Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Archive -> Can we change their minds?!??!?!

Promotions, partnerships, buying and selling businesses, products and services from business game entrepreneurs Virtonomics. Archive Forum.

Voting:  

Should Vertonomics remain a free to play game?

Voting duration:

Start: 1.10.2009, 05:18

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yes

- No

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 1.10.2009, 05:18

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Do you guys think we might be able to change the Administrators minds?? This is the first and only game that has grabbed my attention. I would hate to see it go down in such a hurry... As useless as a petition is... lets give it a try!!!   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.10.2009, 05:50

coffeeaddict
Seven years with Virtonomics

Oh, if only. I wish the administrators would also realize that financially, it's in their best interests too.

Nobody wants to play, let alone pay for, a game with no other players! Let alone an unfinished one covered in ads, regardless of how good it is. 

11.10.2009, 12:23.     Subject: Addicted as I am....

sawasawa

Hello,

This game is very addictive. As soon as your immediate strategy starts to take shape, there are new plans hatched and decisions to take...

The only hesitation I have is the over encouragement to pay for things.

You need to pay to play the game. I'm sure the game would be more successful if there was a possibility of playing for free but with some limitations. Other games implement this well. The Volvo Round The World Race Online game was free, but for a small charge of about 20 Euro you had the extra sails needed to be successful. Hundreds of thousands followed that game all the way round the world. That game even had school children from deprived areas playing. Teachers were teaching geography and trigonometry to their kids who had entered their boats to sail round the world. It made their lessons interesting.

I don't mind paying for extra features, but this game encourages you to pay a lot..... Each innovation costs a dollar or more. If you want to implement a few innovations for your different companies you need to start paying significant amounts of money. Some will be able to afford to pay no doubt..... If you want to buy a state owned enterprise also be prepared to fork out a significant outlay in cash.....

Maybe the game managers are targeting only affluent players, but what a pity for the opportunity to let students learning Business management practice what they are being taught.

SAWASAWA 

11.10.2009, 19:54

Fizzymilkshake
Seven years with Virtonomics

The people behind Virtonomics have made it very plain the only thing they care about with their customers is the fact that they should pay, and pay dearly.  They don't and won't listen to us, they've made that obvious by locking the thread of complaints/suggestions regarding the end of free play.  

This game is already on the fast track to obscurity.  I have enjoyed my time playing this game but since the announcement of the end of free play I have noticed the game is declining FAST.

Had the price not been set so high, then I might have considered paying to continue to play, but due to the blatant disregard for their customers, and total lack of effort in even trying to resolve the rising opposition to the charging scale, I now would not consider paying even one cent for this game.  There are far cheaper online games, where they not only listen to their customers, but take on board comments and suggestions.

I will wait until the end of free play, and then I shall leave Virtonomics as I know it won't be long until this game ends up in the cyberspace equivalent of a trashcan. 

13.10.2009, 20:23

Aphexas

They obviously dont understand that getting 1ct from millions of players is far better than getting few bucks from few thousands... 

12.11.2009, 13:11

Joshuawhelan

Like I said in a different post; I played a game which required subscription to keep playing. Then, they brought out free servers. Most people as you'd expect went to those, but then people wanted an advantage over everybody else, so everybody began buying ingame money to be richer.

Now; aswell as having alot of players on  at all times on different servers, it announced that it's making millions a year now, everybody is happy, and it's in-game economy is working better than ever. 

List of forums -> Archive-> Can we change their minds?!??!?!

• Page: