Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Transport & Logistics

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 13.01.2016, 18:46

Last time edited : 13.01.2016, 18:52

VanguardScotland
Eleven years with Virtonomics

Hi all.

I've posted this in Free Communication because ... well, it is kind of game talk but because I know it will never happen. However, I thought it would be a fun discussion. Is it even feasible? It could probably be a simulation on it's own, tied into this one.

If you own a business in the real world, producing goods for yourself or for other companies, a major, major consideration is how you'll get those goods from your factory or warehouse to their destination. In most cases, you won't be paid until the goods arrive at the other end in good order and condition.

In the game, I buy and sell but I give no real thought to transport. Yes, there is a table of costs available but it's basically included in the price and I don't need to arrange it. If competitive transport was introduced here and we had the opportunity to use or to build a transport company, how would it work? In reality, you can have anything from 'a man with a van' to 'an international logistics operation'. Couriers, trucks, trains, planes, ships, etc. I have to admit here that I don't think I have enough time on my hands to run a big virtual transport operation but I could, perhaps, use some well scheduled trucks of my own between my mills and my factories.

How would you go about this?    

• Page:
Message list:  

13.01.2016, 19:06

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

Transport/logistics is a very interesting thing. Maybe in some way it can be implemented as a new services sector, and also connects to the political aspect of the game.

But, I expect it probably becomes an unprofitable sector, mostly because one way or another it will be related to politics. And if it's about politics people get crazy and it will be a race to the bottom To you

Nevertheless, good idea, and needs some feedback from plenty of people. 

13.01.2016, 19:36

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

It's a natural development of the game to create a transport sector, but I agree with Ty: most likely it'll be connected to politics. You can already see the transport tariffs at the national budgets, so it'll probably be the national governments paying the transport companies, re-selling their services to companies just like regional governments do with electricity. 

13.01.2016, 19:38

mort100
Twelve years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Raw Material Base Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
Twelve years with Virtonomics Founder of Makurdi Founder of Ado Ekiti Triple corporate chevron Double corporate chevron Production: elite Science: bachelor Management: bachelor
Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor Mayor
Mayor Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Governor Leader in technologies
l:
Mo corp
m:
Mo Industries

Btw, this topic belong in the suggestions section and people should + it. 

13.01.2016, 21:05

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

A sort of solution:
Sell vans, trucks, trains, ships and planes through the government procurement and connect this to transport costs. If a country doesn't get enough supply of transportation solutions, the transport costs will raise. 

14.01.2016, 03:41

Last time edited : 14.01.2016, 03:48

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Two years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Come on guys... Stop proposing to add Transport / Logistics

Fully detailed concept of transportation area is ready and waiting its time (this or max next year). Isn't that obvious after developers added almost everything needed fro transportation when they added presidents? You already can change transportation tariffs (presidents can), see cost for different destinations, see all types of transport there will be in future...

There will be:
- New qualification
- Different types of subdivisions (or 1 subdivision with different kinds, like in Power Plants).
- Trains, trucks, boats and plains probably will be used as equipment
- These subdivisions might be very expensive (likely some will be for V cash, some only for points)
- Adding Transportation (as well as advertising agencies and construction companies later in future) will increase cost of transportation for players, so when you asking to hurry up with this, don't forget that current spending on transportation 1-5% of cost might jump to 10-20% right after players will take this industry and they going to increase prices to make their subdivisions profitable...
- Don't think that a new business area in Virtonomics will be "magical". I mean it is not going to  be a Klondike / El Dorado in terms of getting game cash. Transportation will be very hard area to enter, same as in real life.

Developers have a lot on their table at the moment but eventually transportation will be in Virtonomics, no doubt. 

14.01.2016, 15:01

VanguardScotland

I'm surprised to read that transportation is ready to be added. It wasn't meant to be a proposal and I did realise that it would have been extremely difficult to add.  It simply came to me when I was thinking that the game is coming closer and closer to reality except, I thought, for the shipping part (I hadn't thought of construction, as mentioned above.  I'm sure there are more.)

I tried to imagine running a virtual business solely for shipping other folks' goods. I don't mean like the 'tycoon' games with little roads and graphics but as a Virtonomics business set.  I wondered if there are actually enough businesses in the system to allow competitive haulage to become profitable even just in intercity or intercontinental transport.  I'm sure that's not what your saying will be added next year but instead, another background tariff table.  I agree though, it would probably be one for the zillionaires in here. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Transport & Logistics

• Page: