Create your dream company in the global economic game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Archive -> Fraudsters are stealing from all of us and Virto!!!!

Promotions, partnerships, buying and selling businesses, products and services from business game entrepreneurs Virtonomics. Archive Forum.

Topic:

Topic closed

Topic created : 28.05.2010, 08:36

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

There are several players cheating and stealing from the game and from the other legitimate players registering clone accounts to steal the Virts from other players by entering contests etc a 2nd time. Other thigns are happening too that I will not mention. Even several high level players. This is very obviously happening on a number of occasions. These players need to be permenantly banned or the integrity of this game as a whole is in the toilet.

Anyone noticing this, do not post the names here but let me know via email in game your evidence and or let the admins know. These players are nothing but cheap petty honorless criminals who are stealing from all of us. We need to weed them out and have their Ips banned for good. We also need to have them charged with theft and fraud.

Admins, what is your policy about protecting the game, the community, and other players from these kinds of pathetic lifeless moralless fraudsters? We should also have a wall of shame that links their personal details and facebook address so that anyone searching these people online will come up with this information how they steal from other people. This is a MUST for basic justice. These people are STEALING it is theft and a CRIME. Their local authorities should also be notified and their personal information and names and address etc passed on to their local police so they can be prosecuted. This is a SERIOUS matter and the community needs to be protected.

We need to take a stand against these SCUM OF THE EARTH lowlifes. It is NOT acceptable to let people steal and get away with it.    

• Page:
Message list:  

28.05.2010, 11:23

warfreak
Overall of the candidate of science Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Unless you back up this with some proof, it is just an accusation at people. 

28.05.2010, 13:11

Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics
Four years with Virtonomics Golden Finnish Lion Golden Finnish Lion MBA diploma
m:
Company 2.0

It is because of the player that they win, not the company. Get rid of all clones and the winning players would still be there. 

28.05.2010, 13:47

casperbons
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Think it's time they banned you honor. For destroying other people's fun. 

28.05.2010, 21:54

Last time edited : 28.05.2010, 21:56

pectopatop
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Three years with Virtonomics
Astronaut boots Nominee of the Mr. Virtonomics 2010 contest
l:
KKompany

~1 year ago (real year), when i played on Mary, there were companies:
- foxnet1, foxnet2, foxnet3, foxnet4, foxnet5 (maybe more, i don't know exactly)
- amantes retail group, amantes production group, amantes science group, amantes resources group

Both players were in the TOP-lists.

I can tell you that maybe half of TOP players had/have clones, maybe more.
And there are players (in Virta, but maybe not in this realm) who have >10 clones 

29.05.2010, 00:43

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

well i also think that clone's shouldn't be allowed in this game but oh well, nothing is perfect Well 

29.05.2010, 01:07

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

I disagree with your analysis. Cheating within the rules aren't cheating. I myself regretfully have cheated, I have spent more than $300 of my own money to prop up my Virts company. I've made several deals with top players which could be classified as unethical or irregular transactions. Nevertheless, we are addicted to this game and committed to the realistic 'wall-street corruption' as it should be in real life.  

Just remember one of the ten commandments: Thou shalt not snitch. 

29.05.2010, 01:54

Deira
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Honorchamp, please, do all of us a big favor and quit this game, its not for you.
Its too complicated for you and you simply cant understand written text, and you get to the wrong conclusions.
You blame everybody else, but yourself for your failures, you cant face your mistakes, missteps and always complaining about everything.

Probably Farmville or the like would be a suitable game for you, that kind of games probably have a very easy to understand rules, that even you can gasp it, and there you can be successfull and then you dont have to blame the whole world because of your failures.

The Devs stated multiple times that its allowed to have clones. So its not cheating by rules.
Of course its not nice and especially not very ethical to run multiple companies and help each other and gain advantages with them, but the Devs are our gods, so this is it, we have to play with those rules what they set :-)

I had a clone a while back for a few weeks, but I found its not worth the hassle to manage two companies and constantly logging in and out and organize the two companies together.
And it goes against fair play and sportsmanship, and sometimes its better to fight and die with honor, then win by tricks and questionable actions, even if they are inside the rules. 

29.05.2010, 03:15

Last time edited : 29.05.2010, 03:41

ChrisBerlin82
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Well, I have to admint... I cheated to become big so fast ;-). Basically buying game points is cheating. No offense meant, but some people in real life have more money to spend on fun stuff (e.g. games) than others, and their ability to buy any advantage is greater. So when buying game points (which you did as well, you've grown to black even faster than I did) you basically cheat as it gives you an unfair advantage to less rich people. This is reflecting real life though and a feature I actually like about this game. There are people here who buy 1000 game points which I could never afford, but hey I am not Bill Gates in real life either To you

There is one point I agree on with you. It is extremely obvious that >50% of the Top 25 players are using clones to push their companies and since this is even forbidden by the rules there should be strict punishment for this. I have contacted admins several times before about clones but they did nothing. I mean calling a president clone1, clone2, clone3 is pretty ridiculous in the first place ;). On the other hand I fear the game would look empty if all clones are deleted and the parent companies are punished, and from a marketing perspective I understand why admins don't do it, because nobody wants to play a game where there are no players. So my suggestion is... live with the situation (you can't change corruption in real life yourself either) and be happy that YOU don't use clones, like I am not using them and see how well you can play without them Well

It is because of the player that they win, not the company. Get rid of all clones and the winning players would still be there.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to disproof this Well. I only win lots of contests because I invested a few hundread game points already, others who didn't do this win by using clones to circumvent qualification limits e.g.. 

29.05.2010, 03:36

Santa Claus hat The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Quality label Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination of Consumer Goods Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Three years with Virtonomics

You speak the truth Chris. Corruption should not be condoned or promoted but its existence is essential to the game. As you stated without loopholes many players wouldn't be able to get to the top.

As for you Honorchamp, don't hate the player, hate the game. 

29.05.2010, 06:27

Ixnad
Ten years with Virtonomics

ChrisBerlin82
Well, I have to admint... I cheated to become big so fast ;-). Basically buying game points is cheating. No offense meant, but some people in real life have more money to spend on fun stuff (e.g. games) than others, and their ability to buy any advantage is greater. So when buying game points (which you did as well, you've grown to black even faster than I did) you basically cheat as it gives you an unfair advantage to less rich people. This is reflecting real life though and a feature I actually like about this game. There are people here who buy 1000 game points which I could never afford, but hey I am not Bill Gates in real life either To you

Chris made a good point with regards to the nature of micro-transaction based game. In fact I think Virto is quite slow/inefficient in implementing the micro-transaction model. In some successful MT-MMO games, it's practically impossible to play without paying. They will find a way to entice you to pay, whether you are a rich or a poor guy in real life Well When done right, these games generate a much higher revenue than subscription based MMO games.

If you paid money for advantage in a subscription based game (like buying Gold in World of Warcraft), then it is cheating. But it's not cheating in a MT based game. I consider it fair and square.

For contests it's a bit different matter. If a few players have a certain degree of monopoly on contests, sooner or later the negative effects will be felt by the game itself. For contests, there should be a stricter rule and enforcement. Since this is a one-time thing. 

29.05.2010, 14:00

Pyrex
Fourteen years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Fourteen years with Virtonomics
l:
ZION Group
m:
Zion Holdings

i don't use clones nor spend money on game points. i'm still waiting to have enough billions to buy game points lol maybe one day i'll be top 25 I roll! 

29.05.2010, 15:13

m3ali_AlbAsHa
Three years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base
l:
DeSeRt_RoSe inc.

@!@  is there any thives here 

29.05.2010, 15:30

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

I admit i have a clone first it was to start up now it is to give my stores two departements of goods. This because else my qualification is not sufficient. I have to tell you it's a big hassle to keep both companies doing great. I know it's isn't very etical for the game but it is very real life based ( as you are claming you want all the time ). Don't think i have to give you examples of multinationals like Procter and Gamble but i did because probably you won't understand if it's right under your nose  I roll!

The thing i like about clones you can find out things on your own, you can see what you are doing wrong by tweaking your clones in different ways. If you had done this you wouldn't have upsetted so many players and probably the makers of the game. All players "wanted" too help you without any favors in return RESPECT THAT, DON'T GET ANGRY because it isn't the way you want.

Keep it real it's just a game. Really? 

29.05.2010, 15:31

casperb
Seven years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Wowie over 100.000.000 turnover. Thanks all for helping when i needed it. Gift 

30.05.2010, 08:06

Honorchamp
Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Markets Storm Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Is it against the rules to have clones, the admins have said that time and again on these forums. Check the clone threads and the admin comments. Buying points is not against the rules and is not cheating. The game does not have a completely fair and level playing field due to this of course as people with funds or living in developed nations, eurozone, UK etc will have greater buying power and this it takes away some parity but the admins can only do so much about that. There are players here cloning to enter contests and tenders twice and other illegal practices in order SIMPLY to steal away other players chances to win virts to cash out and steal money from them and the game. This is against the rules as cloning is not allowed. These people must be banned. This is unscrupulous and low down and unfair.

The rules clearly state that you can not have clones and if you want more capacity you have to buy it with points or build your qualification requirements. Cloning allows you to cheat the developers out of their money, and cheat other players from theirs. It is morally wrong and it is actually a CRIME chargeable as fraud in the USA, Canada, and Australia under their laws. (not familiar with other nations laws but I imagine they are the same)

I will post the rules page when I find the mention, and the admins comments that it is against the rules.

Although cloning is tempting, it is WRONG. 

List of forums -> Archive-> Fraudsters are stealing from all of us and Virto!!!!

• Page: