Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Archive -> Virtonomics gives up a free-to-play model

Promotions, partnerships, buying and selling businesses, products and services from business game entrepreneurs Virtonomics. Archive Forum.

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 30.09.2009, 17:59

Last time edited : 8.10.2009, 17:23

diska
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Beauty set King of the Fields Citronom Virtonomics Philanthropist 1st class Shagreen, VII-XV places Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons The winner of the Breadwinner nomination of the Industry Competition
The winner of the Standard of Virtonomics nomination of the Industry Competition Planter
Holmes Pipe Dynamite Belgian chevron Jewelry Loupe Beauty set Perfume Dentist Sicilian olive
Italy Gold Italy Gold Shagreen, VII-XV places Six years with Virtonomics Fishing Pro Princely mansion Planter Landowner
Miner Helmet Award for helping other players
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Jewelry Loupe Beauty set King of the Fields King of the Fields Golden hook Golden hook Sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons
Magical bonsai MBA diploma
One year with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Bronze bed-clothing Bronze underwear Estonian silver coin
l:
cnJDS
n:
Flaj Cokotlaj
m:
JDS
a:
Anna Ltd.

Dear players!

Starting from October 5, 2009 Virtonomics won’t be free-to-play any more. The new game model will be Shareware, which means that free playing will be possible for 14 days only.

There will be 2 options provided for Virtonomics players:

1. Subscribers game – “Anna” realm has been opened on September 29, 2009. (Here are the regulations of Subscribers realm).
- all enterprises and game functions (except for decorative, like office decoration) are free
- game situation updates require payment
- the minimum cost of monthly subscription is  $8.25 (in case if purchase the whole year)

2. Game with obligatory minimum payment for services – “Mary ” realm (Here are the regulations of Shareware realm.)
- game updates function is provided in addition to purchased game services
- 1 game point spent by the player for any kind of game needs will ensure 6 full-scale game updates (but no more than 90 in total). It means that every player must spend at least 5 game points per month to ensure himself a normal game process
- the player can choose any kind of services or enterprises to spend game points required for game update
There will be two different game modes: Demo mode (DM) and Full mode (FM)

I. Regulations of DM
a) For 14 days starting from the moment of registration, the player can play the game in demo mode for free;
b) Every time the player spends game points, it will change his mode from DM to FM for 6xP (P = number of spent game points). However, the total duration of paid period can not exceed 90 game updates. The rest of unspent free period will be added to the duration of FM, when the player switches from DM to FM;
c) When the player loses his DM status, he keeps all his actives, qualifications, achievments, etc.;
d) Every new expenditure of game points will add to FD duration 6xP updates. However, the total duration of paid period can not exceed 90 updates;
e) In case if after 14 days of DM the player didn't switch to FM, his game character will be expelled from the realm;
f) The DM companies have following restrictions:
- it is forbidden to take part in competitions and promo-actions of the realm;
- it is forbidden to use massive messaging function.
g) The restart will return 14-days DM period back to the very beginning;
h) Registration in the game is only possible after e-mail confirmation.

II. Procedure of FM conclusion
a) In case if the comapny officially goes bankrupt, it WILL NOT disable the rest of the utilization regulations;
b) 10 and 5 days before the end of paid period, the player will receive a notification;
c) After the first non-payment, the company will be "frozen":
- all the workers will be set on vacation;
- advertising campaigns will be suspended;
- sales of all enterprises will be cancelled (except for auctions);
- all the market offers on technologies and licenses will be cancelled;
- all the market requests for licenses will be cancelled;
- all the offers for goods sale will be closed;
- all the contracts will be zeroed.
The player will receive a notification, his access to company will be partially blocked;
d) After 5 unpaid updates, the company will be ultimately terminated - the contracts will be cancelled;
e) After 90 unpaid updates, the game character will be expelled from the realm;;
f) The restart will return all the counters back to zero, and bring the company to the regular 14-days DM..

III. Procedure of switching to the new system
a) Counters of DM and FM will be activated on October 5;
b) All players registered before 28.09.09 , who had spent game points, will automatically get a paid period of 6xP updates (P – number of spent game points) and a 14-day bonus. However, the total duration of paid period in FM can not exceed 180 updates;
c) The players without any spent game points, will also be switched into DM, their assets won’t change.

IV. Other changes, related to the new game model
a) First payment bonus is cancelled;
b) Restart in FM will bring the player back to the step of company creaction, without any restrictions on the validiy of FM. The player will get back half of game points, spent for qualification, in form of undistributed points, which can be spent on qualification growth ONLY;
c) It is forbidden to post any kind of announcements about credits, sponsoring funds etc., as well as requests for credit. Credit-related announcements will be deleted, their author will receive a warning. Violators can be blocked or expelled from the game;
d) VIRTs and bonus points (gained as a prize in competition, etc.) are equal to paid points, and therefore can be used for Full Mode prolongation.

V. The expected modifications
1. Within the nearest 180 updates (until the end of November) some modifications in qualification system will be implemented. Besides, we’ll introduce a system of several characters amalgamation (subject to they belong to the same player).
2. In future we’ll introduce non-manufacturing business industry.

Best regards, Virtonomics Adminstration   

Message list:  

30.09.2009, 18:44

cipetonk
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

this is not good 

30.09.2009, 18:48

Skoucail
Four years with Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
Skoucail International
m:
Skoucail Ltd.

Very sad news... i realy liked this game 

30.09.2009, 18:51

cipetonk
Thirteen years With Virtonomics

say goodbye to virtonomics Not so 

30.09.2009, 19:00

msmth82

Well it was fun while it lasted, but I definitely wouldn't pay $8.25 a month for it. The game still needs a lot more polishing and improved stability before I would be willing to pay anything for it. 

30.09.2009, 19:10

keyboard123

8.25 a month is an absolutely ridiculous price for a game as unfinished as this.

I assume that all game points purchased in so far will count towards staying on.
Also, you really should be giving much much much more notice than this. A month at least. 

30.09.2009, 19:39

iahim_ysm

8.25 $ per a month is too much. There will be a lot of players that will quit this game. It is a lovely game but it's too much. Why do you don't look for any other way to support the game ? 

30.09.2009, 19:41

dutchdetail

ByeBye 

30.09.2009, 19:56

stna

$8.25 in case if purchase the whole year
and $18 in case if purchase one month 

30.09.2009, 19:57

Fizzymilkshake
Seven years with Virtonomics

I will be sorry to stop playing this game, but stop playing I WILL.  No way am I prepared to pay $8.25 a month to play.  There are other ways this site could make money, increased advertising on the site for example.  I admit I wouldn't like to be swamped with adverts but would rather than than pay the extortionate amount being asked in order to continue playing.  

It's been fun while it lasted but I think this is the end of the line for this site as I can't see many people paying to continue.  There is a saying in the UK 'A fool and their money are soon parted' and you'd have to be a fool to pay $8.25 a month! 

30.09.2009, 20:04

Ian68
Ten years with Virtonomics

The administrators of this game obviously don't have as good a grasp of economics as the players. These prices are many times higher than you pay for other online games. 

30.09.2009, 20:28.     Subject: I'm not paying, good bye.

Royleking

sorry but good bye.

Don't tell me that with the 500000 people you have in the game you are not making money!!!! 

30.09.2009, 20:31.     Subject: Byee

Pippin

Sad news. I'm off. Byee.

Pips 

30.09.2009, 20:44

Jakeroberts_123

It looks to me like only a few of the top players (the keeno's) will bother to carry on playing. I will perhaps stay on the mary realm and would i be right in assuming i will get another 90 days at least free play from my game points? Plus this is too short notice, i shoild really get 6 x however many game points i've bought not just up to 90. 

30.09.2009, 20:46

ki1986
Eleven years with Virtonomics

ahh well, good while it lasted. i cant help but feel the money i did pay is now wasted.

I liked the idea of paying when i needed to. But im sure i can find something else to take up my time. 

30.09.2009, 20:56

MegaMogul
Eight years with Virtonomics MBA diploma

Do we get credit for points already bought? I am sure that I have bought way more points than 90 days worth, but I'm not sure that I even get the 90 days with this setup. Someone please advise and whether previous payments count toward full mode and if so, how long? 

List of forums -> Archive-> Virtonomics gives up a free-to-play model