Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Archive -> Goodbye Fellas

Promotions, partnerships, buying and selling businesses, products and services from business game entrepreneurs Virtonomics. Archive Forum.

Voting:  

Are you going to stay in the game or not

Voting duration:

Start: 30.09.2009, 20:33

End date: Not specified

Voting continues
- Yes

- No

- I guess

You have not voted yet

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 30.09.2009, 20:33

Last time edited : 8.10.2009, 17:24

Rains

Now that the game is no longer free then its time to say our goodbye's with one another.

Other players may still have the luxury of playing this game with their RL money but i know that there plenty who can't/won't or are just free loaders..

Ohh well, i'll still stay here until the end of the free days.
But it will be sad to leave this wonderful game.

Best regards to all...   

• Page:
Message list:  

1.10.2009, 00:53

zendertje
Four years with Virtonomics Bronze Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
zendertje Industries

I'm sure they already made enough profit on only the game points :S too bad it has to be this way 

1.10.2009, 01:17

ManoNegra
MBA diploma

I like this game, but I'm afraid I won't spend more money. I agree with spend my money sometimes buying point and with them some services, but to pay for play, I disagree. Bad decission, goodbye Virto....... 

1.10.2009, 05:59

tymel

Funny how voting goes until 14 October, but game is not free after 5th October.........lol

I certainly won't pay to play, not with as many issues as this game has just updating alone......

Cheers all

Tymel 

1.10.2009, 07:01

ccm_tsang
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics

14 'free' days from Oct 5 = 19 Oct, which should then be the end for all non paying members if we haven't all left by then.

i spent a few points from 28 Sep, so maybe have a few more days after that.

thankyou Rains for doing the vote.  was thinking about doing that as well coz i'm interested.  

as you said in the main forum:

Rains
One more thing, if they have every1 paying into the game. Then what's the advantage of it for players?
Unlike the current stat.. Those rich RL players will have huge advantage on using their RL money. But if all of you pays then its like playing right now against those players not paying up for points.

The advantage of using your RL money in the game is to increase your stat. for a much enjoyable gaming.
AND if everyone pays then its like playing a free game without any donations / RL cash purchases.

Where's the advantage for your RL cash? (Your RL dollar purchasing power is much lower than what it is now if they implement this new rule.)

and yes, with a lot less players, the game will not be enjoyable.  finding suppliers would be a problem to start

too bad, really.  was getting the hang of the game and started to test out/implement a strategy.. 

1.10.2009, 21:02

zendertje
Four years with Virtonomics Bronze Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
zendertje Industries

this will make Vitronomics Die R.I.P. too bad a great game has to die this way

a Few Players -> No Suppliers -> No Factories Running -> No Fun -> R.I.P. Virtonomics

they are killing theirself with this Tears 

1.10.2009, 23:05

coffeeaddict
Seven years with Virtonomics

On the bright side, the air in Virtonomics World will be far less polluted! No factories, mines, sawmills, big evil corporations - it's every environmentalist's dream!

Isn't it kind of funny, how in an economic game, the developers can make such a dumb financial decision? 

2.10.2009, 09:23

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

I have not voted yet and I don't think I will. I want more information before I decide. 

2.10.2009, 13:06

Rains

lol...

I guess we are now the pollutants. And the only way to wash us out is to have us pay for a ticket inside neverland..
Once your inside, everyone's the same. They've got cool mines same as you do and some other stuff same as you do.
So in order to have an advantage over / in order to have a much more higher quality, you need to pay more as to make yourself stand out against every1 else.

I hope we'll get more informations soon from their end(like in 3 more days) coz. We have all been shouting out on our end. 

2.10.2009, 18:05

fozlulkarim

its nice playing this game.... but i aint paying for this game...

btw what gonna happen to our company....  i mean after 5th october...

what i think that.. our comapny will be still be working and i dont think it will be a problem with the Paid players.. because only we r moving out... our companies will produce  on its own and the selling and purchasing will be normal unless we dont delete our companies before we leave.

only then there willl be a huge impact or else i dnt think there will be much problem.. come on guys roll on ur ideas so that we can do something about it.

F**k i dnt even feel like saying cheers now :-( 

2.10.2009, 18:25

MEN
Six years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
MEN Ltd.
n:
Men S. V. Ltd.
m:
MEN Ltd.

http://virtonomics.com/mary/forum/forum_new/11/topic/27759/view ...  

2.10.2009, 20:24

Rains

The response was good but its not easy(i'm not an english native person). I had to ask ppl. for ideas on what they understood about the post.

Anyway for me: [or as of what i understood from reading the post (3 times) + the idea given from one of responder from that thread]
-The cost of just attracting/inviting new players (advertising expenses which is just a small percentage of the whole expense of the project) could not even be suffice by the amount of money they get from the players.

So if you come to think of it, that advertising a free product is not as productive / is difficult to attract players(due to its design or game play). How much more if the product is not free?
Do you think a new player will be willing to play the game knowing that it is a pay to play game(not free)?

You said it yourself that it is not just speculative, but is also statistically supported fact that 85% of ppl. from your research opted for free games...

MY point is, if you loose us (non - paying active players). Who then would advertise or even help educate your new potential paying customers/players?

Side note:
I hated not seeing who's online during my time of play especially here in the forums. I strongly suggest you put a marker/note/icon or whatever as to signify that the player is either online or offline, on his profile/office tabs/window or even near his Avatar here in the forums. Good for those Russian players, you've got a chat room to run unto in case you wanted to ask something or just hangout here in this game. But for us, not Russian players, we had to see empty chat room. 

2.10.2009, 20:50

hafeezi
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics
l:
Ali Amat A. Ltd.

Yes I would agree with you on that part, except that the chances of people staying will greater if the trial period is given longer. Like lets say you get to play it for free for about a month or so. For some people, maybe they wouldn't even bother registering and trying it out knowing that it is free, but some people may get really curious and try it out anyways. Besides, what harm is there for playing something for free for a month? After a month or so, they can just stop playing. Or they can love the game so much, they'll think that they will want to convert into a paying customer. It is kinda like you started to do something, and eventually you get so addicted to it.

Although for the second option to work, you really need to convince the players, that it is worthwhile to pay that extra dollars just to continue playing. Good publicity, credible testimonials, and a strong support group would be a real driving force to convincing people to stay and pay up.

I would also agree that losing the non-paying active players would be a waste as majority of us are potential marketing medium. Referrals is a strong marketing tool that we non-paying active players can do to help provide publicity for the game. Only trouble here is that the '100 friends' plan must be those who are willing to pay up.  That's why I'm hoping that the trial period gets extended to at least 30 days. So that there will be ample time to teach them the basics of the game and also in the end convince them to convert into a paying player.

14 days is still too short for beginners. 

2.10.2009, 20:57

MEN
Six years with Virtonomics
l:
MEN Ltd.
n:
Men S. V. Ltd.
m:
MEN Ltd.

Maybe you're right. We think about the extension of the demonstration mode 

2.10.2009, 21:12

Last time edited : 2.10.2009, 21:20

hafeezi
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics
l:
Ali Amat A. Ltd.

Oh right, I forgot to mention, the other reason behind extending the trial period.

The game at this moment in time, updates once a day. So like for a 14 day trial period, a player can only be able to go through 14 updates. It takes 3 updates for product to get produced, delivered, and then sold. So like for a full chain of events from starting something to finally getting feedback on what happened after that already takes so long. After 14 updates, you still won't be able to see satisfying results of whatever work you have done for your enterprise in the game. Worst is that even after 14 updates, you haven't seen iff are you gonna go bankrupt or not.

Unless the team is thinking of changing the frequency of updates from once a day to twice or three times a day?

Thanks for reading. 

3.10.2009, 07:37

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

hafeezi brought up a good point about the 14 day trial.
Even with the faq and helpfiles being incomplete there is still a lot to digest. To read through it all and apply it would take days. To see the results of the application also takes days. Then if you need/want to change something it is still more days.

In my opinion 14 days isn't enough time to let people see the games true potential. 

List of forums -> Archive-> Goodbye Fellas

• Page: