Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Archive -> It's not going very well for the players continuing..

Promotions, partnerships, buying and selling businesses, products and services from business game entrepreneurs Virtonomics. Archive Forum.

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 3.10.2009, 04:44

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

My company as well as many other company's are struggling! Many, many factories have closed down giving limited supplies.. now supplies are reaching higher prices. I as well as many others, cannot afford to increase prices, because we will lose buyers. How is this going to be resolved with the collapse of hundreds of crucial suppliers..   

• Page:
Message list:  

13.10.2009, 07:34

schanna

i have a 165 ticks worth of play left on my account. since the announcements i havent bothered to touch anything in my co. wonder how long before everything falls to bits. i dont mind paying - i already spent a fair amount so far. id spend more if the model was fair - it isnt. 

13.10.2009, 08:27

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I have found the new model is preventing me from spending points.

I have 172 days left, but since the maximum banked days (after initial changeover compensation) is 90, spending points within the next 3 months will be a waste... 

17.10.2009, 12:44

Streamyflipper

within 2 days I think a lot of active players are gone.

My account will be inactive within 2 days. I still like this game but I dont have money for this kind of games.

I hope that nobody is spending money as they will see collapse al the markets

Maybe the will wake up at the admin that they not making a good choice with this only payment option. 

17.10.2009, 19:26

Standard underwear Estonian bronze coin Four years with Virtonomics
Standard bed-clothing Bronze underwear Hockey skates Estonian bronze coin Steel Dumbbell of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011 participant Four years with Virtonomics Overall of the candidate of science Bronze Finnish Lion
MBA diploma Laboratory assistant’s overall

i allready feel the diference...i'm waiting day after tommorow, when the most people will stop playing :S 

17.10.2009, 19:50

Northstar13

I only have 2 days left then im outta here! Shame cos its a good game but those in charge have left me like so many with no other option. 

18.10.2009, 00:23.     Subject: Well, there's some deals

artillery77
Fourteen years with Virtonomics

The companies I can put up for sale are and the lowest price possible.  All products are selling for .01 except retail.  Have fun!

Laughing Cow Company 

18.10.2009, 00:36

Fizzymilkshake
Seven years with Virtonomics

I too will be out of here in 2 days time. However, I will not be selling my factories, stores etc. I shall close them.  If you sell them then players continuing will buy them at a reduced rate and supplies will remain the same.  If you want the chance of maybe getting this game back to a free version, then close your companies down.  Supplies will fall, so will players and hopefully the mistake made in the inflated charging system may be reversed.

I have very much enjoyed playing this game and will miss playing it, but I will not be forced into paying an inflated price for the game when it has already been pointed out how little will be received by those paying to continue playing.  

To those of you who remain, I wish you good luck, because I think you're going to need it as the player base declines sharply in the next three months. 

18.10.2009, 08:28.     Subject: new

Bolka
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

I just joined today, set up a start and got a feel of the game, then read the news on this forum.
Unfortunately it looks like this game is going down.
The learning curve is steep and abrupt, and as stated in this thread the game addresses a limited public. I was already a bit worried whether this game would be able to attract a critical mass of players who would pay 8.25 USD per month to play such a game, now I just realized that the cost is actually 18 USD per months...

While I do agree the price does not matter much between 1 and 10 USD per month to the user, 18 USD will definitely not work. Users still do compare what they get for their money in the same segment, and no MMO has a minimum 18USD monthly fee. All MMOs out there present a quality and features standard that is much, much higher than this game.
For 13 to 15 USD per month, current MMOs offer first class 3D clients to play, in-game 24h support, easily 10 times more content than this game, and .. a large and active player base.

Me, I am ready to pay 18 USD per month for a game I like for as long as I am enjoying myself, regardless of comparison with other games. But I doubt very much there is a critical mass of players who think the same, and without that the game will die. What I have seen in my first day of trial is an empty game (on Anna), I cannot find most raw materials on the market. 

20.10.2009, 18:34

Northstar13

Well my company has sadly now gone so thats its for me now. Im off to find another business game that doesnt extort money from its game players! 

23.10.2009, 07:25

Argazzmos
Six years with Virtonomics
Eight years with Virtonomics
m:
Argo

Dont panic, colleagues!
After this wave of decline remaining will only stronger Well
Northstar13, there are a lot of business games over Internet, but all games i seen is "strong non-user-friendly". 
oO

27.10.2009, 04:36

kavidyan
Silver Finnish Lion MBA diploma

Argo, as u know it's not easy to survive this downturn and not everyone can open their own mines and farms. 

27.10.2009, 15:15

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

At least mines and farms have an independant supplier.

Timber is player supplied only, and what there is is already ordered. Makes the book contest a little boring. 

List of forums -> Archive-> It's not going very well for the players continuing..

• Page: