Create your dream company and become a tycoon!

Play Business Game!
Русский Українська Español Deutsch
Login Password Sign Up / Login Forgot your password? English
Search
virtonomica

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk) -> Doubling assets - Simple entrepreneurship

Humor, love, politics, economics, culture and everything that is not about tycoon games

Topic:

Topic created : 5.01.2016, 16:30

Last time edited : 5.01.2016, 16:39

TyStuFF
Five years with Virtonomics
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

A long time ago I've read a concept about doubling assets every day, basically starting with 1 cent. It was not much of a real concept, since it's practically unrealistic, but it intrigued me a lot, just to think about it.

Day 1: 0,01 -> 0,02
Day 2: 0,02 -> 0,04
Day 10: 5,12 -> 10,24

Not much of a progress the first few days, but imagine how much money you will have after a month.

Sometimes I wonder, what if you actually attempt to double assets every day. Or maybe some other factor, and period of time. Just starting with not just a cent, but more sensible like 10 bucks. Low budget entrepreneurship, from hobby to empire? Investing a lot of time, not aiming for a decent hourly salary, just multiplying assets all the time. On the longer term it's of course not possible to double assets every day, effort to profit margin ratio changes the more money is involved, but as a start it's a fun concept.

Just imagine, it's actually achievable, to make a business empire with just 10 bucks. Do you think it's possible?

And what if you think it's possible, would you try it? And what would you exactly do?

What if I buy some little things at a store, some tiny bit of wood, paint and glue and make a small house, then try to sell it for 20 bucks? Would you buy it? And would you do the exact same thing, twice? So you have a product for free, and made 2 people happy with a handcrafted product as well?

Would you ask me for this "house"? Would this tiny decorative house, be a start of something that becomes a real house? A community? A vilage, or even a whole island?   

• Page:
Message list:  

5.01.2016, 17:19

Ksenija_
Two years with Virtonomics
l:
Ksenija_ Limited

Making a business empire with just 10 bucks is quite possible, I guess. A lot of big companies were built on very limited resources.  And yes, I would buy a handcrafted house from you, TyVery we! 

5.01.2016, 17:55

Last time edited : 5.01.2016, 18:13

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

A lot of big companies were built on very limited resources
It reminds me

When  i started this company i had 2 things in my possession... A dream and 6 million pounds

5.01.2016, 18:13

TyStuFF
Jewelry Loupe Waffle iron Santa Claus Santa Claus Santa Claus Père Noël Père Noël Père Noël
Père Noël Père Noël Joulupukki Joulupukki Joulupukki Olentzero Olentzero Olentzero
Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Weihnachtsmann Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk Julebukk
Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Sinterklaas Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Ded Moroz Tovlis babua Tovlis babua
Tovlis babua For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Founder of the city Santander Shagreen, VII-XV places Shagreen, IV-VI, places Founder of the city Rhodes Winner of the Industry Competition in the 'Government procurement' nomination Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Nation's Health
Five years with Virtonomics The winner of the Industry Competition The winner of the Storm of regions nomination of the Industry Competition Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination Tender mania Winner of the Leaders Contest in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics

See how easy it is! I spent 10 minutes of my time to make a topic, and I have my first deal within an hour!

Guess I need to build a house as soon as possible To you 

5.01.2016, 18:16

Last time edited : 5.01.2016, 18:17

jeka_igla
Four years with Virtonomics
Black Friday wallet Shagreen, VII-XV places Seven years with Virtonomics
m:
Red Swarm LTD

Also related theory to your topic is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martingale_(betting_system)

6.01.2016, 16:06

Rogue_Cat
Four years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination "Knowledge is power!" Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Consumer Goods Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
For contribution to the development of Virtonomics Six years with Virtonomics Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination Trade Turnover Winner of the Contest for Managers in the nomination The Standard of Virtonomics
l:
Catnipalot
m:
Catnipalot

This reminds me to an old advertising (can't find it now, nor remember what it advertised To you), about a guy who traded half a lemon for a paperclip, the paperclip for a crafted doorknob... and so on, with an old barbecue, a water scooter and some other stuff, until finally getting a house.

It's a long and slow way, and if you don't consider factors like being unable to find a buyer or having your stuff stolen (thieves, looters, tax collectors...), then it is theorically possible to trade stuff a la discounter. Cheap price attracts more buyers. But sometimes there is a good chance to get a bit more than just double of it, so in that case it would be better the chance than the fixed double amount. Not everybody gives the same value to a given item.

Everything is really based on this: buy a material for cheap, craft stuff, sale the final product with the added cost for service, crafting, etc, and you have increased its value.

Also reminds me to the story of the chess inventor asking for his reward in grain. One grain for first square, two for next one, four for next one... and so on until all 64 squares of the board. Trolling the king like a boss. I roll! 

8.01.2016, 02:03

Last time edited : 8.01.2016, 16:33

TyStuFF

Actually fun to try to trade one product for a more valuable one, but it's probably not very easy.

It's probably easier to buy products in bulk and cut it up in smaller quantities I suspect (maybe because that's more of a practical experience from myself). Cheap consumables often easily can give double the purchase price, even if you offer it as a bargain. Nevertheless in such cases you talk about low value products mostly, so you have to move a lot, so it's not a very interesting effort to profit ratio. But then again, that's more a regular form of trading.

Actually to get back to doubling assets on a daily basis: How fun would it be to put yourself as a freelancer on an "auction", based on a jar with 1 cent and for every bid, they agree to double the jar value for an extra day of working. In theory you can just work a few days for basically nothing, but on the other hand, if you offer such thing you can build up a decent contacts network over time, and easily increase your value.

Imagine that you constantly put yourself on auction, constantly resetting the 1 cent jar and filling it up again, do you think the average jar value would increase over time? Do you think there is a possibility to come somewhere at some point that the amount is actually crazy?

Auctions are crazy anyway, in terms of psychology being involved. You can get a real bargain, or overpay because of the bidding game of chaos. I'm really wondering how this bidding game evolves when you actually sell a person and especially with such a concept. 

List of forums -> Free communication (everything except serious game talk)-> Doubling assets - Simple entrepreneurship

• Page: