Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Archive -> Virtonomics gives up a free-to-play model

Promotions, partnerships, buying and selling businesses, products and services from business game entrepreneurs Virtonomics. Archive Forum.

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 30.09.2009, 17:59

Last time edited : 8.10.2009, 17:23

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

Dear players!

Starting from October 5, 2009 Virtonomics won’t be free-to-play any more. The new game model will be Shareware, which means that free playing will be possible for 14 days only.

There will be 2 options provided for Virtonomics players:

1. Subscribers game – “Anna” realm has been opened on September 29, 2009. (Here are the regulations of Subscribers realm).
- all enterprises and game functions (except for decorative, like office decoration) are free
- game situation updates require payment
- the minimum cost of monthly subscription is  $8.25 (in case if purchase the whole year)

2. Game with obligatory minimum payment for services – “Mary ” realm (Here are the regulations of Shareware realm.)
- game updates function is provided in addition to purchased game services
- 1 game point spent by the player for any kind of game needs will ensure 6 full-scale game updates (but no more than 90 in total). It means that every player must spend at least 5 game points per month to ensure himself a normal game process
- the player can choose any kind of services or enterprises to spend game points required for game update
There will be two different game modes: Demo mode (DM) and Full mode (FM)

I. Regulations of DM
a) For 14 days starting from the moment of registration, the player can play the game in demo mode for free;
b) Every time the player spends game points, it will change his mode from DM to FM for 6xP (P = number of spent game points). However, the total duration of paid period can not exceed 90 game updates. The rest of unspent free period will be added to the duration of FM, when the player switches from DM to FM;
c) When the player loses his DM status, he keeps all his actives, qualifications, achievments, etc.;
d) Every new expenditure of game points will add to FD duration 6xP updates. However, the total duration of paid period can not exceed 90 updates;
e) In case if after 14 days of DM the player didn't switch to FM, his game character will be expelled from the realm;
f) The DM companies have following restrictions:
- it is forbidden to take part in competitions and promo-actions of the realm;
- it is forbidden to use massive messaging function.
g) The restart will return 14-days DM period back to the very beginning;
h) Registration in the game is only possible after e-mail confirmation.

II. Procedure of FM conclusion
a) In case if the comapny officially goes bankrupt, it WILL NOT disable the rest of the utilization regulations;
b) 10 and 5 days before the end of paid period, the player will receive a notification;
c) After the first non-payment, the company will be "frozen":
- all the workers will be set on vacation;
- advertising campaigns will be suspended;
- sales of all enterprises will be cancelled (except for auctions);
- all the market offers on technologies and licenses will be cancelled;
- all the market requests for licenses will be cancelled;
- all the offers for goods sale will be closed;
- all the contracts will be zeroed.
The player will receive a notification, his access to company will be partially blocked;
d) After 5 unpaid updates, the company will be ultimately terminated - the contracts will be cancelled;
e) After 90 unpaid updates, the game character will be expelled from the realm;;
f) The restart will return all the counters back to zero, and bring the company to the regular 14-days DM..

III. Procedure of switching to the new system
a) Counters of DM and FM will be activated on October 5;
b) All players registered before 28.09.09 , who had spent game points, will automatically get a paid period of 6xP updates (P – number of spent game points) and a 14-day bonus. However, the total duration of paid period in FM can not exceed 180 updates;
c) The players without any spent game points, will also be switched into DM, their assets won’t change.

IV. Other changes, related to the new game model
a) First payment bonus is cancelled;
b) Restart in FM will bring the player back to the step of company creaction, without any restrictions on the validiy of FM. The player will get back half of game points, spent for qualification, in form of undistributed points, which can be spent on qualification growth ONLY;
c) It is forbidden to post any kind of announcements about credits, sponsoring funds etc., as well as requests for credit. Credit-related announcements will be deleted, their author will receive a warning. Violators can be blocked or expelled from the game;
d) VIRTs and bonus points (gained as a prize in competition, etc.) are equal to paid points, and therefore can be used for Full Mode prolongation.

V. The expected modifications
1. Within the nearest 180 updates (until the end of November) some modifications in qualification system will be implemented. Besides, we’ll introduce a system of several characters amalgamation (subject to they belong to the same player).
2. In future we’ll introduce non-manufacturing business industry.

Best regards, Virtonomics Adminstration   

Message list:  

5.10.2009, 18:59

Ian68
Ten years with Virtonomics

Many of us have made it perfectly clear that we have read you explanation. We have also made it clear that your explanation is lacking in two major areas:

It does not explain how you have so badly failed to understand what type of people currently form the majority of your users.

It does not explain why you are charging so much higher than the typical market rate for online games.

Another online business game has been mentioned by several people in this thread. The cost of being a paying player on that game is between $3.30 a month and $3.99 a month depending on the payment option you choose, and yet they are still able to offer a free play mode that is limited by features and not by time. 

5.10.2009, 21:41

Fizzymilkshake
Seven years with Virtonomics

JuleBCN
We try our best to explain to you why we do this and this. It's up to you weather you read this or not=)

Frankly I don't like the attitude displayed in the above quote.  We have read your explanation and from the sounds of your answer above we are expected to not only understand it but to accept it without question.

You have failed to listen to us, your players.  We have given you our views but not only have you failed to respond to a lot of valid points and questions raised, you are making it plain that you really don't care what your players want, your minds are made up and that is that, and nothing is open to negotiations.

Not only was your explanation too lengthy - a lot of words do not constitute a good explanation - you really need to get a grasp of written English if you are wanting to attract the United States and the United Kingdom.  By the way, in your above quote the word you needed was 'whether' not 'weather'.  May I suggest you try an online translator - most of them are FREE!

You really are failing to see the point that this game is only as successful as we, the players, make it.  Without us, this game dies, and your players are clearly saying to you to keep the free play option or we're gone. 

5.10.2009, 22:11.     Subject: What is your Plan B?

Masakaos

I agree with the above... but like to put it more diplomatic:

Yes we understand the problem of the Virtonomics team
Yes we understand that you should not invest money for this game, but also like a payback
Yes we understand that we have to pay to continue playing

We only have one NO: we will not pay.
We also have multiple reasons for not wanting to pay, which we are sure you understand.

To break this stand-off and repetitive forum messages, many players want to negotiate and are looking for your Plan B. You want us to stay - we want a free option for playing this game. Where do we meet?

If you can not negotiate or do not want to, just let us know... we will stop taunting you guys To you

We are not looking for explanations; only for a solution (if any). Let's work together and get a solution for both our benefit!

Thanks in advance for your upright response! 

5.10.2009, 23:06

coffeeaddict
Seven years with Virtonomics

You've damaged your customer's trust so much, now even the paying players won't pay.

Can you see the realm crashing down around you? Wake up, administrators!
Not so 

5.10.2009, 23:08

clone_1
Four years with Virtonomics

People, just try to google something like >simu nomics com
or maybe something other.

---
Regards, Eugeny, K and K Corp. in past. 

6.10.2009, 00:27

Last time edited : 6.10.2009, 00:41

cipetonk
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

try bbgsite.com to look for similiar games

i've moved to ikopitiam.com, it's fun and free Very we! 

6.10.2009, 06:03

Last time edited : 6.10.2009, 06:07

Golddisk
Twelve years with Virtonomics

I'm strongly advising a boycott vs. the Virtonomic Game.

Why? Simple listen to what they say, and obviously, as you can see they do NOT care about you, the customer.

We try our best to explain to you why we do this and this. It's up to you weather you read this or not=)

It's sad, when teenagers and younger adults understand running a business and whatnot better than some people who went to college for it and are trying to run a game based of the economy.

Oh, by the way, before you convert a game over from one language to another, make sure you've translated every thing. Your worrying about the wrong priories first. There's many areas where the text is still in Russian and your English players cannot read it.

To your admin team, and every one who works for this game: You might as well give your Two weeks notice. Soon their won't be any money left to pay you with! 

6.10.2009, 06:13.     Subject: wow..

globeballa
Nine years with Virtonomics
Ten years with Virtonomics
l:
Investors Corporation

Golddisk... I disagree with your comments. The explanation that they gave us is valid. It also has it's flaws. These guys are NOT your servants. I completely agree with the comment made  by the admin about whether or not you want to read it. It's right there. I also want to see virtonomics free. But bashing the admins will definately not get anything done. And quite frankly, if your offended by a little "attitude"... your going to have problems in life pal.... 

6.10.2009, 07:42

Rains

my final card for this game:

Admin must create a new realm with the ff:

1.) EVERY PLAYER Pay $10 dollars and play for 1 year. The player gets in the game for 1 year and will have 10 points
2.) To help advertise or get this game populated, Every player who've manage to invite/refer into the game will earn 2 points. So all players will earn a 2 points for inviting 1 player into the game.
3.) Player can purchase $1 = 1 point.. Player has the right to transfer his points to other players with no restrains what so ever.
4.)Technology/Labs are going to be government owned. To increase your technology, you'll need a point. Players must invite more ppl. to get (2)points every referral.

Admins. must understand and let gamers do their job of inviting other ppl. to join fun/compete against each other in this game. While Admins. does their job to keep the game more interesting than ever.

Gamers do their favorite job of finding ppl. to play and have fun with makes them happy to compete with their invited friends or newly found ones.

Admins must do your job of coding new stuff. You may even let players earn brand points if they increase/progress their offices with new decors that can only be bought by points.

You could also add a feature that a player can buy those decors with huge amount of Virtonomics money.

Admins must create more interesting point driven goods to compete with while players must find more players to earn points and to have fun/compete with.

SO over all,
Admins gets $ in exchange for giving points .. Points give advantage for players in the game world.. Players can earn more points if they invite more to get into this game.. 

6.10.2009, 08:10

Mike1
Eleven years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics
Основатель г.Парауапебас Thirteen years With Virtonomics Founder of Badagri Founder of Acharnes Coupe du Monde Russia soccer ball Portugal soccer ball Belgium soccer ball
Croatia soccer ball Argentina soccer ball Brazil soccer ball France soccer ball Swedish profile Ingvar Kamprad Order Biology teacher Biology teacher
Biology teacher Biology teacher History teacher Physics teacher Literature teacher Ladybug Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten
Silver Ten Founder of Peristeri Founder of Osogbo Golden hook V sign V sign V sign Single corporate chevron
Mandarin duck For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Jalingo Founder of the city Lafia The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places
The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places
The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places
World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner
World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner World Cuisines, the winner Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places
Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, II-III places Shagreen, the winner
Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Founder of the city Enugu
Egyptian nemes Japanese hat - kasa Founder of Piraeus city Russian ball Brazilian ball Ball of Netherlands Ball of Argentina German ball
Macedonian Golden amphora Common amphora of Heraklion Cocktail Suitcase Air passage Rubber ring Apollo in nephritis Doomsday Calendar
Ritual Drum Shamanic Mohawk Mayan Jade Mask Standard bed-clothing Standard underwear Hockey skates Estonian standard coin Cast-iron Weight of the Mr. Virtonomics 2011
Astronaut helmet Princely mansion Landowner Leader in technologies
m:
Mico Inc

Golddisk, Rain, hasn't by now the developer's position become clear to everyone?

For the record, those who paid some money (like me) got up to 180 days of free gaming. Even though the conversion was unexpected and annoying, its a financially fair offer.

I still think its an unfortunate and short-sighted decision BUT you can't force a business owner to do things against their will. The decision is entirely up to those who spend the resources to develop something and trying to make a living out of it. Would you go demonstrate and call for boycott at the doors of a club or restaurant coz they won't let you in / serve you for free?  

Its a pitty that not everything in the world is free but thats just how it is and there's no point wasting life by wining about things we can't change.

Once everything is visible clearly and realistic, we find there's still one 100% free option it will SAVE time and money: just don't login anymore.

"Don't worry, be happy" To wink 

6.10.2009, 09:54

Graq

Actually I have to thank Virtonomics for helping me decide to move back to Eve-online for $15 a month (3 years ago it was too expensive for me Ridiculously)

Not only did they update the market and trade systems--there is a lot of new opportunities in the production environment.

I stuck around because this game does offer more in the line of what I'm interested in--but since it seems there is no compromise--I guess it's time to move on to better things... 

6.10.2009, 10:39

Last time edited : 6.10.2009, 10:40

z654123

I am proud to have not paid a single dollar for a game ... Now I have only 25 days before the closure of the firm. Pay the monthly fee I do not intend to, it is better to buy something for fishing or buy beer for this money. So I have to leave the game and I wish you all good luck. 

6.10.2009, 10:54

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

Masakaos raises a good point, the game admins and the players both want the same thing. We want to play, they want us to play. It is not "Us VS Them" like some people are making it out to be. All the negative posts about how everyone will leave and the game will disappear are not helpful at all. Take a leaf from Rains' book and try to make your comments constructive.

A little more food for thought:
I've seen a lot of posts about how the players know more about economics than the game creators/management. I haven't seen much evidence of this lately.
These people have created a product to sell as a business, it is not a hobby. They need a return from it (on top of the expenses), or it is not worthwhile for them to continue selling it.
How many players in the game would keep an enterprise that consistently loses money?
How can you expect someone else to? 

6.10.2009, 11:09

Graq

Sure!

You go into a business and expect people to pay for your product on the grounds that they feel sorry for you? You are correct--Virtonomics is not into the charity business.

I give this to the Virtonomics team--they are willing to face the heat of the real competitive gaming market out there as pay-ahellofalot-to-play puts them in a different bracket alltogether. Good luck to them.

At least we still have a choice as consumers on how to spend our cash the way we want to, on products that returns adequate value for money...

Now I said enough. Please delete my goddamn account! 

6.10.2009, 12:00.     Subject: Pretty bad for business

kavidyan
Silver Finnish Lion MBA diploma

I would say this is pretty bad for business in virtual or real world. I think some gamers decided what to do and there are plenty of inconsistent supplies for days to come if not months. I hope in the meantime the developer can do something to fill up the void created by the players who left in order to protect those who stayed. Luckily or otherwise, I still have some points left to be spent and I hope my company wouldn't fail before I finished all my points. After all, there is no fun playing this game with only a few big players left. 

List of forums -> Archive-> Virtonomics gives up a free-to-play model