet band and to develop the game.

Buying big companies for a lot of game points is not required and also wasn't possible without using real money when the game was free.

My suggestion for the admin would be to allow selling game points to other players for game money instead of converting directly into cash. This way a player with big game cash could play without using real money and a player with low game cash could buy game points with real money and sell them for game cash. 

23.11.2009, 06:45

Mindwerkz
Five years with Virtonomics

Its not the money directly, its the lack of demand or purpose to spending the points.  I bought points when I first started, 20 bucks got me 40 points.  I spent slowly but spent my first 20 in the course of about one every few days.  The second I found out it was a pay system I have stopped spending points as it is no longer economical to do so and the drastic decrease in players means there is zero chance I will buy more.

Right now Im sitting on 20 points and will wait a good 3 more months, in addition to the 2 months I have already waited, to spend any more because 15 is the max you can spend at one time and get any credit for.  I find it very odd that this is a Russian game apparently run by Russians and yet they fell into the same trap that caused the stagnation and decline of Russia under controlled markets.  The reduced the demand, reduced the value, and reduced the customer base.  Some how in Russian economics this means you will make more money...

Open the markets, make everything able to be purchased with game money.  Get rid of the pay to play, and make the points worth buying.  Customers will come back and want to buy the points as they give a real advantage.  As others have said its amazing that a game about economics could have made such a stupid and backwards economic decision. 

23.11.2009, 11:44

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I think the change was what upset people the most, and the fact that some people don't have access to payment options.

If the game was started as pay to play there would have been a couple of posts about it and that would have pretty much been the end of it, nothing like what happened after changing from a "free" game.

I'm glad to see some constructive posts in the general forum again. You can bet if a free option gets added to the game again (which I still hope for) it will be due to the suggestions and support of constructive posts, not because people swear and become aggressive.

I think a larger player base is necessary for the long term enjoyment of the game, we just need a way to balance it to make it worthwhile for players to pay.

I agree the 90 day/15 point limit is restrictive. Instead of spending points when you want to, you wait to spend them when it is worthwhile. I also think state enterprise purchase needs an overhaul. We have a points cap and nothing to spend all our game cash on. Why not have occasional system auctions or change prices to include a lower number of points with game cash. 

23.11.2009, 22:24

Ralf
Three years with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics Santa Claus boots MBA diploma
l:
KarstadtQuelle AG

It seems to me that here soon will remain only Russian Well We pay on Olga pay on Vera and here bude to pay Well I play this game in year one..... and ready for it to pay Well 

List of forums -> Archive-> Mistake

• Page: