Create your dream company in the global economy game!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Brexit

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 24.06.2016, 14:09

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
One year with Virtonomics
Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

I live I Canada and have recently learned about this. But imo it seems like a bad idea leaving...

What I've read is it costs 8-10 billion to stay with the EU. That money mostly goes to countries in need or sections of countries in need. So would it be fair to say British are now no longer willing to help fellow Europeans who where part of the EU as well?

Can the government guarantee to improve everyone's lives by saving that 8-10 billion? Or in other words can they improve everyone's lives a lot by saving $154 a person? I've got my doubts...

Furthermore the residents in the UK are now going to have fun crossing boarders and buying stuff, realty check is it's likely going to cost the residents of the UK far more a year likely than staying in the EU.

The gov will keep collecting the same amount likely and the residents will have to pay even more...   

• Page:
Message list:  

24.06.2016, 14:33

Big
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
m:
Arctic Corporation

I agree with you .
Leaving EU looks like a dangerous idea to me. It can bring destruction to british export oriented business , particularly those who depended on EU market .
In this era of unions , Britain is making a big mistake leaving EU . 

24.06.2016, 19:25

G_Money33
History teacher Buriti palm Watering can Production: master Snow Leopard Nine years with Virtonomics For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Merchant coat
Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Pupmkin Mask Vampire Mask World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Princely mansion Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Forest tycoon Miner Helmet
Nine years with Virtonomics
l:
Consolidated Transnational Corp (CTC)
m:
G_Money33 Ltd.

I think economically it's bad.  It reintroduces red tape everywhere.

Also, politically EU has way less power as does UK.

Besides economic, political standpoint UK has more independence which I guess is a good thing. 

24.06.2016, 20:14

gamerz300
Masking mustache Panda Panda Mandarin duck Mandarin duck Honey Barrel Merit for the Uzbekistan of level I Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Egg-Roll International

Red tape has always been there, now there will be more...

For political power, everyone is losing it... As more and more people start realizing they can over power the government, the government has to start playing by the rules. If your talking about the great British empire think of it like the EU, everyone they had under their control including Canada eventually wanted and got independence...

The worlds always changing, but they could of done things better. There's no outlines how they will accomplish things no contingency plans... Only thing I found was they might use the savings to remove fuel vat...

Being independent is great but they aren't a developing country and this isn't 100 years+ ago... The truth is they became too reliant on the EU. The question is will companies survive or will they leave.

All I know is currently it's cheaper for me to buy virts with the euro because of this, and I hope they are able to become independent with large success. 

24.06.2016, 23:37

Last time edited : 25.06.2016, 01:36

el09sjs
Twelve years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor The tender collider, VII-XV places
m:
Bio.

Hello from a newly independent UK .... and the end of the world did not happen!! Good bye EU ... hello world we're back in control! 

25.06.2016, 04:27

VanguardScotland
Eleven years with Virtonomics

I wanted UK to remain with EU. However, we're a strong country and I believe we would survive either way. I travel abroad a lot so, for a while, the exchange rates will not be good for me until the pound recovers.

My biggest concern is the possibility that Scotland may eventually pull away from the union. Northern Ireland could be affected in several ways too. 

26.06.2016, 14:20

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

el09sjs
Hello from a newly independent UK .... and the end of the world did not happen!! Good bye EU ... hello world we're back in control!
umm sorry to burst your bubble but you're not truly independent yet... Like I said this isn't 100+ years ago there's now a lot of paperwork to do.

You have 2 years to complete everything afaik else you're still in the EU because countries that would benefit with you staying will never permit you extra time ;) equally afaik you'll be paying EU fees until you legally leave the EU or agreed upon otherwise. 

26.06.2016, 14:42

Last time edited : 26.06.2016, 15:05

el09sjs
Twelve years with Virtonomics Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor The tender collider, VII-XV places
m:
Bio.

The UK is in charge of when to trigger Article 50 (the formal process to leave) then we have 2 years to negotiate and this can be extended. Tomorrow Parliament could introduce Bills stopping all of what you mentioned and there is nothing the EU can do. Not that I think it is going to happen.

It is import to remember both the EU and UK equally depend on each other so either side trying hurt the other will backfire. We are now independent and that is why the EU is reacting the way it is and negotiations will establish our new relations.

By the way I deliberately used the term EU as I like all Europeans but not the organisation of the EU. 

27.06.2016, 09:27

Last time edited : 27.06.2016, 09:28

Viraxje
Six years with Virtonomics
Elm Leaning Tower Portugal soccer ball Masquerade wig Jubilee Ten Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Wild beehive The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

Think you're viewing it a bit with ur England glasses on el09sjs.
As a matter of fact I do think European nations will be pretty straight forward with Britain about leaving.
As mr Juncker already mentioned, if the Britain wants to leave, from the EU side it will not take 2 years.
The talks the EU will have will probably be divided in 2 different talks, one with Britain, since this is formally required.. and one without Britain. By which Britain will actually already lose all of its power within the EU. 

28.06.2016, 01:08

VanguardScotland

I can't help thinking that a lot of the voting was done with a vision of our past when the sun never set on the British Empire and we were a great industrial nation.

We live in different times and we're definitely better off working together. The Scottish referendum showed that and now the links have been weakened ... for the time being. As is proven very quickly with each update in this game, every action has a reaction. This applies more so in real life.

I think everyone agrees that the EU is run badly. Instead of shouting about how bad the EU is run, and whether we should stay in it or not, we should have been shouting about how to change it and fix these core problems.  

Perhaps this wake-up call will cause them to do that. Unfortunately, if it does, we British won't have any say in it. 

28.06.2016, 18:30

Viraxje
Elm Leaning Tower Portugal soccer ball Masquerade wig Jubilee Ten Triple corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor
Management: bachelor Wild beehive The tender collider, VII-XV places The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, the winner The tender collider, the winner
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, II-III places World Cuisines, II-III places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places
Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Platinum sponsor of the Contest for Tycoons Eight years with Virtonomics
Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health The winner in the nomination Your Way to success of the Industry Competition Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

Could be indeed VS, during my business philosophy course the professor also shared his thoughts on the issue. He used Spengler as a possible explanation. Western European countries, the likes of Germany, Holland, Belgium...enjoy Faustian Culture where aristocracy does not play an imporant role. However in Britain aristocracy played and I think still plays a bigger role.
Also taking into consideration the way the voters voted : most old people voted in favour of leaving the EU and the younger generation voting against a separation.

I think almost any country agrees the way the EU is run currently is far from ideal and it will have to change. However I guess this is going to be very difficult, especially with the right-wing gaining momentum in almost any country (refugee crisis??) and are in general very much against the EU and don't feel much for reforms but leaving. 

28.06.2016, 23:57

Viraxje
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

and there the media pulls of a 180...even those in favour of leaving the EU...
I found it rather strange the media took sides either way 

29.06.2016, 00:05

VanguardScotland

Well, I hope that, instead of calling the UK this or that for leaving, they take an inward look and ask themselves why did that happen because other countries are considering whether they should have their own referendums (or referenda, take your pick). 

29.06.2016, 08:58

Viraxje
l:
Viraxje Ltd.
m:
Viraxje Industries

they as in the other European countries? Yes I very much hope the same. Yet our media in the Netherlands, at least most of it, does not really mention what is going on at the moment in Britain...So that frigthens me a bit to be honest. 

29.06.2016, 12:36

gamerz300
m:
Egg-Roll International

^ but isn't Google your friend?

About media taking sides (quote fiction is refusing to work on my phone), it's hardly that strange... They'll take sides if it's in their best interest. For example (I'm guessing here) it'd be in BBC's best interest to support staying with the EU and any actions to stay/get back in it. Why? I've seen a good number of BBC shows including top gear that has used free movement between countries to produce tv shows, this also supports other countries. The old top gear hosts posted something about this too on YouTube.

Those who wanted to leave where probably thinking they could bring back the old British empire... I remember reading something about how the older people wanted to leave and younger ones didn't for reasons brought up in the other topic

Here's the YouTube video https://youtu.be/cPz179E7rhA ...  

29.06.2016, 15:28

Wonson
Jubilee Ten Bronze Ten Bronze Ten For contribution to the development of Virtonomics The tender collider, IV-VI places The tender collider, II-III places The tender collider, II-III places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places
World Cuisines, IV-Vi places World Cuisines, IV-Vi places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Shagreen, II-III places Eight years with Virtonomics
The winner of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania
Four years with Virtonomics
l:
Wondime
m:
Wondime

Gamerz, do you think older people lose their brains by aging and fall for melancholic dreams like Restoring British Empire? And meanwhile gullible and sentimental youngsters make decisions emanated from deep eternal wisdom? Come on! Cheerfully 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Brexit

• Page: